SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

Recommended Servicing Intervals

Note: Figures shown are estimated only and may vary.

- Check Tyre Pressure: 1 week

- Check Tyre condition: 1 week (can be done together with checking tyre pressure)

- Check Coolant level: 1 month

- Check Brake pads: 1 month

- Check clutch cable: 1 month

- Replace Engine Oil (Full Synthetic): 5,000KM

- Replace Oil Filter: 10,000KM

- Replace Spark Plugs: 20,000KM

- Replace OEM Air Filter: 20,000KM

- Replace Coolant: 1 year

- Replace Radiator Cap: 1 year

- Replace Rectifier: 2 years

- Replace Battery: 2 years

- Replace Magnetic Coil: 2 years

- Replace Clutch Plates: 50,000KM

- Service Carburetor: 50,000KM (figure varies depending on riding conditions, fuel used)

- Service KNN/BMC/high flow Air filter: 20,000KM

- Service Fork: 2 years

- Service Shock: 4 years

it is a sticky thread..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i changed my valve to those "L" shape type. makes pumping tires so much easier. and no need to fear burning urself with the exhaust when u reach in to pump.

Hi dude, where did u do the switch n how much?

Quite troublesome right? to change the value inlet, did ur mech take out ur rear tyre?

Hmm, never been to Caltex. I'll try to recce around nevertheless. Thanks for the info!

How much does it cost to change to these?

Hi dude, where did u do the switch n how much?

Quite troublesome right? to change the value inlet, did ur mech take out ur rear tyre?

confirm need to remove tyre from bike. i replaced mine at HKL when replacing tyres... cost 5bucks a piece...

AMKS4 Riders, Gathering S4 Riders of our Tomato Land

- My current ride, Honda CB 400 Super 4 Hyper VTEC. More pictures @ friendster.com/s4vtec -

http://photos-566.friendster.com/e1/photos/66/56/31526566/1_265855588l.jpg

- Feel free to contact Thomas aka s4vtec @ 969-11-787 should you have any questions about your S4. -

any one know where to get gd n cheap front disk brake for super 4 vec3..?

LAB replacement for good one is 18dollar per side (front) - 36 dollars per pair (front). They provided me the choice of both 15 dollar and 18 dollar then, and strongly recommended me to change it with a better one, that is 36 dollars per pair one.

:cool:

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transportation-riders/0016.gif http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transportation-riders/0077.gif

[Q] i very long nv drag my spec 3. jus now when i drag till 13k rpm it backfire loudly and like sudden lose of power for 1 sec.

im using stock exhaust and its the 1st time i ride until backfire, and very loud.

is it normal?

Excessive fuel probably escapes in the headers. If it's just one time, i would take it as normal. But for that sudden lost in power, u drag to 13k rpm, it already rev cut, not?

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

[Q] Hi guys, I just bought a battery from LAB its yuasa ftx9-bs 12v....izit suitable for S4 spec1 ?? I manage to use it to start the bike but i don't seem to fit the battery compartment....any1 can enlighten me..

Is the battery number the same as your old batt? If not, get it change at LAB.

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

can any1 tell mi probably wat can be the problem if my fan very fast on. just flushed my coolant and only abt half hour ride, half of the ride is on highway, den it will on le. what could be the problem? any1 got any clue?

When you stop and the engine is hot, fan will on lah. Highway time probably won't on but how could one see if it is on or off on the highway. If it on, better than it won't on. :D

How time flies...

for mi i can see on my voltmeter its dropping by alot. generally u can see from certain angle if u are not sitting on the bike its right behind the radiator. if u sitting on the bike, just put ur hand near behind the radiator when staionary u will be able to feel fan blowing.

highway time is not on coz when just exit highway and stopped, its not on, but mayb 2 more red lights will on le. whole journey mayb only 20-30mins. thought vtec's fan should not on so fast 1?

When it need to on, it will on lah... Some S4 even have a switch to make it permanently on for better cooling but of coz your fan will kaput faster lah.

How time flies...

How do you guys see if the fan is on or off?

I oso don't know. For me, as long as the bike got no temp light on can liao. :cheeky:

How time flies...

Hi guys, there's something weird about my bike.

Whenever I rode for some time and switch off the engine for say 15 minutes, it gets quite difficult to start again. The cranking sounds weaker after few attempts.

Ironically, it starts up easily every morning with just 1 push of the starter. Anyone knows why is that so?

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd13/eedwinn89/IMG_4518-1-1.jpg

Q : when i warm up my bike, one of the headers do not get warmed up at all. the 2nd header from the right..

it is only after i ride for a few km, or sometimes need to open vtec then that particular (or all) headers will be hot..

the other time , when i change spark plugs, one of the spark plugs are wet, not water but kinda oily substance..

so could that 'wet' spark plug be the cause of the unwarmed header?.

well it's not that the headers warmth that is important, but, my idiling is nonsense..

i need to rev it like 1 - 2 k to get it warm up, and it's running on 3 spark plugs i suppose since one of the header never gets warm during cold start..

will there be any harm on riding on 3 spark plugs btw?.

For every 7 pounds you lose, you gain one horsepower.