SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

just now went to bikeworkz no tick sound so they cant rectify the prob , boss say most likely is shims no worry , but just now the sound came back

so i record it using my phone to see any of u guys know wats the prob >.

could be chain tensioner . only have sound when warm or hot engine . once change no longer have

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

could be chain tensioner . only have sound when warm or hot engine . once change no longer have

i asked planet boss he say its ok ~ he say this 1 small prob, old bike open engine big prob will come >..

motor = 越摸越多 >.

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

Anyone can tell ke e difference between a $65 and original $220 rectifier? Is it ok to use e made in china $65 rectifier? I'm riding a spec 3.

i'm not sure @@ when i changed mine the mech say got $65 small 1 and $125 big 1 ~

than i choose $125 de ~_~ll but bike still got start prob >.

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

What model is ur S4?

CDI don't spoiled so easiy like dat lah..no such think as can start 30 mins later. Could be ur solenoid contact dirty.

ah pek...u say solenoid...how do we go about cleaning it? which part of the bike for spec 3? thx thx....just for enquiry

:angel:RIDE TO BE A GHOST RIDER:angel:

go to CMO section.....theres a person selling something call easystand .....around 40++ or so i remeber....

i got something like this from 5gold shop for $20 ^^ll 9yrs ago , still look as new only used it once/month to spray chain lube xD

http://www.diseno-art.com/images_3/scissor_jack.jpg

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

i asked planet boss he say its ok ~ he say this 1 small prob, old bike open engine big prob will come >..

motor = 越摸越多 >.

very true.

no big problem = dont think too much.

think too much = pocket big hole.

planet helps people to save money. even newbie noobs. some shops will tell you horror stories and advise you to change this and that.

this morning wanna go to work bike cannot start again -.-ll

heard some said is cdi prob -.- how much does it cost to change 1 ?

i had my coil rect batt plug changed ~

~_~ keep eeeeheeeheee just cannot start must wait like 30mins or so suddenly it can start with 1 press at the starter

found a video at youtube which sounds the same as mine

my spec 2 ever had the same eeeeheeeeheee symptom after i dropped my bike. i called someone for help, and he told me to turn and hold the throttle at max for 2 second, release, then press the start button. and my bike started, albeit weak at first. theory was fuel flowed out of the carb when bike fell. opening throttle feeds fuel back to the carb.

if this theory is true, could it be your carb somehow was dry in the morning? maybe internal leak?

(correct me if i'm talking rubbish, thanks! =D)

go to CMO section.....theres a person selling something call easystand .....around 40++ or so i remeber....

I actually got that but it's not very easy to use, and install already the bike is still tilted to one side very hard to see my left swing arm condition. I am looking for those like bike shop use, which supports both swing arms and lift the bike straight up.

i got something like this from 5gold shop for $20 ^^ll 9yrs ago , still look as new only used it once/month to spray chain lube xD

http://www.diseno-art.com/images_3/scissor_jack.jpg

This one lifts by the frame? I prefer something that lifts the swing arm instead so the chain tension and condition is accurately reflected. Where is this 5gold shop anyway.

i'm not sure @@ when i changed mine the mech say got $65 small 1 and $125 big 1 ~

than i choose $125 de ~_~ll but bike still got start prob >.

So spec 3 muz use small or big one? Just found out mine is e small one. I'm afraid e charging might not be enough and spoil my coil in e lOng run. But original one cost $220 big one. Any advice? I just replace coil, batt and rectifier recently only.

So spec 3 muz use small or big one? Just found out mine is e small one. I'm afraid e charging might not be enough and spoil my coil in e lOng run. But original one cost $220 big one. Any advice? I just replace coil, batt and rectifier recently only.

not sure >.

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

got big and small one meh? think the shop trying to pull a fast one on you

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.

This one lifts by the frame? I prefer something that lifts the swing arm instead so the chain tension and condition is accurately reflected. Where is this 5gold shop anyway.

lift by the pipe header ~ 5gold shop is those hardware shop that sells paint and tools ~ :cheeky:

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

[Q] Just got a Spec 1, and yesterday is the day where I travelled slightly further, from Suntec to Vivo. When i parked at Vivo, notice that my coolant flow out from my drain pipe. And I heard some "water boiling" sound from underneath the seat....can advice what is the problem? Is it still safe to ride the bike? Thanks.

[Q] Just got a Spec 1, and yesterday is the day where I travelled slightly further, from Suntec to Vivo. When i parked at Vivo, notice that my coolant flow out from my drain pipe. And I heard some "water boiling" sound from underneath the seat....can advice what is the problem? Is it still safe to ride the bike? Thanks.

The reason is heat cannot be dissipate fast enough... Resulting in pressure build up and boil temp and flow out..... I would say faster check ur coolant level and go to a bikeshop unless u know how to DIY because ur

Ur radiator system dirty Liao..... If flushing can solve then small prob.... Orelse nid through clean the radiator:)

:angel:RIDE TO BE A GHOST RIDER:angel:

hello brudders! anyone of u change ur bike tail to vtec 3 tail and put rack and box? i know need to modify or cut a bit of the tail. any other choice? or anywhere i can go to have someone do a rack for me other than seng kwang? how much roughly thx.

Unique motors have the tail conversion package. Think it's better you call them and ask about it.

hi all. it jus happen today that when i start the bike, can here a rattling sound from the left side (not sure exactly where) previously i dont encounter this. the rattling disappear once the bike moves. only upon starting the engine. has anyone encounter this ?