SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

Wat r e sympthoms if rectifier not working?

Batt not charging

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks. I heard that can actually do a bypass to make the fan continuously run, is it recommended to do so? what's the estimated cost if i send my bike to do up the overheating problem...sorry, still new and i dun wish to be ripped off by bikeshop. Appreciate if someone can let me know so that i can go ATM and press enough money. :p

The reason is heat cannot be dissipate fast enough... Resulting in pressure build up and boil temp and flow out..... I would say faster check ur coolant level and go to a bikeshop unless u know how to DIY because ur

Ur radiator system dirty Liao..... If flushing can solve then small prob.... Orelse nid through clean the radiator:)

Batt not charging

Hi lxy, I know that we can't trust e batt volt meter much. But now when I'm traveling it reads abt 11.8 to 12.4. Happens these two days. Wonder if it's e volt meter spoil le. Cos I just replaced coil batt rect. That day I told my bike shop e rect cost $65 they were shock as y so cheap. Then told me mine is small one from china. Told me original is $220 big one. Is it true?

Edited by cwmike21

Thanks. I heard that can actually do a bypass to make the fan continuously run, is it recommended to do so? what's the estimated cost if i send my bike to do up the overheating problem...sorry, still new and i dun wish to be ripped off by bikeshop. Appreciate if someone can let me know so that i can go ATM and press enough money. :p

there is no harm to run the fan continuously...they just help u put a swtich or when u ignite auto on.....but seriously i don see the point cox it onli solve ur overheating prob on the surface...

the real problem still lies inside the radiator system...maybe alot of rust or something resulting to your overheat....

my guess is doing wiring cost u about 30 bucks..... by adding maybe say additional 20 -30 bucks...u can go to your mech to rectify the prob...if nid flushing...for wat i know unique cost 50 including engine ice... while if hose problem or wat..other prob...it maybe more expensive...but at least u know problem is solve:)

just my advice:)

:angel:RIDE TO BE A GHOST RIDER:angel:

Hi lxy, I know that we can't trust e batt volt meter much. But now when I'm traveling it reads abt 11.8 to 12.4. Happens these two days. Wonder if it's e volt meter spoil le. Cos I just replaced coil batt rect. That day I told my bike shop e rect cost $65 they were shock as y so cheap. Then told me mine is small one from china. Told me original is $220 big one. Is it true?

RECTIFIER got big or small one meh? hehe

voltmeter is not as accurate as u measure directly to the battery.

just 2 cents:)

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

Rectifier got big and small. Was told by racewerks mech that big is modified de. Anyway volt meter is always used as a gauge. E reading shown diff a bit. But mine old one spoil le. Read 11.7-11.9. Scare me out. After changing e volt meter is 12.6-13.1 le. Hee

Need some help here. Any recommendations for battery?

I'm riding a spec3 and the batt I'm using now is some

cheap Korea brand batt(can't recall the brand name) which

was given to me by the bike shop when I bought my bike.

I was told the batt is not suitable for vtec models.

March 2009 - May 2010: VXR200 (FBB***B)

October 2010- September 2013: CB400 Spec 3 (FY****Y)

September 2013 - Present: GSR750 (FBH****S)

Need some help here. Any recommendations for battery?

I'm riding a spec3 and the batt I'm using now is some

cheap Korea brand batt(can't recall the brand name) which

was given to me by the bike shop when I bought my bike.

I was told the batt is not suitable for vtec models.

Bro spec 3 gotta use yuasa ytz 10s batt(strongly rec) it's e Oem batt for spec 3. So there muz be a reason y e jap use that as e Oem batt. And it's advised by ah pek that we use it for spec 3 too. Cost ard 160-180

Bro spec 3 gotta use yuasa ytz 10s batt(strongly rec) it's e Oem batt for spec 3. So there muz be a reason y e jap use that as e Oem batt. And it's advised by ah pek that we use it for spec 3 too. Cost ard 160-180

YTZ10S costs $150 at Republic Motors and Unique.

---

- Sent from my iPhoneâ„¢ using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help guys.

Btw can i just check with u guys, how regularly do u guys do your servicing? 5000km?

how often must i change my spark plug?

would really appreciate it if someone could come out with a rough servicing guide list.

pardon me for my lack of knowledge.

Thanks for the help guys.

Btw can i just check with u guys, how regularly do u guys do your servicing? 5000km?

how often must i change my spark plug?

would really appreciate it if someone could come out with a rough servicing guide list.

pardon me for my lack of knowledge.

Abt 4-5k km. Depending on riding style. Spark plugs change when u change twice EO. Correct me if I'm wrong guys tks

Abt 4-5k km. Depending on riding style. Spark plugs change when u change twice EO. Correct me if I'm wrong guys tks

noted. thanks again for your help =)

hey pple..

is the fork brace the same for spec1,2,3?

if its not the same.. then which one is able to use for which? or all the 3 uses a different one?

(\__/)

(='.'=) This is Bunny. Paste bunny into

(")_(") your sig to help him gain world domination

;7226304']hey pple..

is the fork brace the same for spec1,2,3?

if its not the same.. then which one is able to use for which? or all the 3 uses a different one?

Yes you are correct. Fork brace for Vtec-1 able to fit Vtec-2 and 3.

---

- Sent from my iPhoneâ„¢ using Tapatalk

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

yah twice for normal plugs , depending on riding some ppl can last till 4th eo change , iridium can last till 4-6 eo change ^^)

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

What model is ur S4?

CDI don't spoiled so easiy like dat lah..no such think as can start 30 mins later. Could be ur solenoid contact dirty.

today bike cannot start again ~_~

got piss off, so i press and hold the starter, after letting it crank for about 30sec the engine suddenly fire up -_______-ll

any idea ? planet boss say might be the coil at the left side of the engine do u know wat is that ? >.

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

got piss off, so i press and hold the starter, after letting it crank for about 30sec the engine suddenly fire up -_______-ll

any idea ? planet boss say might be the coil at the left side of the engine do u know wat is that ? >.

Rubbish lah. Try using ur choke next time. When using choke.don't turn throttle initially.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Rubbish lah. Try using ur choke next time. When using choke.don't turn throttle initially.

>___

the last time i did used choke but also cannot start ~

u did mention about solenoid contact may i know where is it ?

planet boss did take out my cdi and service the contacts ~ is that the 1 ?

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

Ah Pek, where is the choke located?

Its not how fast you can reach your destination and its not how you modify your machine but at the end of the day, its HOW you ride the machine!!!!.

No..its on your left side back panel where the fuse is. Look for a red connector..pull it off and there is a green 30 amps fuse. Just check the 4 pin or so connector that they are not rusted badly.

No..its on your left side back panel where the fuse is. Look for a red connector..pull it off and there is a green 30 amps fuse. Just check the 4 pin or so connector that they are not rusted badly.

i'm unable to pull of the red connector its so tight ~_~ and my finger cannot go in as the thick red cable beside blocking my finger

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

i'm unable to pull of the red connector its so tight ~_~ and my finger cannot go in as the thick red cable beside blocking my finger

The red connector has a locking "catch" on each side..u hve to squeeze the upper end to unlatch and pull..its tight and have to shake at the same time. Many has done it..u have to try again.

hey the other time i aLSO have this problem.. end up finding the battery srew is lose...jus need to tighten....

TA 200'02 | JUN 2008 - JUN 2010

S4 SPEC3'07 | JUN 2010 - MAY 2012

FZ6 S2'07 | MAY 2012 - CURRENT

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af70/heskeydal/signature1.jpg