SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

yes bro definitely.. but before goin fr inspection.. make sure d pipe is fully stock. btw... have u done all d necessary documents at gmax? (ie: transfer ownership, homo.. dunno wat is it called but they will gif u a paper n only with this paper u can go inspection. if dun haf den LTA will nt carry out d inspection.)

so only aft tis documentation is done den u r to proceed to inspection.

for ur additional info bro..

1) gmax trnsfer fee is ard $50.

2) LTA inspection fee is ard $81.

so prepare enough cash =)

but bro, the previous owner didn't send for inspection. still need to proceed with transfer?

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/mss/gif/rainloc0.gif

Ride safely. Be courteous. =)

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but bro, the previous owner didn't send for inspection. still need to proceed with transfer?

nope if the previous owner has not register, you do not need to transfer ownership( cos LTA no record )

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/ldslds_siggy-1.gif

BY GODSENDWORX=)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305185-ldslds-GARAGE-SALES!!

Should be the same at least with spec 2 and 3. If you want those black after market ones quite ex for brands like AGV. There are cheap knock-offs of course.

Agv got lever meh?? Or isit asv

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

For the VTEC 1 and VTEC 2 that uses the spec 3 tail, can anyone recommend me any shop that dopes it nicely? I did it at a shop for $190 and the workmanship sucks. Went to another shop to redo, he talk as if his workmanship damn good, but it sucks as well. Paid $120 more for the workmanship. Pls recommend me a good shop. And the price as well. Cos my current tail board has many holes due to the two shop redo ing it and it looks awful. Want to redo all over again including the new tail. Thanks

Hi guy,

I have problem with my vtec 3, sometimes when traveling between 5k-6k rpm, my speedo needle will go back to zero and hang there for sometime and experienced a slight loss of speed. After a while, the needle will goback to speed I'm traveling at. Any one have any ideal what wrong with my bike? Thk.

Hello fellow S4 riders,

Need to check if anybody got install a master switch which is connected directly to the battery to on and off the bike. The reason i am talking about this is because some how my bike wiring is a little screwed up and the battery power drains within 1 n half day after riding for 30-45 minutes. The battery is the normal one which is $60 i bought ... btw it is brand new .. and i change it twice within 6 months. So i cant blame the battery.. and my charging is 14 + if go over i think 5k rpm it is stable to 14 v. so charging is good =)

If you guyz ever install the master switch .. Can please recommand me the shop you did =).

oh and the price too =)

Regards:)

Edited by Freddy Co.
Forget to ask price :P

Hello fellow S4 riders,

Need to check if anybody got install a master switch which is connected directly to the battery to on and off the bike. The reason i am talking about this is because some how my bike wiring is a little screwed up and the battery power drains within 1 n half day after riding for 30-45 minutes. The battery is the normal one which is $60 i bought ... btw it is brand new .. and i change it twice within 6 months. So i cant blame the battery.. and my charging is 14 + if go over i think 5k rpm it is stable to 14 v. so charging is good =)

If you guyz ever install the master switch .. Can please recommand me the shop you did =).

oh and the price too =)

Regards:)

Why dont u go to the shop to do the wiring?? Could ur rectifier be spoilt and thus not charging the battery

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

hi guys.... bought a PB1 recently but use for one day and had catastrophic engine failure. Conrod broken.

long story short:

- Exhaust was stuck with carbon

- Brought to 2nd link to whack it out

- Conrod give way.

Questions:

1. Any more new PB1 conrod in production (most probably no). If no which version conrod is compatible with PB1??

2. Advisable to cut open the pipe and header to decarbonize? Because now not sure whether its the front or back kana stuck. Where to do it? (Please don't tell me Seng Kwang.... lol).

hi guys.... bought a PB1 recently but use for one day and had catastrophic engine failure. Conrod broken.

long story short:

- Exhaust was stuck with carbon

- Brought to 2nd link to whack it out

- Conrod give way.

Questions:

1. Any more new PB1 conrod in production (most probably no). If no which version conrod is compatible with PB1??

2. Advisable to cut open the pipe and header to decarbonize? Because now not sure whether its the front or back kana stuck. Where to do it? (Please don't tell me Seng Kwang.... lol).

The closest u can get at is from Ver R or S. They are very much the same or in fact the same used. No point replacing a new unit..but its better to get a scrape or useable set of 4 in order to keep all in balance..anyway, no harm just replacing with a new one. There are lot more than just the con rod in ur situation..have to thing of other damages insie..like crunching pins, bearing and piston.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

The closest u can get at is from Ver R or S. They are very much the same or in fact the same used. No point replacing a new unit..but its better to get a scrape or useable set of 4 in order to keep all in balance..anyway, no harm just replacing with a new one. There are lot more than just the con rod in ur situation..have to thing of other damages insie..like crunching pins, bearing and piston.

Thank you ah pek. Opened up already. pistons all ok. block ok. Thank goodness. Just the 3rd piston conrod broken. heard that its a legend that when old s4s spoil its always the 3rd and 4th piston more prone to damage. Why?

Can you advice bros here how much do you spent by changing the starter carbon ?

No need to knock or push start but...sit on bike, on ignition, clutch in and shift into 2nd gear..reserve two thre step backward fast and left clutch quickly. Once u hear a whinning sound..clutch in and shift back to netural..and start the bike. U can live like that for as long as 3 months...ha...x3!

Thank you ah pek. Opened up already. pistons all ok. block ok. Thank goodness. Just the 3rd piston conrod broken. heard that its a legend that when old s4s spoil its always the 3rd and 4th piston more prone to damage. Why?

Likely its where the eo populated least..having inefficient and substandard eo oso causes hard wearing fast.

Any idea where can i get original Honda Spec3 signal light switch assembly..?

I can signal left, but when signal right it will not light up...

Hazard light no prob at all..

btw,Unique selling 110 with installation. Motortiam 90,cash n carry

suggestion anyone?

[Q] Hi, my spec1 only has a side stand and i can't clean the chain without help. is the only option to install a main stand? or is there other methods or portable stands i can buy?

sadly.. spec 1 cannot install main stand. there's no bracket on d chassis fr a mainstand.

as fr a portable stand. there's a CMO in d mass order section. called it Easy stand. might wanna take a

look.

here's d link:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301267

Apr 2006 - Oct 2009: Yamaha RXZ 135 (FS 3*** E)

Oct 2009 - CURRENT: CB400 Spec 1 (FT 7*** J)