SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings / HOM Cafe 2012

scoobydoo

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tat beng sells batteries under 2 arrangements... without receipt (cheaper) and with receipt (add 7% GST) :p

you can also try LAB... may be cheaper

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

wat happened? call me la.

F1 light for what? and V light up indicate what?

Now: Silver Wing GT 400

2s: paggio hexagon 150, Honda helix 250, yamaha majesty250, Honda forza 250, paggio x9 500,Silverwing 400 JDM,Silverwing 400 euro, Silverwing GT400.

guess what? SWingers overseas are also reading our Tech Corner :smile:

Subject: Great source of technical and how-to info Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:28 am

I haven't seen this site linked here before.

I found it a gold mine of info about the Swing:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/113114-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

Enjoy.

http://www.silverwing600.com/maintenance-tips-and-hints-f7/great-source-of-technical-and-how-to-info-t2022.htm

~

Trips:

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

FI light will flash or light up if FI is faulty or u can say dirty.

'V' light is actually a reminder to service your transmission. after reset, it'll light up at the next 24k. just remember to change your belt every 30k and u are safe.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

'V' light is actually a reminder to service your transmission. after reset, it'll light up at the next 24k. just remember to change your belt every 30k and u are safe.

answers found in page 18 & 19 of owners' manual below...

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/assets/OWNERLINK/model/own_man/powersports/2007/2007_FSC600D_A.pdf

heard from a mech that FI may light up if batt is in really bad condition... dunno how true though :p

see V-Matic Indicator at Tech Corner for how to reset

cheers

Edited by scoobydoo

~

Trips:

"Tour de Lobster 2010"

aka 1D Jason Bay/Pengerang Seafood/A&W Trip

Date: 17/10/2010 (Sun)

Time: 0830~2000hrs or earlier

(no overnight Visa required!!!)

Riding Speed?

most part of the riding are on busy or trunk roads (except from GP Esso to Pasir Gudang highway where norm is 110kph); our average SOA during previous trips were only about 70+kph with occasional bursts for overtaking. just have to make sure lead bike dun ride on mph instead of kpm :angel:

0830: meet at GP Petronas (there're seats/table inside the air-conditioned "mini-mart"), gazz up & simple admin :thumb:

(kindly do not plan for a 8.15am arrival at tuas checkpoint thinking to clear tuas/msia immi and still arrive on time; expect the usual sat morning peak hour jams hor)

Participants:

1. scoobydoo / 90112330 (organiser) ... SW400

2. SW9000 (very slow lead bike) ... SW-T400

3. Atlantic 200 (sweeper/backup lead in case go holan) ... Fazer6

4. jsilverwing ... S4

5. Fusionjaz ... SW400

6. Fusionjaz ex GF

7. Santos ... SW400

8. Santos GF

Distances

. SG 2nd Link Immi to Geylang Patah Petronas ~ approx. 11km

. Geylang Patah Petronas to Jason Bay ~ approx. 100km (via Kota Tinggi)

. Jason Bay to Sungai Rengit ~ approx. 77km (coastal road)

. Sungai Rengit to Bukit Indah ~ approx. 117km (via Kota Tinggi)

. Bukit Indah to 2nd Link Customs ~ approx. 25km

. . . Total distance (2nd Link) ~ approx. 330km

Petrol stops available

a. Gelang Patah Esso or Petronas (start point)

b. Shell at Sungai Rengit (makan stop, 177km)

c. Shell or Esso at Gelang Patah (last stop, 142km)

Summary of trip

map http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/josephsbs/Pengerang%20Trip%20Nov%202009/PengerangTrip_Nov2009.jpg?t=1285293729

+ Jason Bay

+ Sungei Renggit lunch at Good Luck

+ Se Yuan Bakery (freshly baked SGT cookies)

+ Sungei Renggit Ostrich farm visit (hope its open on Sun)

+ Bukit Indah

start with a leisurely 2hrs ride up to Jason Bay at the east coast of M'sia, north of Desaru. enjoy a few moments of breeze, photo session and rest for our butts.

http://www.ulfp.com/ulfp/mod_page/view.asp?ID=15

tide level is forecasted to be going down, near midway towards low at 1pm so still can take some nice pics of beach. followed by a 1hr coastal ride down to Sungei Renggit aka 四湾岛 (Pengarang), passing desaru on the way down south. the trunk road down is rather nice but don't get carried away by the sea view, do look out for a few wok sized craters (some have been patched up during our last visit but do expect new ones) :p

12+pm = LUNCH!!! lets have different styles of lobsters at Good Luck... deep fried is a must, stir fry with cheeze or braised with sauce. estimated damage? 10 of us paid about Rm80 (approx. S$35) each during the last trip. we shall decide what to do next while waiting for the lobsters to "crawl" up our table.

after lunch, we'll walk/bike over to the famous Se Yuan Bakery for some SGT cookie shopping, then to the Ostrich farm 5mins ride away (instead of visiting Tg Pengelih jetty like we did last round). finally, its back to Jusco at Bt Indah for some nice cool A&W root beer float or plus dinner before returning to sinkapor :cool:

return to sinkapor should be via 2nd link, but depends on concensus. my personal preference is to return via 2nd link especially after the smoky-scratchy experience, even though causeway would be very much nearer to my CCK home. in any case, riders are free to go OTOT after the makan :lol:

Pics of Nov 2009 trip

Good Luck Seafood Restaurant

86 jalan telok ramunia sg rengit 81620 pengerang johor

tel: 07-8263555

http://www.greaterdesaru.com/images/goodluck.jpg

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

looking for silverwing 400...... still (after months)

pm me if u letting go

thanks

PROBLEM is not serious, if it can be solved with MONEY ... the PROBLEM comes when you have NO MONEY

Honda Wave 110s - FT7476M

Honda CG 125 ----- FK7947T

Suzuki Bandit 400 - FM 8039Y

Yamaha Fazer 6 --- FW7537E

Honda Steed ------- FN 5565R

Yamaha YP 250 - FS2578R

Suzuki DL650 ---- FX9497T

many places got sell... BS, Loois, ASP, BP, etc... all got :cheeky:

hahaha.

Hope you find your swing soon. Seriously its reall very difficult to find a 2nd hand swing. And especially at the conditions you want.

Why not consider a new one?

hahaha.

Hope you find your swing soon. Seriously its reall very difficult to find a 2nd hand swing. And especially at the conditions you want.

juz helped my fren to find a 08 SW400 at MAH on last sat. the bike looks & sounds good but ofc, i wun know wats inside. heng suay lor. :lol:

so tempted to own a sw gt600... :cheeky:

History :angel: --> Cagiva Mito3, Yamaha RX100, Yamaha TZRR125, Yamaha RXK135, Honda 150SP, Honda CBR400RR, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR900RR, Yamaha R6 '05, Subaru Imprezza I 1.6M, Honda Silverwing SW-T400, Honda Super 4 Version S, Yamaha Spark 135 RX

Present :thumb: --> Yamaha Tmax 530 Iron Max, Perodua Viva 1.0L

hahaha.

well...................new one............ had that in mind..... but just threw in $ for further studies.............damn cham ... beggar life now...............haizzzzzzz

PROBLEM is not serious, if it can be solved with MONEY ... the PROBLEM comes when you have NO MONEY

Honda Wave 110s - FT7476M

Honda CG 125 ----- FK7947T

Suzuki Bandit 400 - FM 8039Y

Yamaha Fazer 6 --- FW7537E

Honda Steed ------- FN 5565R

Yamaha YP 250 - FS2578R

Suzuki DL650 ---- FX9497T

If I remembered there's a guy selling in the bike sales thread. 08/08 swing selling around 9.5k. PM me if u r interested. I'll pass u his email. But he stays in punggol so u might have to travel down and see for yourself.

Yeah a new swing is quite ex. But looking at it COE and yen will not drop.

Wah Chairman, I am also staying in CCK and you neber jio me wash bike.

Jealous :cry::cry:

Actually i stay at chin swee road S162008 lol

When i get my swing i'm gonna give it a good coating to last all the way.

Have some left over product that i use for my swift, all good stuffs Meguiars lol

Like the NXT tech wax 2.0 and NXT glass cleaner...

Must have lol

If you all wanna come my house and wash together i dun mind sharing hahaha of course that is provided i already got my swing la haha

Thank . Many changes in the new bike forum..so long did not visit this forum. So many good stuff to know about silver wing. I did not have SW manual because got it from second hand.

Now: Silver Wing GT 400

2s: paggio hexagon 150, Honda helix 250, yamaha majesty250, Honda forza 250, paggio x9 500,Silverwing 400 JDM,Silverwing 400 euro, Silverwing GT400.

well...................new one............ had that in mind..... but just threw in $ for further studies.............damn cham ... beggar life now...............haizzzzzzz

i oso got over 20k of debts. dats y i wana sell my car & get a swing. hehe

wun be for life de. juz gotta be thrifty can le. sure can clear 1 fine day. :cool:

History :angel: --> Cagiva Mito3, Yamaha RX100, Yamaha TZRR125, Yamaha RXK135, Honda 150SP, Honda CBR400RR, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR900RR, Yamaha R6 '05, Subaru Imprezza I 1.6M, Honda Silverwing SW-T400, Honda Super 4 Version S, Yamaha Spark 135 RX

Actually i stay at chin swee road S162008 lol

When i get my swing i'm gonna give it a good coating to last all the way.

Have some left over product that i use for my swift, all good stuffs Meguiars lol

Like the NXT tech wax 2.0 and NXT glass cleaner...

Must have lol

If you all wanna come my house and wash together i dun mind sharing hahaha of course that is provided i already got my swing la haha

yup. same idea. new bike or car, newly out of the shop, shud have a good coating to prevent stuff like future watermark & dirt/dust. i dun really wana use a clay bar in the future. hehe

so when is your sw coming?

juz like to check wif u guys if u have any updates on the FC between SW T400, SW GT400 & SW GT600?

SW T400 has the best FC among the 3 but i wana know if there's a great diff.

loois oso having the 600 rite? is there any price diff between mah & loois? i only know mah's price but haen visit loois...

i'll ask my fren to help me check with the ins. hope its not a too big difference.

questions for those guys who went touring b4. during heavy rain in msia, do u think hazard light helps? (i'll on my car's hazard lights when there is heavy rain to be more visible)

do u think booster helps? ( have dis thinking cos if big lorry or car swings to your lane and u tink braking is not a good choice )

sorry for many questions asked. hehe

yup. same idea. new bike or car, newly out of the shop, shud have a good coating to prevent stuff like future watermark & dirt/dust. i dun really wana use a clay bar in the future. hehe

so when is your sw coming?

Dec Lo. Lol

see replies in blue below...

juz like to check wif u guys if u have any updates on the FC between SW T400, SW GT400 & SW GT600?

there aren't many GTs around in sinkapor, plus none in our gang is riding one... so no data for you

loois oso having the 600 rite? is there any price diff between mah & loois? i only know mah's price but haen visit loois...

i'll ask my fren to help me check with the ins. hope its not a too big difference.

answer is just a phone call away... why not ask ah lee first hand?

questions for those guys who went touring b4. during heavy rain in msia, do u think hazard light helps? (i'll on my car's hazard lights when there is heavy rain to be more visible)

while touring, we'ld stop somewhere safe during heavy rain or when visibility is badly impaired... safety first

having a hazard light helps but don't count on it.

do u think booster helps? ( have dis thinking cos if big lorry or car swings to your lane and u tink braking is not a good choice )

"booster" helps... to burn more petrol :lol:

according to feedback from a few JDM riders, the extra power is not much.

if a big lorry or car suddenly swings into my lane, will i have sufficient reaction time to activate the "booster" then open the throttle? hmmm... guess i'll probably just open the throttle in panic... whahahahaha

~

Trips:

there aren't many GTs around in sinkapor, plus none in our gang is riding one... so no data for you

answer is just a phone call away... why not ask ah lee first hand?

while touring, we'ld stop somewhere safe during heavy rain or when visibility is badly impaired... safety first :cool:

having a hazard light helps but don't count on it.

"booster" helps... to burn more petrol :lol:

according to feedback from a few JDM riders, the extra power is not much.

if a big lorry or car suddenly swings into my lane, will i be cool and have sufficient reaction time to activate the "booster" and then open throttle?

hmmm... guess my first reaction will simply be open the throttle and get the hell out... whahahahaha

~

Trips:

thx for the reply ^_^

i juz manage to find a US review on the 600. fuel estimated is around 16km/L and he is riding in city area.

who is ah Lee? i'm not familiar with shops other than west area. hehe

i've read about a brief info on the booster but dun know how great is the boost in real...

so in general, u reccommend SWT400 over the 600?