SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archive] DRZ SM 2005-2010

Guest rookie517

Yo ppl..whose DRZ-S at side of SLE expressway near jalan kayu towards changi?just nearby the camp there..Looks karmatix bike laa..wif box , black plastic evrything..Hope the bike okay..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/nebulaz/KTM-Pink-1.jpg

HUA Hua hua....WADEVER..AR you STOOPID OR WAD? HUA hua hua version 2.....

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by R.C.@Sep 2 2005, 07:39 PM

Hotcams is the common choice due to pocket constraints. If you want the Yosh ones you'll need to buy the kit consisting of the CDI, valve springs, cams etc. Big money! :D

Does E & S use the same hotcams???

Originally posted by bugo@Sep 2 2005, 08:24 AM

your tyres finishing soon? will you be trying to norm, GPR70 or other stuff coming in such as continental? errol previously said he's bringing in motard specific wheels from continental maybe about $300++ and a free t-shirt :p

since we're at this, what's a good compound for daily road usage?

this might be the continental tyres

continental supermoto tyres

let's talk about cams... has anyone used the yoshimura billet cams or the white brothers one? seems like only hot cams is used... what's the difference between these 3 and why the choice of hot cams in sg?

Cams

The DRZ400S has different cams than the DRZ400E/Kick. The intake cam is the biggest difference.

For $150 you can purchase a new DRZ400E intake cam, and for $200 the exhaust cam. These cams will give you more power over the entire power band.

Another option is the White Brothers intake cam. It is a regrind of the DRZ400E/Kick cam. It will give you more power through a timing change. The White Brothers intake cam is $400 and they will give you back $125 if you mail in your intake cam, for a final price of $275.

Yoshimura makes a set of billet cams and an ignition module for the DRZ. Yoshimura designed the DRZ engine and they have put in the time and research to find out what works the best. This will set you back $700.

extracted from 4strokes.com.. so pricing may not be accurate

Originally posted by 10th Squad@Sep 2 2005, 11:17 PM

Rick. So the hotcams is same or diff...??? :confused:

The text that Seng posted from 4strokes are talking abt stock S cams VS stock E/K cams. Nothing abt Hotcams products in the entire paragraph.

Originally posted by R.C.@Sep 2 2005, 07:39 PM

Hotcams is the common choice due to pocket constraints. If you want the Yosh ones you'll need to buy the kit consisting of the CDI, valve springs, cams etc. Big money! :D

but the yoshi one.. the CDI is recently reported to be problematic righT?

Originally posted by gasgasx@Sep 2 2005, 09:17 PM

i wonder if the Continental Tyres is suitable for everyday road use.

imagine using it for a few months and you have to change it.

it should be.. motard tyres for track use is not exactly like that.. it's either totally slick or it has some kind of funny horizontal wedges on the rear wheels. that's what i saw

Originally posted by bugo@Sep 3 2005, 01:28 AM

That's the newer batches of CDIs that are obtainable without the complete Yoshimura Eliminator kit. Then again I think the problem has been resolved.

I don't think there was any problems with the older batches.

Originally posted by bugo@Sep 3 2005, 01:28 AM

Well there's always another choice of CDI for us... Vortex CDI :thumb:

The price of it is rather xpensive but can try getting it off the white bike...

For the 3 of you. You know who you are... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/foxracing/Avatars/klx.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/foxracing/Avatars/drz-seng.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/foxracing/Avatars/drz-finn2.gif

Originally posted by hardrider@Sep 3 2005, 02:03 AM

That's the newer batches of CDIs that are obtainable without the complete Yoshimura Eliminator kit. Then again I think the problem has been resolved.

I don't think there was any problems with the older batches.

Yeah those ProCom programmers ought to go thru mapping class one more time. :lol:

Originally posted by gasgasx@Sep 2 2005, 09:17 PM

i wonder if the Continental Tyres is suitable for everyday road use.

imagine using it for a few months and you have to change it.

So far the only person i know of that's using those is Yazi from Biketech21. He's got 3 sets of tires outta which 2 wore out pretty badly. He took his dunlops and maxxis out for a couple of track days and they're as bald as a beaver but his continental SMs are still good. We were talking abt tires the other day and he showed me the wear on the others and strongly recommended the continentals.

Well, don't take my word for it. Go check it or buy a pair when our dunlops run out. :goodluck:

Have bike will wheelie!

http://fapomatic.com/1030/papadum_bw.jpg