SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archive] DRZ SM 2005-2010

Guest rookie517

Originally posted by karmatrix@Jul 14 2005, 12:20 PM

remember to change to ti-valve springs if you intend to upgrade the CDI...and a set of hotcams for intake and exhaust will be sweet...

talking about gear ratios...can i know wat DRZ400SM is running? wat's the cruising speed at the expressway? i intend to change to a 14/42 combination when i get my motard wheels but im afraid that i'll lose too much low end...

ps: yesterday, my sprocket nut came loose!! engine oil leaking out like nobody business...ah biao help me tighten the nut liao but i read from TT that need to apply some kind of sealant called 'lock-tite' anybody heard or done this b4? pls advise...thks :confused:

i think the lock-tite is like some silicone sealant to prevent the nutfrom coming loose again, you ever came across some nuts that have erm... like rubber layer in the inside that is quite difficult to take out? it should be the same concept...just ask ah biao lor... he should be able to give a very good answer.. and don't forget, tempt him to buy a super motard... :lol:

by the way, i have a burning question that need input... ok when you read mags or catalogue about aftermarket exhaust, they always show a powerbend graph... my math is screwed up lar.. so i don't really understand much except that they always show the stock vs. their product, the gain is either quite minimal or subsequently pretty much. due to this, how does one choose the best pipe for their riding style and their bike? so far i've been eyeing pipes with straighter header only... other than that... i only know that Yoshi always run inconjuction to do R&D for DRZ so maybe their product works better or a DRZ as compared to FMF, PC, White Brothers etc etc... and anyway, anyone in sg bring in White Brothers pipe?

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by karmatrix+Jul 14 2005, 12:20 PM-->
QUOTE (karmatrix @ Jul 14 2005, 12:20 PM)
remember to change to ti-valve springs if you intend to upgrade the CDI...and a set of hotcams for intake and exhaust will be sweet...[/b]

Yes you should. When rev reaches over the designated 10k for S/SM or 10.5k for E, the valve springs will not be able to take the higher rpm and timing (slight advance). Gotta replace both the valve springs and retainers. Aftermarket choices are Kibblewhite or Blackdiamond valve springs. Both of which comes with titanium retainers.

Cams will not affect your valves if anyone is worried. So changed them today! :D

Originally posted by bugo+Jul 14 2005, 02:06 PM-->
QUOTE (bugo @ Jul 14 2005, 02:06 PM)
by the way, i have a burning question that need input... ok when you read mags or catalogue about aftermarket exhaust, they always show a powerbend graph... my math is screwed up lar.. so i don't really understand much except that they always show the stock vs. their product, the gain is either quite minimal or subsequently pretty much. due to this, how does one choose the best pipe for their riding style and their bike?[/b]

Don't know how to read the graphs. You might have to wait for a reply from Ah Wang or Alan (hardrider) abt this. Heard this from long ago that longer pipes lets you drag gears longer, shorter pipes give better snap but of course you lose out on the top end.

Guest ah_sing

hi new to sm ...

like to check if there is and 600cc> SM bike by suzuki around?

that can tour at the same time?

or even take part in th esm race?

Farid mentioned this b4

bro..hehe dats rite...actually common prob if dat area did not get cleaned dur to wear and rusts.A gd practice is to squirt a bit of WD 40 in dat area as a precaution..especially if u tend to go offrd...:cheer: Cos alot of debris get logged it and it wears the seal eventually.Common but not dat often.nid to change seals spacer,etc..do a search at TT bro..dun worry..it was identify b4..:smile:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/nebulaz/KTM-Pink-1.jpg

HUA Hua hua....WADEVER..AR you STOOPID OR WAD? HUA hua hua version 2.....

i lighten mine wif full titainium bolt. gives a trick look too..! i'm also using full yoshimura Ti-pipe..

difference is awsome manz!(floats everytime the gear is change) it does help in the power to weight ratio.

Originally posted by still1@Jul 14 2005, 11:16 PM

i lighten mine wif full titainium bolt. gives a trick look too..! i'm also using full yoshimura Ti-pipe..

difference is awsome manz!(floats everytime the gear is change) it does help in the power to weight ratio.

still1 is Kevin? Or 2222? :D

Originally posted by karmatrix@Jul 14 2005, 12:20 PM

remember to change to ti-valve springs if you intend to upgrade the CDI...and a set of hotcams for intake and exhaust will be sweet...

talking about gear ratios...can i know wat DRZ400SM is running? wat's the cruising speed at the expressway? i intend to change to a 14/42 combination when i get my motard wheels but im afraid that i'll lose too much low end...

ps: yesterday, my sprocket nut came loose!! engine oil leaking out like nobody business...ah biao help me tighten the nut liao but i read from TT that need to apply some kind of sealant called 'lock-tite' anybody heard or done this b4? pls advise...thks :confused:

Hi Karmatrix,

U can get locktite from Hardware Stores like DIY Store. :) It's like liquid bonding Super glue that keeps your scrrews from getting loose and fall out. U can apply on the threads of the screw then screw in.....The Harley riders uses them. The vibration... hehehe... This is excellent sh*t.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/products/de...bid=48&plid=154

:smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/FazeGabes/MISC/R1200GSASignature.jpg

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel:

Originally posted by R.C.@Jul 14 2005, 02:02 PM

Those are excellent pipes for SM! Another Italian pipe that's bloody LONG! :thumb:

O yes.... beautiful finishing too.... The pipes nice.

I saw it first hand and I was very attracted by the finishing quality. :thumb:

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel:

GSGabes> thks for the info, glad to know that this sealant is easy to get in singapore...

farid> you got locktite your nut? dunno want to do it or not..haiz..anyway, read on TT that even if the enigne is saved..the transmission most likely will be affected...one more thing for DRZ's owner to take note..dun become like me, now gear shifts feels kinda shitty.. :giddy:

Originally posted by ah_sing@Jul 14 2005, 10:27 PM

hi new to sm ...

like to check if there is and 600cc> SM bike by suzuki around?

that can tour at the same time?

or even take part in th esm race?

from my knowledge, i've yet to heard of suzuki coming out with any 600cc and above SM... DRZ400SM is their new venture into the sm market for suzuki... KTM is one of the "big brothers" in SM they have better and longer history of doing SM bikes but then, they are race machines, not really street legal. currently i think sg only got honda 650 FMX as a 650cc road legal SM bike. however it only produce 37HP as compared to DRZ400SM, it's a bit unjustifiable for a 650cc since DRZ400SM can produce 35HP fully stock. maybe you can look for a Dr650 and mod it into a super motard. results wise.. i don't know... need to ask the suzuki gurus!

it shan't be a prob to tour with this bike... and yes it does races in ama supermoto with Travis pastranas as the rider. :D

karmatrix> thanks for the warning.. time to loctite your sprocket nuts everyone!

Originally posted by R.C.@Jul 14 2005, 11:54 PM

still1 is Kevin? Or 2222? :D

tink 2222 ?

:cheeky:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

Originally posted by bugo@Jul 15 2005, 12:32 AM

maybe you can look for a Dr650 and mod it into a super motard. results wise.. i don't know... need to ask the suzuki gurus!

There is a SM racer on a DR650. :thumb:

farid> you got locktite your nut?

alamak...dis sound abit fishy..:cheeky: u meant me or my bike?? hehee

I think get the seals and spacers replaced 1st to stop the leak..its gd to lock tite ur sprocket splines...I haven do it..and so far it holds..we'll see..got chance me locktite also hehe..just worry of taking it out later bros...relax manz..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/nebulaz/KTM-Pink-1.jpg

HUA Hua hua....WADEVER..AR you STOOPID OR WAD? HUA hua hua version 2.....

The power increase might seem rather marginal on paper but it could actually FEEL higher on the bike. Also , most dyno graphs are based on a stock engine. This is probably proof that just an exhaust system alone is not going to give significant power gains. I once tried whacking a DRZ with a full Yosh. It definitely pulled harder. I couldn't try anything else because it was too damned loud and ididn't want to get in trouble hehehe

As Rick said, longer mufflers generally improve top end while shorter ones improve low end. Shorter mufflers are also louder. Notice the trend of the street legal mufflers and their length? That's just one of the ways to keep the noise down.

still1 = 2222 = Errol of Speedzone :thumb:

ladies and gentlemen, let me remind you guys that the slip on might not do much for the power gain but it does more on the sound factor. in order to unleash the dar side of your engine and your mods, you need a full system... but a slip on is a good start as well... remember to hunt for a straight header as well! this is my opinion though...

Originally posted by bugo@Jul 15 2005, 01:12 PM

ladies and gentlement, let me remind you guys that the slip on might not do much for the power gain but it does more on the sound factor. in order to unleash the dar side of your engine and your mods, you need a full system... but a slip on is a good start as well... remember to hunt for a straight header as well! this is my opinion though...

My guess is that the original headers has the cataylic Converter which is the main restriction thus no significant power gain over the power band. Anyone to confirm this? :smile:

well....maybe it's too small to start with for the drz sm header to start with.

the catalytic converter is handle by the PAIR system, no?

so,for curiosity sake, how much for the Leo Vince exhaust?

http://www.metalmulisha.com/images/home/logo.gif

http://sigx.yuriy.net/images/sgx1/xgasgasx.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/foxracing/Avatars/05drz400sm.gif

Revenge is a dish best served cold

just that the stock header have this "droop-a-loop" that requires the fumes to go through a downward drop then and upward pushing to the mid pipe and then all the way upward through the end can and out. in this process, it will go through the spark arrestor and probably diffuser at the end can.

Originally posted by kex@Jul 15 2005, 05:13 PM

was quoted ard Euro 260 excluding shipping for the Leo Vince X3 pipe end can only..

Same price as a Yoshimura SS slipon w/o shipping.

Ryan > You might not want to have such an open discussion on how to beat the system regarding exhaust headers/pipes etc. Might give get all DRZs marked by the "you know who" group in white.