SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archive] DRZ SM 2005-2010

Guest rookie517

Originally posted by hardrider@Jul 22 2005, 07:08 AM

Nice and shiny! Ryan! What you waiting for???

i waiting for quek leng beng to be my god father....

actually the straight header is just a discussion thing i had with rick... never talked to ah biao about it... so it's just an "open concept." you know... mad scientist at work kinda stuff. but if you piece the information around together what ah biao and psychocandy has mentioned does makes sense... it's agreeable the droop allows you to drag your gear longer. as for why and how i don't know... someone please enlighten. i'm making this statement because of the rational behind LONG and LONG end can allows dragging of gear.

as for the whole concept of straight header, the idea is to let the exhaust fumes exit faster. so we need experts like nicholas, to go find a sexy physics teacher and kao her, ask her to give us the explanation between whether droop is suitable or straight is better for SM.

lastly, with the observation of psychocandy's comment that straight is for SX and droop is for MX, correct me if i'm worng... SX you might need the "snap and low end power" whereas MX you need to drag the RPM to higher heights so maybe that's the case. does that means when riding MX Torque and top speed is the key factor? and SX is more of short burst and acceleration?

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Papadum@Jul 22 2005, 08:12 AM

So the PAIR system is the culprit that causes the backfiring. Anyways i kinda like it. Sounds like a mini harley to me. :lovestruck:

besides backfiring, the PAIR is also a hinderance if you wanna put on aftermarket exhaust as some header are really fat... you know... fat like fat lar... then this PAIR is obstructing... ladies and gentlemen, the picture shown is a process like circumcision for your bike... once done, cannot be undone. well maybe you can sew the foreskin back.. but the process is equally painful and tedious so consider carefully... if you're the kind that believes in OEM is the BEST, keep it there. and do wash the membrane regularly. if not... just take it out lor.... it's useless.

rick> i think i never post the picture before.. i only link them to TT! heh oh no... i'm trying to quit TT argh.... damn i'm gonna visit there again!

Originally posted by bugo@Jul 22 2005, 08:41 AM

lastly, with the observation of psychocandy's comment that straight is for SX and droop is for MX, correct me if i'm worng... SX you might need the "snap and low end power" whereas MX you need to drag the RPM to higher heights so maybe that's the case. does that means when riding MX Torque and top speed is the key factor? and SX is more of short burst and acceleration?

hmmm... if you wan fast and correct answer i guess you can pump the question on TT forum. someone will give you the most accurate answer within a day!! cos most of them have try everything they can get their hands on for their bikes.

I reckon the header diameter is also very imortant.

To me, having a small diameter so called straight header is probably worse off than an oversize drop header. Just my opinion of course.

Originally posted by bugo@Jul 22 2005, 08:45 AM

besides backfiring, the PAIR is also a hinderance if you wanna put on aftermarket exhaust as some header are really fat... you know... fat like fat lar... then this PAIR is obstructing... ladies and gentlemen, the picture shown is a process like circumcision for your bike... once done, cannot be undone. well maybe you can sew the foreskin back.. but the process is equally painful and tedious so consider carefully... if you're the kind that believes in OEM is the BEST, keep it there. and do wash the membrane regularly. if not... just take it out lor.... it's useless.

rick> i think i never post the picture before.. i only link them to TT! heh oh no... i'm trying to quit TT argh.... damn i'm gonna visit there again!

Hi bugo, thanks for the info provided. I guess i'll leave it uncircumsized for the time being till a set of road legal yoshimuras are available.

Have bike will wheelie!

http://fapomatic.com/1030/papadum_bw.jpg

Cyclone Cyclone~!!!...i hope these model from yoshimura will come to sg.....

ryan said the lobang too big can stuff one happy meal inside....keke

big is good~!!!!

http://www.metalmulisha.com/images/home/logo.gif

http://sigx.yuriy.net/images/sgx1/xgasgasx.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/foxracing/Avatars/05drz400sm.gif

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Originally posted by gasgasx@Jul 22 2005, 03:09 PM

big is good~!!!!

I bet the cyclones will look real wicked on our SM. Sweet! :thumb:

Have bike will wheelie!

Originally posted by gasgasx@Jul 22 2005, 03:09 PM

big is good~!!!!

that's only for the end can... we need to look at the header to see whether is it worth your bling bling... frankly speaking, i feel right now, with a nice slip on like the GPR or maybe find an akraprovic slip on, both being legal, will be quite sweet on the bike. it will definitely shave a lot of weight...

just wondering, does you guys always smell burning smell when you ride fast? mine always got burning smell... i hope it's not more stuff in my exhaust... it's like burning plastic smell.. or rubber...

Originally posted by bugo@Jul 22 2005, 03:48 PM

that's only for the end can... we need to look at the header to see whether is it worth your bling bling... frankly speaking, i feel right now, with a nice slip on like the GPR or maybe find an akraprovic slip on, both being legal, will be quite sweet on the bike. it will definitely shave a lot of weight...

just wondering, does you guys always smell burning smell when you ride fast? mine always got burning smell... i hope it's not more stuff in my exhaust... it's like burning plastic smell.. or rubber...

I have the same problem with the weird smell too. When temperature goes up when i'm stuck in traffic, the radiator emits a weird smell. Anyone knows when the fan by the radiator comes on?

Have bike will wheelie!

i went to Biketech 21 & took a closer look @ the sliders they are selling.

nice shape & gd price @ $58 per pair

shud be getting it soon, anyone?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

Originally posted by ronnyz@Jul 22 2005, 08:03 PM

I want to get too! Does 58 bucks include installation as well? Btw, where is biketech 21?:s11:

Have bike will wheelie!

Just curious... is S$58 a bit steep for the 1 pair of sliders? that means S$116 for front and rear and also sliders wasn't make of delrin. I saw the sliders from SME (1 set of front and rear) cost abt US$79.95 which is of better material and cost only like S$20+ more excluding freight.... :confused:

2004-2005 - Yamaha TW200;

2005-2007 - Suzuki DRZ400SM;

2007-20?? - Honda Airwave;

http://img185.echo.cx/img185/9140/05drzsmblack7ct.gif

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Does anyone happen to noe any girl riding DRZ? i saw one at orchard just now...DRZ400S...yellow color....white full face scram helmet.... :lovestruck:

Stop right in the middle of the pedestrian path during red light....:giddy:

2004-2005 - Yamaha TW200;

2005-2007 - Suzuki DRZ400SM;

2007-20?? - Honda Airwave;

http://img185.echo.cx/img185/9140/05drzsmblack7ct.gif

Originally posted by J.D.@Jul 22 2005, 09:13 PM

Just curious... is S$58 a bit steep for the 1 pair of sliders? that means S$116 for front and rear and also sliders wasn't make of delrin. I saw the sliders from SME (1 set of front and rear) cost abt US$79.95 which is of better material and cost only like S$20+ more excluding freight.... :confused:

tink is made of delrin, muz check the earlier posts made by edwin

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

Originally posted by Papadum@Jul 22 2005, 07:27 PM

I have the same problem with the weird smell too. When temperature goes up when i'm stuck in traffic, the radiator emits a weird smell. Anyone knows when the fan by the radiator comes on?

like metal burning?

ronnyz> no it's not made of delrin. it's some other plastics... eh... ronnieeee opps i mean ronnyz, how many times must you change your nick? you trying to hint next bike is YZ450F ar? convert to SM is it?

Tak> hmm.. USD on the rise leh.... support local shop lar... it's cheaper by say erm...50 bucks leh... anyway i saw someone put metal ones... also another black DRZ at my workplace... don't really know it's advisable or not... because metal like so hard, how to absorb shock?

ah not delrin ah?? is it from motovation guys?

i was thinking of a custom order design for my wrTARD.

i jus installed gpr street legal... i woudl say the power delivery is smooth and powerful...but just my opinion onli.

Originally posted by psychocandy@Jul 23 2005, 03:27 AM

ah not delrin ah?? is it from motovation guys?

i was thinking of a custom order design for my wrTARD.

i jus installed gpr street legal... i woudl say the power delivery is smooth and powerful...but just my opinion onli.

it should be quite smooth for the GPR, frankly speaking... actually it's quite a good slip on... i feel tha same way as you did as i held the thing and took a good look at it... not bad for a street legal slip on...

motorvation, i'm not sure.. buti t's from the Biketech21 dudes. you can pm edwin for more details

Just went for my first oil change earlier and the bike feels and sounds kinda different. Any of you have the same experience? I hope i'm not being paranoid. :giddy:

Have bike will wheelie!

Originally posted by sKy1iNE@Jul 24 2005, 12:48 AM

psychocandy is the bike with braking front brake system with off road wheels yrs?

saw e bike at fulin juz now.. fierce! :giddy:

i saw stainless steel(i think) at ideal jus now.. looks cool.. but cost ard $150 :weep:

Stainless steel what? GPR? $150?! :lol:

Originally posted by Papadum@Jul 23 2005, 05:49 PM

Just went for my first oil change earlier and the bike feels and sounds kinda different. Any of you have the same experience? I hope i'm not being paranoid. :giddy:

yes... it sounds rougher.... and feels like "oh whack me hard baby!"

rick> hmm... crash bobbins lar... you got pm....

Originally posted by bugo@Jul 24 2005, 01:10 AM

yes... it sounds rougher.... and feels like "oh whack me hard baby!"

rick> hmm... crash bobbins lar... you got pm....

Exactly! :slurp:

Have bike will wheelie!