SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings / HOM Cafe 2012

scoobydoo

gratz for getting a good deal! :thumb:

btw, when u took over the bike, did u bring it for servicing & change a new belt? i'm juz curious if its necessary... :cheeky:

Yeah, Firenace, you're right, it was my concern too but my mech, Ah Meng from Excel Cycle is very trustworthy and give good service. As you would noe, normally, we do not need to replace the belt until 30,000 kms and in fact the belt did not look dat much worn but he replaced it for me anyway FOC together with a new battery. That wld easily come to about $200 + $120 = $320 i think. Thats why I trust his service and hence dared to go for such a long ride immediately upon taking the scoot out. Never had any issue with it since either, can even take on a Super4 effortlessly on take off, hehehe...:angel:

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Firenace, you're right, it was my concern too but my mech, Ah Meng from Excel Cycle is very trustworthy and give good service. As you would noe, normally, we do not need to replace the belt until 30,000 kms and in fact the belt did not look dat much worn but he replaced it for me anyway FOC together with a new battery. That wld easily come to about $200 + $120 = $320 i think. Thats why I trust his service and hence dared to go for such a long ride immediately upon taking the scoot out. Never had any issue with it since either, can even take on a Super4 effortlessly on take off, hehehe...:angel:

oh, so u got it from the shop? sorry, i tot u bought over direct from previous owner. :cheeky:

History :angel: --> Cagiva Mito3, Yamaha RX100, Yamaha TZRR125, Yamaha RXK135, Honda 150SP, Honda CBR400RR, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR900RR, Yamaha R6 '05, Subaru Imprezza I 1.6M, Honda Silverwing SW-T400, Honda Super 4 Version S, Yamaha Spark 135 RX

Present :thumb: --> Yamaha Tmax 530 Iron Max, Perodua Viva 1.0L

glad that u also enjoy the SW... join us for weekly kopi? trips?

THank you Scoobydoo for the warm welcome. Sure, one of these days i wld love to join you guys, may even go for trips together. I will get in touch with you guys first before coming down for a meet up. Btw, I am staying in the north, Woodlands where cheap petrol is nearby:thumb:. But be prepared to meet an older rider, like my nick say, i am an "OldSkoolRider". Already been riding for many, many yrs now but my knowledge on this scoot is not dat much. Still much to learn from ppl like you urself, Scoobydoo.

Wahsey. Many here are also old liao but... young at heart.

We still play ping pong once in a while. *Not with each other. That'll be gross!! :faint:

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

too bad i already set my eyes on Sw-T400. If not i will sure go snatch hahaha

For me i'll be riding the bike for minimum 4 yrs, so better to get new bike

I can understand your intention to get the Sw-T400 because if I am not wrong this model has been around for quite awhile. So if a fresh new model comes with better looking design of course it would be nice to get it.:thumb: When i first saw it on the road many yrs back I always wondered how it managed to pick up so fast, now i noe, auto gear. Dats why the Super 4s have a hard time to catch up at the lights.

As for me, if i were to spend dat amount of money i might want to consider the T-Max 500 which is sportier, have firmer suspension and more powerful(higher top end) but have less underseat storage, but dats only me and my tots, no offence meant. I believe the maint is not too much either.

Wahsey. Many here are also old liao but... young at heart.

We still play ping pong once in a while. *Not with each other. That'll be gross!! :faint:

Ohhh really SW9000, i see ur avatar displays a sweet young thing so i tot must be ur gerlfriend or something, so you must be young lah...hehehe.

Dat kind of ping pong, OiC, nice, nice... anyway young at heart i must surely agree and i tot i was the only OC:).

Btw, i notice u contribute quite a lot here too.:thumb:

I can understand your intention to get the Sw-T400 because if I am not wrong this model has been around for quite awhile. So if a fresh new model comes with better looking design of course it would be nice to get it.:thumb: When i first saw it on the road many yrs back I always wondered how it managed to pick up so fast, now i noe, auto gear. Dats why the Super 4s have a hard time to catch up at the lights.

As for me, if i were to spend dat amount of money i might want to consider the T-Max 500 which is sportier, have firmer suspension and more powerful(higher top end) but have less underseat storage, but dats only me and my tots, no offence meant. I believe the maint is not too much either.

Haha TMax? Swing old or new? No difference! We are all one big happy family.

But be prepared to meet an older rider, like my nick say, i am an "OldSkoolRider".

wah sei... another "old" rider... whahahaha

come come... come meet the young and young-at-hearts SWingers :cheeky:

do check out the Silverwing 400cc / 600cc Tech Corner, lots of useful info there :cool:

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

Let me see if I'm able to contact biturbo HK distributor on the price.

In HK it's tax free. Plus the currency drop, it should be 100 or 200 cheaper.

Problem is when u bring back got to find installer which I assume is ah Chong? Haha

Let me see if I'm able to contact biturbo HK distributor on the price.

In HK it's tax free. Plus the currency drop, it should be 100 or 200 cheaper.

Problem is when u bring back got to find installer which I assume is ah Chong? Haha

Hagon ownself install also can.

Half hour job, no need dismantle body.

That's why fusionjaz very worry I know where he park... hehehe.

I forgot who's sister can help buy Hagon at Hongkong liao. Getting very forgetful. :cry:

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

Getting very forgetful. :cry:

girl generation too much liow lah :cheeky:

Generation (from the Latin generāre, meaning "to beget"),[1] also known as procreation, is the act of producing offspring.

~

Trips:

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

Anyone know where to get Silverwing GT 400 bike??

i prefer GT than T400.. hehe

pls advise..

salesman in MAH told me their 400 is the GT version. not sure about loois... maybe u can call both shops to confirm again. :)

History :angel: --> Cagiva Mito3, Yamaha RX100, Yamaha TZRR125, Yamaha RXK135, Honda 150SP, Honda CBR400RR, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR900RR, Yamaha R6 '05, Subaru Imprezza I 1.6M, Honda Silverwing SW-T400, Honda Super 4 Version S, Yamaha Spark 135 RX

My advice is to check more details with the salesman at horse. The other time one comment by him nearly made my stomach burst.

When I ask him about forza and silverwing, he told me:" oh their horse power almost the same"

And I ask him are you sure? He say yeah. Where got the same.

Bottomline is to study and trust yourself. Make sure you know your stuff and you won't kana makan

My advice is to check more details with the salesman at horse. The other time one comment by him nearly made my stomach burst.

When I ask him about forza and silverwing, he told me:" oh their horse power almost the same"

And I ask him are you sure? He say yeah. Where got the same.

Bottomline is to study and trust yourself. Make sure you know your stuff and you won't kana makan

"nod nod" agree with u... dat time when i went to view swing, the salesman dun know de. i ended up explaining to him... =_="

saw someone selling t-max. i din know the price is much higher than swing....

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/303803-Wts-.yamaha-t-max-with-abs

SW-T400 & GT are twins, suggest you consider what kind of aftersales support you can get if your concern is mainly the color and the different insignia at the rear sides. but if going for 600cc, only parallel imported GT :p

list of BS's resellers http://www.boonsiewhonda.com.sg/boonsiew/dealers.asp?section=motorcycle

~

Trips:

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/kit-accessori-kappa-per-honda-sw-t400/kitKappaperHondaSWT40.jpg

The new Honda Silver Wing SW-T400 we tested recently scooterone is certainly one that lends itself to tourist use. Kappa has created just for the SW-T400 tourer some accessories, bags, trunk and windshield

An elegant and spacious top-case back, the K53 (the acronym is the internal volume). The top box uses the ubiquitous system of attack Monokey System and has optional accessories like the series of painted covers (KC53), replace the standard one.

Laterally, the SW-T400 can be equipped with universal soft bags TK736, immaculate (beautiful leather inserts) and able to maintain the shape and firmness. Heat applied to the fund in the stock market contrasts optimum heat from the exhaust. The TK736 is securely fastened using the parts supplied. If necessary, you can slightly widen their internal volume by acting on the bellows with zip.

(Copied from some French website converted to English)