SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia Riders

ArchArrow

and dun let the 81kg mass affect ya.. im 80kg myself and i'm skinny..!

:) Yea bro. Same here. After posting I thought my comment re weight was probably silly since I've seen plenty of RSs with pillions on them - surely those RSs are lugging 90+kgs! Re warming up properly, I never start a ride until I get three bars on the coolant temp meter (although recently my bike is getting a little temperamental and is sometimes randomly changing the bars - e.g. three bars after a 4-5min warm up, take her out, make a U-turn, wide open throttle, bars drop to one, a minute later back to three bars - will get this checked ASAP).

No need to lose weight, quikslvr. The aim is eventually to get a more powerful bike. ;)

I think I'm overdue for a carb wash etc. That and better clutch control. I tried slope starts just now on the multistorey car park in my complex and managed to see some improvement with feathering my clutch in and out around the friction zone. Still feels and sounds very noob-y though. I'll try again after a service.

Cry 'Havoc'.....and let slip the dogs of war

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sub Zero

• lacrimosae

• eyz

• quikslvr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*Learn to master ur half clutch on a flat road.

*Learn to move as slow as u can n maintain dat speed by playing d brakes, clutch n throttle altogether.

Wan more?

Do d same on a slope up.

U can get d hang of it easily on an rs125.. Its handling is damn light compared to alot other bikes in d same class.

At d end of it ull actually b more confident of ur riding at higher speeds.

TZM RocKstAr

Aprilia RepsoL

im thinking of getting something off an ebay seller but hes located in UK and hes not willing to ship overseas, for what ever reason i dont know why. Anyone know a workaround to this? Im thinking of using vpost, but their shipping charges are exorbitant. anyone has done this before? any way i can get that item to sg?

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/mesab0ogie/162924_10150098222388659_776873658_7311881_1249924_n-1-3.jpghttp://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/mesab0ogie/184825_10150138083343659_776873658_7941714_3856564_n.jpg

im thinking of getting something off an ebay seller but hes located in UK and hes not willing to ship overseas,

That sucks. Have you tried looking for other eBay sellers or online sellers in general that stock the item and are willing to ship to Sg? I bought some rearsets from a UK eBay seller and he had no problem shipping to Sg (shipping cost was less than S$40).

VPost is an option I considered before but read one too many bad reviews of items not turning up for weeks on end, items being left outside the home without being signed for etc etc. Plus as you say the cost is exorbitant. But if you have no other choice....

Cry 'Havoc'.....and let slip the dogs of war

That sucks. Have you tried looking for other eBay sellers or online sellers in general that stock the item and are willing to ship to Sg? I bought some rearsets from a UK eBay seller and he had no problem shipping to Sg (shipping cost was less than S$40).

VPost is an option I considered before but read one too many bad reviews of items not turning up for weeks on end, items being left outside the home without being signed for etc etc. Plus as you say the cost is exorbitant. But if you have no other choice....

Sadly the item that i was bidding for is an uber rare aprilia sp shock. super hard to find and i managed to chance upon this. but sadly i think the item is sold alr, coz the listing has ended while i was exchanging questions about the shipping *sobs* dang. shud haf juz bid for the item and think abt shipping later.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/mesab0ogie/162924_10150098222388659_776873658_7311881_1249924_n-1-3.jpghttp://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/mesab0ogie/184825_10150138083343659_776873658_7941714_3856564_n.jpg

*Learn to master ur half clutch on a flat road.

*Learn to move as slow as u can n maintain dat speed by playing d brakes, clutch n throttle altogether.

Wan more?

Do d same on a slope up.

U can get d hang of it easily on an rs125.. Its handling is damn light compared to alot other bikes in d same class.

At d end of it ull actually b more confident of ur riding at higher speeds.

Hi, can i be your student, show me how to do the moves?

ALPHA MIKE FOXTROT

~ decode the message

Sadly the item that i was bidding for is an uber rare aprilia sp shock. super hard to find and i managed to chance upon this. but sadly i think the item is sold alr, coz the listing has ended while i was exchanging questions about the shipping *sobs* dang. shud haf juz bid for the item and think abt shipping later.

If the seller lists the shipping for UK Only, you will not be able to bid for it either.

I usually make an offer to sellers who are unwilling to ship overseas - about S$50-100 on top of the listed price and shipping 'for the additional effort'. For small but heavy items, shipping can cost S$60 via Royal Mail. I have posted things home from UK before. For larger bulk items, they need to worry about packing, which means more time and money spent on packing box, foam, etc.

Money talks. Remember, you are asking someone to go thru extra trouble to ship to u overseas. The very least u can do is pay a little extra for his trouble. I purchase a lot of 2nd hand parts from UK and so far I've managed to 'persuade' them to ship overseas even tho they listed their item as shipped within UK or US only.

Think about it. Pay an extra S$100 (total S$400) or buy brand new (S$1800)?

Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.

Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/lacrimosae/Aprilia/siggiecollage.jpg

Hope you get your Diammond Race before Xmas! They are really good - they look good, work great, and even have the stock geometry as one of their default height settings. I've got one set on the Y2K bike and a Gilles rearset on my Replica, and honestly I have more peace of mind when I am riding the bike with the Diamond Race. Cheaper replacement parts mean lower cost of repairs after an accident... :p

I tried Vpost 4 times before, very bad service. They have lost my packages twice, ON TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS WITH 2 DIFFERENT PURCHASES, and no refunds. Complained endlessly but no recourse. Think carefully before using Vpost. Can you really afford to lose your items, or write them off? If you are willing to take that risk, by all means, use Vpost. Otherwise, try to look around for other freight forwarding services. I won't mention who but there are others available.

wanna have an outing this sun?

I just came back this morning, but will be out of town again from Sat to Monday. Can we meet up on Tue instead?

hey aprilians! need some advice here. just bought a second hand '09 rs 125 a few weeks ago. bike only 7 mths old. millage is ald arnd 8+k. i've not gone for a full service yet though. i'm planning to do so. u guys care to share on where should i send the shop to and wat should be done. maybe can recommend the shops tt u guys send ur bikes to. i've dl and read the service manual but i'm still not quite sure of wat to do. my first ever bike so i very noob la. haha. so far all i did was just to tighten my chain, lube chain and pump tire. haha. so pls advise. thanks guys! and one more thing. the other day i had a hard time starting my bike. the starter motor turned but cant seem to start the bike. tried the choke but still cant start. after a few times den can start but not after i released my starter button. it'll die off again wen i release. so dis time i tried to put a little trottle (dunno if i should've done that) while starting. in the end i did start and wen it did, the whole area was covered with smoke. care to advise me on tt anyone? i really2 dunno if its normal or even the right thing to do. thanks again in advance guys.

Edited by Red0609

hey aprilians! need some advice here. just bought a second hand '09 rs 125 a few weeks ago. bike only 7 mths old. millage is ald arnd 8+k. i've not gone for a full service yet though. i'm planning to do so. u guys care to share on where should i send the shop to and wat should be done. maybe can recommend the shops tt u guys send ur bikes to. i've dl and read the service manual but i'm still not quite sure of wat to do. my first ever bike so i very noob la. haha. so far all i did was just to tighten my chain, lube chain and pump tire. haha. so pls advise. thanks guys! and one more thing. the other day i had a hard time starting my bike. the starter motor turned but cant seem to start the bike. tried the choke but still cant start. after a few times den can start but not after i released my starter button. it'll die off again wen i release. so dis time i tried to put a little trottle (dunno if i should've done that) while starting. in the end i did start and wen it did, the whole area was covered with smoke. care to advise me on tt anyone? i really2 dunno if its normal or even the right thing to do. thanks again in advance guys.

Wow, that's absolutely terrible, noob. Sounds like you bought a lemon.

My 2nd hand 4 year old RS126 starts on 1 single crank of the starter motor, emits no smoke, and doesn't require the choke nor throttle to start. Hope you didn't pay more than $1k for it.

Mine was in showroom condition and didn't cost more than $2k.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

tts definately not a gd sign. it usually starts with a single crank though. but it didnt tt particular time of the day. after i rode the bike to another place and off the bike, i started it easily and was fine even after a few hrs. could it be rain? cos i didnt cover it. started it just now and it was fine too.

tts definately not a gd sign. it usually starts with a single crank though. but it didnt tt particular time of the day. after i rode the bike to another place and off the bike, i started it easily and was fine even after a few hrs. could it be rain? cos i didnt cover it. started it just now and it was fine too.

Is there a heavy rain or did you wash your bike before that?

TP passed: 3/3/11

Aprilia Tuono 125: 11/12/10 - 1/10/11

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6537/20110720195411155null.jpg

Wow, that's absolutely terrible, noob. Sounds like you bought a lemon.

My 2nd hand 4 year old RS126 starts on 1 single crank of the starter motor, emits no smoke, and doesn't require the choke nor throttle to start. Hope you didn't pay more than $1k for it.

Mine was in showroom condition and didn't cost more than $2k.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

where did u get rs126? i want one too! hehehe

Selling Aprilia Front, Rear Brakes & Dellorto 34mm Carb !

Selling Aprilia Parts!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/304715-WTS-Aprilia-Front-amp-Rear-Brakes-Full-Set-amp-Dellorto-34mm-Carb!

PM me for more info! :cheeky:

it could probably be due to the rain. water might have seeped into the starter motor. once it is dry, it will be back to normal.

Selling Aprilia Front, Rear Brakes & Dellorto 34mm Carb !

Selling Aprilia Parts!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/304715-WTS-Aprilia-Front-amp-Rear-Brakes-Full-Set-amp-Dellorto-34mm-Carb!

PM me for more info! :cheeky:

i didnt wash. but heavy rain i guess. i need to cover up my bike den. i'll try tt first. if the problem persist den i'll know i've got problem. haha. neway guys, any idea of wat i should do or tell the mech for my servicing? any recommended places tt u guys found tts gd for servicing rs 125?