SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia Riders

ArchArrow

Great info and feedback vyruz good guidelines to the prices for common maintenance costs as well!

When the winds resist my impetus and sights become passing shadows. Every other sound is voided, all but the undeniable roar of my engine.

My physical vision recepts naught, but my mind is tranquil.

I see my inner soul.

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sub Zero

• lacrimosae

• eyz

• quikslvr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys where is this 37 motoring? I have to fix my bike as there is totally no power at all and the rpm jams.

Vyruz posted a hand drawn map recently, look a few posts back and you'll find it

When the winds resist my impetus and sights become passing shadows. Every other sound is voided, all but the undeniable roar of my engine.

I see my inner soul.

Double Post

Edited by dDtim

I see my inner soul.

Great info and feedback vyruz good guidelines to the prices for common maintenance costs as well!

Thanks bro. I've consumed so much info from here, so am happy to be able to contribute where I can!

Cry 'Havoc'.....and let slip the dogs of war

vyruz, thanks for your photo and feedback. Now make me more wanna to do up my bike. Where and how much you get the rearset? You getting the arrow exhaust too? If we buy together, will they give a little discount?

Rearset purchased from eBay advertisement of the supplier (Diamond Race). Total including delivery was $390. Installation was probably $35. I cannot say for sure as I was charged $50 for installation plus some minor fix-ups I wanted done.

I'm not sure about the Arrow yet. I was hoping for some feedback from current Arrow users and from the experienced guys who'll know more about the pros and cons of it. A group discount is possible - I haven't asked Biketech about it yet though.

37 Motoring & Ah Seng: Definitely lived up to all expectations. Bike runs like a dream now. He moved the clutch biting point further out, and this alone changes how I interface the bike. Previously the biting point was real close to the bar, which I felt was a little trickier to control but never bothered to change it. Rearsets installed perfectly. Ah Seng initially set it up with the GP shift pattern, but changed it to standard shift pattern when I said I didn't want GP shift for now (not at all his fault because I didn't specify the pattern I wanted when I dropped the bike off). Everything on my checklist done as instructed, so I'm very pleased. I was, however, scared shttless when I reached for the front brake in the downpour and got less than 30% of normal braking power. Could be the recently-bled brakes or grease on the disc or just the PITA rain, but it worked fine after the rain died down a little. A good reminder to always tap the brakes in the rain in advance of needing to use them.

Update: After having spent some time cleaning my bike post-service, I thought I'd post an update to my review above. While I think 37 Motoring did a good job overall, I have to say I wish they were a little more careful with my bike. I can forgive the dusty, greasy state she was in when I picked her up - I guess that is part and parcel of leaving your bike in a garage in Singapore. What I cannot forgive so much are permanent marks left from what looks like a slightly rushed job. For instance, the area around the screws that were removed to remove the pillion pegs (the black plastic bit under the pillion seat) are gouged, mostly likely from a screwdriver slipping off while the screw was being screwed back in. The frame around the bolts of the rearsets has three tiny gouges, I suppose from a tool hitting the frame when the bolts were being undone. There is also a stubborn white residue on the plastic bit bridging the right fairing and frame. These things are certainly not deal brakers, but they do slightly disappoint.

Hey guys

Got my bike back on Thursday (thanks xxes123 for the heads-up). Haven't had a chance to have a spirited ride yet. The ride home from 37 Motoring was terrible as it rained cats and dogs all the way. But here are my thoughts from the 20 minute seat time I've had so far. Pictures below too.

37 Motoring & Ah Seng: Definitely lived up to all expectations. Bike runs like a dream now. He moved the clutch biting point further out, and this alone changes how I interface the bike. Previously the biting point was real close to the bar, which I felt was a little trickier to control but never bothered to change it. Rearsets installed perfectly. Ah Seng initially set it up with the GP shift pattern, but changed it to standard shift pattern when I said I didn't want GP shift for now (not at all his fault because I didn't specify the pattern I wanted when I dropped the bike off). Everything on my checklist done as instructed, so I'm very pleased. I was, however, scared shttless when I reached for the front brake in the downpour and got less than 30% of normal braking power. Could be the recently-bled brakes or grease on the disc or just the PITA rain, but it worked fine after the rain died down a little. A good reminder to always tap the brakes in the rain in advance of needing to use them.

Diamond Race rearset: OMG. These things are FTMFW. The pivot on the gear shift has its own bearing, so the motion is just so slick (to quote Jeremy Clarkson, like smearing honey into Keira Knightley!). It's so smooth and effortless that I'm doubting whether I made an upshift at all at times and end up double upshifting! Won't be long to get used to them. The pegs are solid (i.e. they don't fold) and grippy as hell. I've set the pegs at their highest setting and one setting back. Love the new riding position. When the balls of my feet are on the pegs, my inner thighs fully overlap the Stomp grip I've positioned just under the tank, so I now feel even more attached to the bike. Better knee grip = less weight on arms/wrist = not too tight on the bars.

Cost Breakdown:

Wash valve, carb and tune - $45

Flush coolant - $25

Bleed brakes - $16

Install rearsets, remove pillion pegs, attach loose fairing - $50

Rear brake pressure switch (mine was dead) - $48

Rubber roller for chain tensioner (mine was worn as hell) - $25

TOTAL: $209

After the great service at 37 Motoring and my new-found confidence in having a great mechanic to turn to, I'm now thinking of changing the exhaust. I used to like Gianelli only because I wasn't into the GP-look of the Kevlar Arrow, but Arrow's now got the titanium full set which looks close to stock, which I prefer. Biketech sells registered/street-legal ones ($650) and 37 Motoring can install it for around $50. I've read from Sub Zero's and lacrimosae's old posts that I'll need to get re-jetting done and get the woodruff key to advance the ignition timing, and will ensure this is done if I proceed.

I would gratefully receive thoughts from the honourable experts and those of you who have done their exhaust. Main questions in my mind are:

1. Will removal of the restrictive exhaust make the bike any less reliable?

2. Will the exhaust sacrifice low-end power for more top-end?

3. Will the mild-steel expansion chamber rust even if it is painted with high-temp paint? I'm hoping Ah Seng can do the high-temp paint as part of the installation.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]189568[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]189569[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]189566[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]189567[/ATTACH]

hmmm...u missed out R&G Racing frame sliders :p

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/Sepangmotogp.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/aprilia1st.jpg

Personified Motosports..Dealer for R&G Racing Products

Call 97978686

Visit Personified Motosports Facebook for More Motorcycle Madness

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001193148916

hmmm...u missed out R&G Racing frame sliders

I thought you were going to let me know when you had stock, bro. ;)

In any case, after some consideration, I think I'm going to pass on the frame sliders. I will, however, take the swingarm, fork and bar-end sliders shortly. The previous owner had a minor crash and grazed the swingarm a little, so I know it's vulnerable. Btw, does R&G do paddock stand bobbins for the RS125? I didn't see any on their website, but they had paddock hooks for the RS125, which are meant for use with the paddock bobbins, so surely they must do paddock stand bobbins as well?

Hope your new RS125 is treating you well!

I thought you were going to let me know when you had stock, bro. ;)

In any case, after some consideration, I think I'm going to pass on the frame sliders. I will, however, take the swingarm, fork and bar-end sliders shortly. The previous owner had a minor crash and grazed the swingarm a little, so I know it's vulnerable. Btw, does R&G do paddock stand bobbins for the RS125? I didn't see any on their website, but they had paddock hooks for the RS125, which are meant for use with the paddock bobbins, so surely they must do paddock stand bobbins as well?

Hope your new RS125 is treating you well!

oh really ah? :p

i have in stock the front fork n swingarm protectors for 07 onwards

bobbins i have ..its universal either 6 or 8mm only..what colour u looking at? andonised red is nice...nad blends perfectly

barends need order... yours is the 08 model?

i be putting up another order in 2 days time so can put this in..how?

call me bro

p.s my new RS is awesome...but im trying to get more top end..hoping to get a 190km tops but on track la

Edited by personified

Call 97978686

Update: After having spent some time cleaning my bike post-service, I thought I'd post an update to my review above. While I think 37 Motoring did a good job overall, I have to say I wish they were a little more careful with my bike. I can forgive the dusty, greasy state she was in when I picked her up - I guess that is part and parcel of leaving your bike in a garage in Singapore. What I cannot forgive so much are permanent marks left from what looks like a slightly rushed job. For instance, the area around the screws that were removed to remove the pillion pegs (the black plastic bit under the pillion seat) are gouged, mostly likely from a screwdriver slipping off while the screw was being screwed back in. The frame around the bolts of the rearsets has three tiny gouges, I suppose from a tool hitting the frame when the bolts were being undone. There is also a stubborn white residue on the plastic bit bridging the right fairing and frame. These things are certainly not deal brakers, but they do slightly disappoint.

Really appreciate the honest and unbiased review you've put up dude. Just 1 or 2 things.

Your braking power will always be less in rain depending on the pads you use. Also I'd recommend you highlight your feedback to Ah Seng. Constructive feedback should always be valued by bike shops. And he'd be more careful with your bike next time. I hope he can help you in removing that white residue you mentioned. Cant imagine what can it be!

I'm not sure if there's any significant power difference between the Arrow and Gianelli but looks wise i'm more for the Arrow. I think it costs about $100 more than the Gianelli so it all depends on what you want. Spraying the high temp spray will wear out after awhile. I just serviced my exhaust and gave him the can to spray myself. The exhaust feels and sounds like new. Sweet!

Also, i notice you're in the market for sliders. I'd personally recommend you go for the whole deal instead of just the front and rear. If you're looking for protection, might as well go the whole 9 yards ya? The R&G look sweet, but it involves cutting away part of your fairings(From what i know). The Motivation sliders do not require you to cut anything. However I've seen a pic of a bike that crashed at track with R&G sliders, and from what i observed, the sliders did their work and the fairing wasnt damaged(whatever was seen in the pic). So definitely it'll be good protection against minor drops and falls. :)

Only thing i didnt like about R&G is the bar end sliders. It looks too chunky and bulky. The motivation bar end sliders look sleeker, smaller and more pleasing to the eye. $60 i think.

Paddock stand bobbins can be found on ebay and http://www.pjme.co.uk in a variety of shapes and colors.

Thanks again for the educational review. Ride safe.

ANY FOOL CAN HOLD A TIGER BY THE BALLS, BUT IT TAKES A HERO TO KEEP ON SQUEEZING. And I am that f*cking hero...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1827/march1vl5.jpghttp://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3057/march5el6.jpg

oh really ah? :p

i have in stock the front fork n swingarm protectors for 07 onwards

bobbins i have ..its universal either 6 or 8mm only..what colour u looking at? andonised red is nice...nad blends perfectly

barends need order... yours is the 08 model?

i be putting up another order in 2 days time so can put this in..how?

call me bro

p.s my new RS is awesome...but im trying to get more top end..hoping to get a 190km tops but on track la

I'd like to say 190 at track is impossible for the rs125 but you'd jus go and put a race rs125 engine in it and prove me wrong!!! Hahahaha.

ANY FOOL CAN HOLD A TIGER BY THE BALLS, BUT IT TAKES A HERO TO KEEP ON SQUEEZING. And I am that f*cking hero...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1827/march1vl5.jpghttp://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3057/march5el6.jpg

I'd like to say 190 at track is impossible for the rs125 but you'd jus go and put a race rs125 engine in it and prove me wrong!!! Hahahaha.

i say hoping to get 190km...hahaha if get 170 i be please as hell...if i do get 190 and can full throttle into PG T2,it be same corner speed as on my 675 ..

at the moment its only getting 157km full throttle into T2 ..the handling of the RS125 (i feel the stock rear shocks can handle more corner speed than 157km)

btw R&G barends for 07 onwards is not big n long..the 06 below model is the one...

Call 97978686

Really appreciate the honest and unbiased review you've put up dude. Just 1 or 2 things.

Your braking power will always be less in rain depending on the pads you use. Also I'd recommend you highlight your feedback to Ah Seng. Constructive feedback should always be valued by bike shops. And he'd be more careful with your bike next time. I hope he can help you in removing that white residue you mentioned. Cant imagine what can it be!

I'm not sure if there's any significant power difference between the Arrow and Gianelli but looks wise i'm more for the Arrow. I think it costs about $100 more than the Gianelli so it all depends on what you want. Spraying the high temp spray will wear out after awhile. I just serviced my exhaust and gave him the can to spray myself. The exhaust feels and sounds like new. Sweet!

Also, i notice you're in the market for sliders. I'd personally recommend you go for the whole deal instead of just the front and rear. If you're looking for protection, might as well go the whole 9 yards ya? The R&G look sweet, but it involves cutting away part of your fairings(From what i know). The Motivation sliders do not require you to cut anything. However I've seen a pic of a bike that crashed at track with R&G sliders, and from what i observed, the sliders did their work and the fairing wasnt damaged(whatever was seen in the pic). So definitely it'll be good protection against minor drops and falls.

Only thing i didnt like about R&G is the bar end sliders. It looks too chunky and bulky. The motivation bar end sliders look sleeker, smaller and more pleasing to the eye. $60 i think.

Paddock stand bobbins can be found on ebay and http://www.pjme.co.uk in a variety of shapes and colors.

Thanks again for the educational review. Ride safe.

My pleasure matey. It'll be great to meet up sometime in the future to put faces to names! :p

White residue: Thankfully gone! Wife's nail polish remover did the job!

Arrow exhaust: Nice to hear you're loving your Arrow. I love the Arrow look so much I spent sometime last night using MS Paint to see how it'd look on the bike (resulting image attached!). :D

Sliders: You approve of frame sliders? I'm kinda glad to hear that actually. I was in the market for the whole set mainly because I love spending part of my Sunday rides in open car parks trying to get comfortable with leaning the bike (e.g. doing tight circles in either direction, figure of 8) at low speeds (15-20kms), and was worried of dropping it and ruining the fairings. Unfortunately I read reviews that frame sliders could potentially irreversibly damage the frame in a fall, which would be heaps more costly to replace than just fixing the fairings. Come to think of it, that would be more likely in a high speed crash, and not a low speed drop. Hmm. I think I might once again be sold on R&G frame sliders. I will keep you posted if I do get them!

Gear - Copy.jpg

Edited by vyruz

Hi! Where to get motivation sliders and accessories?

Look for them in this forum. They have their own section.

i say hoping to get 190km...hahaha if get 170 i be please as hell...if i do get 190 and can full throttle into PG T2,it be same corner speed as on my 675 ..

at the moment its only getting 157km full throttle into T2 ..the handling of the RS125 (i feel the stock rear shocks can handle more corner speed than 157km)

btw R&G barends for 07 onwards is not big n long..the 06 below model is the one...

Larry, with a 34mm carb, you shld hit 160 to 165 easily... 170 might be possible too... Just curious which gear do you take T2 in?

My bad about the barends. Didnt know R&G had 2 types for the rs125. The one I saw was on an 03 model i think. But anyway, it shld be the same for all coz the handlebars are similiar for all the models. 06 onwards is a silver, nicer one. Which i am using too on my old old bike!

Any pic of the newer model barends? Might be interested if it's nice. :)

Hey guys I'm abit noob on aprilia. Dun mind me asking how do I add pick up to the bike? I've ask a few aprilia riders and they told me tt the pick up from 0-20 is very very slow as well. The power only comes in at 6rpm onwards.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d16/viruskia/536212_10151257302406596_1431384647_n.jpg

Hey guys I'm abit noob on aprilia. Dun mind me asking how do I add pick up to the bike? I've ask a few aprilia riders and they told me tt the pick up from 0-20 is very very slow as well. The power only comes in at 6rpm onwards.

hmm.. is it too hard to imagine if i say i've launched n willie-ed d bike frm stand still?

Another 'hard to imagine' will be dat i've endo-ed my RS (main reason being to avoid accident)

TZM RocKstAr

Aprilia RepsoL

Hi! Where to get motivation sliders and accessories?

helllllooooo...R&G !!!!!! hahahha... :p

Call 97978686

Larry, with a 34mm carb, you shld hit 160 to 165 easily... 170 might be possible too... Just curious which gear do you take T2 in?

My bad about the barends. Didnt know R&G had 2 types for the rs125. The one I saw was on an 03 model i think. But anyway, it shld be the same for all coz the handlebars are similiar for all the models. 06 onwards is a silver, nicer one. Which i am using too on my old old bike!

Any pic of the newer model barends? Might be interested if it's nice. :)

after T1 im on 3rd and pull till 6th and stay fully open thruout T2(hanging on for dear life :X) drifting towards the rumple strip end,brief 100% braking then bang! bang! bang! into 3rd for T3...

if leaning into T2,u feel bikey feels light,2 options back off throttle a little once lean over,wack throttle to a stop,that will push the rear tyre into the tarmac or at full throttle,juz brush brake lever slightly to compress fork... :D

unlike the superbikes,theres no need to shift body to hang out...at full prone,shift head slighty to left n attack T2 with u n bikey as 1 and then scream WAHHHHHHLIAOOOOOOO.....

Call 97978686

after T1 im on 3rd and pull till 6th and stay fully open thruout T2(hanging on for dear life :X) drifting towards the rumple strip end,brief 100% braking then bang! bang! bang! into 3rd for T3...

if leaning into T2,u feel bikey feels light,2 options back off throttle a little once lean over,wack throttle to a stop,that will push the rear tyre into the tarmac or at full throttle,juz brush brake lever slightly to compress fork... :D

unlike the superbikes,theres no need to shift body to hang out...at full prone,shift head slighty to left n attack T2 with u n bikey as 1 and then scream WAHHHHHHLIAOOOOOOO.....

can i just slip in a Q? wen is dis RS125 track day u guys bn organizing ?

TZM RocKstAr

Aprilia RepsoL

can i just slip in a Q? wen is dis RS125 track day u guys bn organizing ?

couple of guys going this wednesday ....

this coming sunday is PG trackday

the Aprilia/Triumph/Husqvarna pte trackday will be march or april..im waiting for the actual date to be announce..its not a solely RS125 trackday..its an appreciation day for the owners of those 3 brands

Call 97978686

couple of guys going this wednesday ....

this coming sunday is PG trackday

the Aprilia/Triumph/Husqvarna pte trackday will be march or april..im waiting for the actual date to be announce..its not a solely RS125 trackday..its an appreciation day for the owners of those 3 brands

haha.. yes i understand its not for RS125 only. else it'll only b few bikes. Anyhows, kp us here posted!

TZM RocKstAr

Aprilia RepsoL