SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia Riders

ArchArrow

anyone ever tried running wif their powervalve open thru out e rev ranges?

my experience is that u will suffer alot during your low rev ranges(slow pickup) and a little boggy too. No i take that back, i will be very boggy.

Possibly due to the incombustion and bike running too rich. correct me if im wrong, gurus

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sub Zero

• lacrimosae

• eyz

• quikslvr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear riders, I spent sometime in BKE last night to try out the new power valve, it worked fine, but again I double confirmed how the power valve works out in my aprilia and the RPM changing during riding.

Just to summarize here, hope somebody can help.

1. The RPM never goes above 7.5k from 1st gear to 6th gear, irregardless how much i open the throttle and how much is the speed

2. In 1st gear to 5th gear, the power valve never opens, irregardless how much i open the throttle or how much is the speed( never tried above 110km/h except in 6th gear)

3. In 6th gear, when speed is above 120km/h, the power valve opens, I can feel the sudden acceleration, but again, the RPM doesn't go up at least from the meter, stays around 7200 rpm, and the speed can not go above 135km/h even I maintain it for a while, tried a couple of times even in down slope, the same.

The above scenario occurs both when I was using the original power valve and using the current replica one after the original one broke.

I am riding year 2000 model RS125, with 34 cab but milo kong original exhaust, Ah seng told me everything is due to the milo kong, after changing to Arrow, it will be fine. So I am seeking your professional advise, it is true that the above problems are all due to the restriction of the original exhaust? could it be something else also?

Thanks in advance.

PS: some additional info.. I am using Shell VPower, Agip speed 2T, fuel comsuption is around 18KM/L..

Edited by xinkehew

errr, sounds like u mite have a jammed valve... e valve supposely opens ard 3k-4k to do a self-check n to give u gd pick up, closes after tt till ard 8.3k-8.4k where it opens again... shld stay open all e way as long as u keep it above tt rpm...

exhaust plays a part in performance but it shld'nt affect e operation of ur powervalve system. its e rpm tt counts not e speed.

the one and only...

-=#BLUE^CHILLED^COLA#=-

errr, sounds like u mite have a jammed valve... e valve supposely opens ard 3k-4k to do a self-check n to give u gd pick up, closes after tt till ard 8.3k-8.4k where it opens again... shld stay open all e way as long as u keep it above tt rpm...

exhaust plays a part in performance but it shld'nt affect e operation of ur powervalve system. its e rpm tt counts not e speed.

really?.. I did twice service @ah seng with in these two month including washing the valve... theoratically speaking, the valve should not jam as he washed the valve until shining shining...and also tested afterwards..

Dear riders, I spent sometime in BKE last night to try out the new power valve, it worked fine, but again I double confirmed how the power valve works out in my aprilia and the RPM changing during riding.

Just to summarize here, hope somebody can help.

1. The RPM never goes above 7.5k from 1st gear to 6th gear, irregardless how much i open the throttle and how much is the speed

2. In 1st gear to 5th gear, the power valve never opens, irregardless how much i open the throttle or how much is the speed( never tried above 110km/h except in 6th gear)

3. In 6th gear, when speed is above 120km/h, the power valve opens, I can feel the sudden acceleration, but again, the RPM doesn't go up at least from the meter, stays around 7200 rpm, and the speed can not go above 135km/h even I maintain it for a while, tried a couple of times even in down slope, the same.

The above scenario occurs both when I was using the original power valve and using the current replica one after the original one broke.

I am riding year 2000 model RS125, with 34 cab but milo kong original exhaust, Ah seng told me everything is due to the milo kong, after changing to Arrow, it will be fine. So I am seeking your professional advise, it is true that the above problems are all due to the restriction of the original exhaust? could it be something else also?

Thanks in advance.

PS: some additional info.. I am using Shell VPower, Agip speed 2T, fuel comsuption is around 18KM/L..

The old catalytic convertor exhaust severely restricts engine operations. Get an Arrow installed before trying to troubleshoot any other problems. Most symptoms of bogging is directly caused by the exhaust for now.

There is no such word as 'irregardless', since both 'ir-' and '-less' are negatives, your statement is a contradiction. Same goes for 'double confirmed'- if you can double your confirmation, can you also 'singly' confirm' it?

Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.

Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/lacrimosae/Aprilia/siggiecollage.jpg

back again. everyone's advicing against the rs4 125.

quoting that new bike on the market repairs/maintenace/parts etc will be more costly.

and of cause, the performance part. just a question.

up-capping the power restriction on the newer rs125 s' . how do u get that done?

is it like re-mapping of a car's ECU etc?

how much does it cost to get that done?

Happy New Year fellas!

I went to 37 Motoring today to get the following things done. Will post pictures and updates (including a cost breakdown) when all is done. I left my bike there and will be contacted when it's ready.

1. Wash valve

2. Wash carb and tune

3. Flush coolant

4. Bleed brakes

5. Install Diamond Race rearsets

6. Remove pillion pegs (but leaving the exhaust support in place). I do not and will not pillion anyone. :)

7. New fairing attachment for lower fairing

I got a tiny bit lost when I got to Eunos Technolink so though I'd put up a crudely drawn map for future 37 Motoring patrons that might get similarly lost.

In case you're wondering, the rearsets were purchased from the supplier via their eBay advertisement. All up including delivery - S$390.65. Took 15 days from Paypal payment to delivery. There are knock-offs from Thailand listed for a similar price online, but I'd stay away from them.

@Sub Zero: Most of the to-dos from my list of actions above is courtesy of Sub Zero. My thanks to him for the valuable advice. As you suggested, I'll keep you updated with my experiences at 37 Motoring.

@lacrimosae: Big thanks to lacrimosae as well for guidance on the rearsets. Pictures of and my experiences with the rearsets will follow as requested!

Map.jpg

Cry 'Havoc'.....and let slip the dogs of war

really?.. I did twice service @ah seng with in these two month including washing the valve... theoratically speaking, the valve should not jam as he washed the valve until shining shining...and also tested afterwards..

Just change the damn exhaust to Arrow. Your problem will be solved. And stop trying to force the valve open. It'll just break again.

ANY FOOL CAN HOLD A TIGER BY THE BALLS, BUT IT TAKES A HERO TO KEEP ON SQUEEZING. And I am that f*cking hero...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1827/march1vl5.jpghttp://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3057/march5el6.jpg

No such thing as self check. We're not riding Mitos. From my understanding, the valve is immediately open when you start the bike until 2.5K RPM. This is give some power to the lower RPM. It closes, then opens again at 8.25k RPM.

ANY FOOL CAN HOLD A TIGER BY THE BALLS, BUT IT TAKES A HERO TO KEEP ON SQUEEZING. And I am that f*cking hero...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1827/march1vl5.jpghttp://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3057/march5el6.jpg

Happy New Year fellas!

I went to 37 Motoring today to get the following things done. Will post pictures and updates (including a cost breakdown) when all is done. I left my bike there and will be contacted when it's ready.

1. Wash valve

2. Wash carb and tune

3. Flush coolant

4. Bleed brakes

6. Remove pillion pegs (but leaving the exhaust support in place). I do not and will not pillion anyone. :)

I got a tiny bit lost when I got to Eunos Technolink so though I'd put up a crudely drawn map for future 37 Motoring patrons that might get similarly lost.

In case you're wondering, the rearsets were purchased from the supplier via their eBay advertisement. All up including delivery - S$390.65. Took 15 days from Paypal payment to delivery. There are knock-offs from Thailand listed for a similar price online, but I'd stay away from them.

@Sub Zero: Most of the to-dos from my list of actions above is courtesy of Sub Zero. My thanks to him for the valuable advice. As you suggested, I'll keep you updated with my experiences at 37 Motoring.

@lacrimosae: Big thanks to lacrimosae as well for guidance on the rearsets. Pictures of and my experiences with the rearsets will follow as requested!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]188884[/ATTACH]

No worries mate. From what I see your bike will be running sweet and fine. I usually bleed brakes and flush coolant every 6 months. Best to do it as a routine half yearly maintainence.

Keep us updated. And thanks alot for sharing with us so that those that dont know will benefit as well!

Valve opens on ignition.

Closes at 2,500rpm.

Opens at 8,100rpm.

A poor exhaust affects the valve by clogging it with excessive carbon.

back again. everyone's advicing against the rs4 125.

quoting that new bike on the market repairs/maintenace/parts etc will be more costly.

and of cause, the performance part. just a question.

up-capping the power restriction on the newer rs125 s' . how do u get that done?

is it like re-mapping of a car's ECU etc?

how much does it cost to get that done?

The 4-stroke RS125 should feature electronic fuel injection and would utilise an ECU to control the ignition mapping. Cost TBA.

Happy New Year fellas!

1. Wash valve

2. Wash carb and tune

3. Flush coolant

4. Bleed brakes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]188884[/ATTACH]

Wow, you are very thorough. You remind me of myself 5 years ago. I'm too tied up with a lot of other commitments to focus on my bike now...

Would love to hear your review on the Diamond Race rearsets! You bought at an opportune time! I paid S$480 for them due to the exchange rate back then.

@lacrimosae and Sub Zero, thanks for the advise, will probably stop tracing the problems and change to arrow sometime in the near future.

@lacrimosae, sorry for the vocabulary as I am not native english speaker........you really can't endure mistakes.. ha~~.....

Actually your English is good enough. And actually I can tolerate bad English. But I am an idealist, and I do dream of a better world where everyone can speak the Queen's English. But that's just a pipe dream.

What I CAN DO, is simply to guide others along. Those who are receptive may take something away from it, and improve. Those who are not too bright will simply think I'm an a$$hole and walk away from it without any progress.

I've been giving free advice on Aprilia RS125s for 7 years. Yet most cannot tolerate a little bit of verbal hazing. I think many riders never went through NS, or perhaps their NS was with the Girl Guides, not the Army.

Charge a fee and be accused of being money-minded, but give out freebies, and I have walk-outs. Strange world, eh?

Im in. Subject to vessel schedules.

Good that you're back. Your cylinder will be waiting for you at 37 Motoring in the evening of 4 Jan. :)

project RS125 coming up :p

Edited by personified

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/Sepangmotogp.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/aprilia1st.jpg

Personified Motosports..Dealer for R&G Racing Products

Call 97978686

Visit Personified Motosports Facebook for More Motorcycle Madness

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001193148916

if i could find the genius who suggested putting those 320mm discs and 4 piston calipers on our Aprilias right now, i will freaking hug and kiss him. Hell id even bend over backwards and do anything he asks. Some may say these are an overkill for such small 125cc bikes but i will now tell those f**kers to go f**k themselves. Coz those freaking brakes saved me juz 10mins ago.

I was doing 90 on a normal road (i know its abit fast but we all are guilty of going over the speed limit every now and then) when this idiot suddenly decided to come out of the petrol station without checking AND turn out into BOTH lanes. No signal or warning whatsoever. I really dont know how far i was away from the car(im guessing less than 2 lamp post) but i slammed on my brakes like i never did before. And the brakes freaking saved me. I can safely say if i was on my old SP some poor carwash uncle would be wiping me off the mirrors of that car. Thank god.

As many of u would guess what happened next was a flurry of blasting horns(form my bike of course), a slew of vulgarities, a couple of surprised onlookers checking out the commotion and a stalled engine(due to me releasing my left hand to get that a**hole acquainted with my middle finger). And surprise(?) that nitwit is a freaking aunty. I swear these aunties should never be allowed on the road. go stick to playing mahjong or smth dont go out on the roads and be the cause of soaring insurance premiums. or maybe i just have bad luck with aunties(my first major accident was due to a colourblind mahjong freak who didnt get laid for so long she was too mind f**ked to remember that red light means stop)

I apologize in advance for the angst and no-so-nice words being used here but im still shaking as im typing this. Phew.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/mesab0ogie/162924_10150098222388659_776873658_7311881_1249924_n-1-3.jpghttp://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/mesab0ogie/184825_10150138083343659_776873658_7941714_3856564_n.jpg

if i could find the genius who suggested putting those 320mm discs and 4 piston calipers on our Aprilias right now, i will freaking hug and kiss him. Hell id even bend over backwards and do anything he asks. Some may say these are an overkill for such small 125cc bikes but i will now tell those f**kers to go f**k themselves. Coz those freaking brakes saved me juz 10mins ago.

I was doing 90 on a normal road (i know its abit fast but we all are guilty of going over the speed limit every now and then) when this idiot suddenly decided to come out of the petrol station without checking AND turn out into BOTH lanes. No signal or warning whatsoever. I really dont know how far i was away from the car(im guessing less than 2 lamp post) but i slammed on my brakes like i never did before. And the brakes freaking saved me. I can safely say if i was on my old SP some poor carwash uncle would be wiping me off the mirrors of that car. Thank god.

As many of u would guess what happened next was a flurry of blasting horns(form my bike of course), a slew of vulgarities, a couple of surprised onlookers checking out the commotion and a stalled engine(due to me releasing my left hand to get that a**hole acquainted with my middle finger). And surprise(?) that nitwit is a freaking aunty. I swear these aunties should never be allowed on the road. go stick to playing mahjong or smth dont go out on the roads and be the cause of soaring insurance premiums. or maybe i just have bad luck with aunties(my first major accident was due to a colourblind mahjong freak who didnt get laid for so long she was too mind f**ked to remember that red light means stop)

I apologize in advance for the angst and no-so-nice words being used here but im still shaking as im typing this. Phew.

Most importantly, you are alright. So we're all thankful you're still with us.

I had the same thing happen to me when a small car pulled out of a petrol station without checking. I was in the left-most lane and doing 170. It was peak hour traffic so all lanes were full and I couldn't change lanes. I remember it was a very old Toyota Starlet, and even though I was almost 200m away, I covered that distance within a fraction of a second. I grabbed my brakes and hoped for the best, pulling an involuntary stoppie and nearly kissing the rear bumper of the slow moving car. It was driven by a young man with a woman in the front passenger seat and two young kids in the back.

If I had hit him, it would have been carnage.

I recently also heard of a friend who crashed on the expressway because of inferior brakes. He was riding his SP at 50-60kph in the rain, lightly tapped his front brake to bleed off some speed, and the front wheel locked up. He skidded and fell pretty badly.

Thank you Brembo, Braking, and Michelin.

I have a full system arrow, is legal BUT i dont have the certificate. what should i do.? any any ideas peeps..?

If you do not have a certificate, IT IS NOT LEGAL. You can keep it quiet and hope you dont get caught until you upgrade your bike, or just get a registered homologated Arrow for $750

Hi aprillians! I'm having prob choosing which bike to take. Aprilla rs125, husky 125 or Juz a Kawasaki kr. Any pros and cons for Aprilla?

Like full tank, fc, maintainance etc. And one stupid qns is, is the pillion sit very uncomfortable for the pillion?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d16/viruskia/536212_10151257302406596_1431384647_n.jpg