SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Evening riders,

[Q]

I've lost ma bike key recently and e sad thing is that i don't hv a spare key. Even my bike shop(A.S Phoon) doesnt hv a spare.

According to them,previous owner doesnt hand over any spare key.Bike still under hire purchase actually.

I'm kind of lost now. Could any of e rider could give some advise.I ride a S4 SpecIII.

mil[/MENTION]ie;7237675]Evening riders,

[Q]

I've lost ma bike key recently and e sad thing is that i don't hv a spare key. Even my bike shop(A.S Phoon) doesnt hv a spare.

According to them,previous owner doesnt hand over any spare key.Bike still under hire purchase actually.

I'm kind of lost now. Could any of e rider could give some advise.I ride a S4 SpecIII.

The only solution is change the whole ignition key system.

:angel:RIDE TO BE A GHOST RIDER:angel:

guys, my fuel cap very hard to lock and unlock.

every time i pump petrol, my key like going to break when i trying to unlock the fuel cap.

any suggestions to help improve my situation?

can i use wd40? if can, where to spray it exactly?

March 2009 - May 2010: VXR200 (FBB***B)

October 2010- September 2013: CB400 Spec 3 (FY****Y)

September 2013 - Present: GSR750 (FBH****S)

every time i pump petrol, my key like going to break when i trying to unlock the fuel cap.

i saw bike shop using WD40 to spray the lock mech.Not sure if it safe.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2353/85571635.png

i saw bike shop using WD40 to spray the lock mech.Not sure if it safe.

like that the wd40 will come in contact with the petrol right.

the wd40 mix into the petrol wont have problems?

It happens to most everytime..as years goes by..dirt and grits get into the key hole and latches slot inside the structure and with the material oxidation..it get worst. Yes..go ahead and spray WD40 into the hole first..than insert ur key and spray a bit more..than twist and turn lightly and spray somemore. Do the same to your ignition switch, starter switch and signal light switches assembly. All these are very basic maintenance. Ride safe ppl!

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

like that the wd40 will come in contact with the petrol right.

the wd40 mix into the petrol wont have problems?

Can spray WD40 into petrol if u want ;0) No harm lah.

It happens to most everytime..as years goes by..dirt and grits get into the key hole and latches slot inside the structure and with the material oxidation..it get worst. Yes..go ahead and spray WD40 into the hole first..than insert ur key and spray a bit more..than twist and turn lightly and spray somemore. Do the same to your ignition switch, starter switch and signal light switches assembly. All these are very basic maintenance. Ride safe ppl!

Can spray WD40 into petrol if u want ;0) No harm lah.

Thanks again for your help ah pek =)

Hi Guys I'm riding spec I, didnt have any problems until i exit BKE. I started to smell heavy fuel, reach home carpark, realise fuel is leaking out. Off engine stop leaking, on engine start leaking. What is the problem..?

Check your left hand side under the tank where the fuel kock is. I think likely the fuel hose to the fuel kock nozzle is loose. Just grab the hose and pull it further in. If it still leak..that means the mech could have damage it (punctured) when using plier to grip it.

Guys, i wanna buy the acerbis shroud to fix on my revo, where to get em? in black n original. chong aik only has white...

11/07/2008 - Class 3

26/02/2009 - Class 2B

18/03/2009 - Yamaha TZM 150 ( FT 95**R )

04/08/2011 - Class 2A

19/08/2011 - Honda Cb400SF Revo ( FBF 5**J )

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/thatguyhaikal/294889_306525876030156_100000182383201_1471277_682172925_n-1-2.jpg

Hi Ahpek thanks for the reply! Yes I did check, I open the tank, checked the hose: air in-take for my carb and fuel hose no problems. I guess its a fuel kock??

Could be the fuel kock internal diaphragm gone bad..but may not. To test this..pull out your fuel tube away from the fuel kock and se if fuel leaks out..if it does..dat mean ur fuel kock is koyal liao and have to replace.

Initially I was referring to the fuel hose to your fuel kock..make sure that its not pleated or cut and should fit fully in into your fuel kock outlet nozzle.

Guys, i wanna buy the acerbis shroud to fix on my revo, where to get em? in black n original. chong aik only has white...

Look is one think and if its good..Honda would have fairing up the bike for design looks. Think again..your bike will run much hotter because of trapped heat around the engine block. My advise is don't..then again, decision is urs.

Look is one think and if its good..Honda would have fairing up the bike for design looks. Think again..your bike will run much hotter because of trapped heat around the engine block. My advise is don't..then again, decision is urs.

Hmm what I tried yesterday was, the hose all fits okay. Just went I start engine, something like a metal piece from the left right on top the fuel tank starts pouring out fuel.

Well I can't do much now as I've already tow my bike to new southern for their "3 months" warranty. Just bought it like... 2 weeks ago..? I'm just afraid they taking stuff out from my bike..

bike cant start again -.-

after work i ride to have dinner after dinner cannot start ,

its 10mins walk back to my place , so i went back to take tools and remove my cdi

before removing the cdi i tested the bike wont start, but after removing and cleaning the pins with a sand paper, the engine fire up (10mins)........

so i guess it might be the wires or the connector going bad, or cdi pin rusty or cdi going bad ?? -.-

its been 3weeks since the last time my bike couldnt start, will test pull around the cables next time when my bike wont start again >.

Edited by zelda1031

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

bike cant start again -.-

after work i ride to have dinner after dinner cannot start ,

its 10mins walk back to my place , so i went back to take tools and remove my cdi

before removing the cdi i tested the bike wont start, but after removing and cleaning the pins with a sand paper, the engine fire up (10mins)........

so i guess it might be the wires or the connector going bad, or cdi pin rusty or cdi going bad ?? -.-

its been 3weeks since the last time my bike couldnt start, will test pull around the cables next time when my bike wont start again >.

Hey Yo what is cdi mean haha

honda sp>honda phantom> honda cb400>yamaha R15 > i want a honda CBR!!!

when i ride big bike, i feel like riding a small bike, when i ride small bike, i feel like riding a big bike OMG how...

Hey can I ask is it fine that my handle bar is shaking ? I think is due to using of the handle bar to reverse often zzz

when i ride big bike, i feel like riding a small bike, when i ride small bike, i feel like riding a big bike OMG how...

Hey all, does anyone know where can I get spec 3 tailboard conversion on spec 1?

and I heard that spec 3 tail on spec 1 will not pass inspection, is that true?

Thanks alot in advance!

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Suzuki Best 110 - June '10 - Oct '10

Phantom TA200 - Oct '10 - Sept '11

CB400 Vtec Spec I - Sept '11 - Oct '15

Phantom TA200 - Oct '15 - ???

Spec 3 tailboard average $200.

Unique motors package $199

And $245(if im not wrong with intrgrated light).

Ah boy u can get around $180( price may go up or down). But for ur platr num, they will cut here and there to mod cos cant use ver s old mudguard.. Get a new one about $40 better looking with lights or plate num too..

Thanks for the infor haha

Btw at unique motor package, er isit mean it come with other thing

Credit:speedaddict

Hey all, does anyone know where can I get spec 3 tailboard conversion on spec 1?

and I heard that spec 3 tail on spec 1 will not pass inspection, is that true?

Thanks alot in advance!

not true. cuz mine's a spec 1 with spec 3 tail. passed inspection 2 months ago. i believe so long u have all d necessary stuffs ie: correct size signal lights, plate no at correct display angle, chain guard, mudguard etc.. d bike shld b able to clear inspection.

Apr 2006 - Oct 2009: Yamaha RXZ 135 (FS 3*** E)

Oct 2009 - CURRENT: CB400 Spec 1 (FT 7*** J)