SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings / HOM Cafe 2012

scoobydoo

Hi all,

Today I just collected my 2012 SW-T400... May I know which shop install ERP cheap ? I went to a shop

located along Lavender street recommended by Bike Production... At first they quote me 195 with bracket.. After that they say 225 ! I rejected and go. Hope to join you guys meet up.. Nelson,

Welcome... most of our SWgers here did not install the ERP unit with bracket. We installed the ERP into either the left or right compartment at the front. You can join the weekly TCSS and have a look. Lets our Chairman here further advice you if you needed.. :p

N/A (Current)

Honda Silverwing FJS 400cc (Yr2010 - Yr2012)

Piaggio X8 200cc (Yr2009 - Yr2010)

Honda CB400 Super Four (Yr2007 - Yr2009)

Honda Phantom TA200 (Yr2005 -Yr2007)

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hit a problem: how to drain the old coolant from the reservoir?

Solved with a $1 siphon. The reservoir will not drain following the coolant draining steps. Looking at how the reservoir is connected back to the radiator cap housing and that it actually requires a positive pressure to feed the radiator, it's quite hard to expect the reservoir to top up the radiator when the reservoir cap is opened. I think best way is just fill both radiator cap housing to the top and reservoir to the max position and go for a ride. Then monitor reservoir level and top up slightly. Reservoir has about 600-800ml capacity from my reservoir flushing observation; hence sufficient to top up any initial shortfall.

Anybody has the lengths and banjo types required for SW? If not, anybody skillful enough to take out the front crowing, so that I can measure the lengths required? Rest of body I know how to take out; only the front haven't tried yet.

Welcome... most of our SWgers here did not install the ERP unit with bracket. We installed the ERP into either the left or right compartment at the front. You can join the weekly TCSS and have a look. Lets our Chairman here further advice you if you needed.. :p
Tks bro... I will try... Btw, do you know any shop in west area got install ERP ? Tks

1985 LC 125

1986 LC RD 125 Power valve

1987 LC 350

1988 LC 125

1995 CB 250

1998 Super 4

2000 Hyundai Accent 1.3

2004 Mit Lancer GLX 1.6

2008 Honda civic 2.0 Si (FD2A)

2011 Honda wave 125S

Hmmm vicom bukit batok erp inspection centre shld sell erp the ba.. Installation wise perhaps u can ask them.. Btw good, solid and customise bracket dun come cheap wor :D if u need any customisation of bracket, can seek for seng kwang at amk ave 5 autopoint, level 5 for help.

Tks bro... I will try... Btw, do you know any shop in west area got install ERP ? Tks

:cheer:

Glad to have u in my life : ) Always love one another!

Hit a problem: how to drain the old coolant from the reservoir? Tried to remove the reservoir but can only reach 1 nut; 2nd nut is deep inside the fairing that even slim hands of confusehaha cannot reach.

Thanks confusehaha for lending 2 helping hands :)

Lol, uncle. No worries. The removal of reservior is indeed tricky ar.. Lol btw u manage to remove the coolant by the sucking method?

Lol, uncle. No worries. The removal of reservior is indeed tricky ar.. Lol btw u manage to remove the coolant by the sucking method?

yes, pump out through the return hose (the one we removed)

Installation wise perhaps u can ask them.. Btw good, solid and customise bracket dun come cheap wor :D

if mount on the center of the steering, just need a flat pieace of metal with some slight bends. usually, the toughest part is not the mounting but the removal of the front crowling to install the power. not many shops are competent in this. that's why, some prefer to wire a cigarette plug and connect when needed.

Anybody has the lengths and banjo types required for SW? If not, anybody skillful enough to take out the front crowing, so that I can measure the lengths required? Rest of body I know how to take out; only the front haven't tried yet.

The front 'W' cowling must remove with care. I broke a couple of locking tabs liao...

if mount on the center of the steering, just need a flat pieace of metal with some slight bends. usually, the toughest part is not the mounting but the removal of the front crowling to install the power. not many shops are competent in this. that's why, some prefer to wire a cigarette plug and connect when needed.

Mine was connected to the ignition source near the coolant reservoir.

Sent frm HTC Z715E using Tapatalk

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

I see, cool!

Btw uncle any suggestion on what show I do to achieve better result as in the colour of my plugs? Haha shld I replace a new set and see how it goes? Or shld I do up a proper tuning 1st before replacing?

As previously the proper tuning by ah choong was only done two weeks later after I replaced my iridium plugs.

Btw anyone experience before that ur iridium plugs turn out to be blunt instead of sharp on the tip upon replacmentl? Or is by nature it will blunt due to firing process? Lol

yes, pump out through the return hose (the one we removed)

Today I just collected my 2012 SW-T400... May I know which shop install ERP cheap? I went to a shop located along Lavender street recommended by Bike Production...

first... welcome to the gang :smile:

i am surprised that Ah Swee didn't do the IU if you bought bike from BP, they usually charge abt $165+ separately for the IU plus installation.

like TitanicLexus said, many of (including myself) have the IU placed inside the right hand glove compartment, no brackets required, just have to connect to the ignition power... cheap and nice. reception? it's a proven alternative "spot" :thumb:

you can try going to AC Motor (Kaki Bukit), Ah Choong will be able to help you settle that at a reasonable fee. if not, can try K&T (Ubi area, look for Clifford) or Future (look for Kenny but I dunno whether they have shifted to Bukit Batok or still at Kallang).

whether to use bracket is personal preference, but i strongly advise not to drill holes on the tupperware to mount the bracket.

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

Hit a problem: how to drain the old coolant from the reservoir? Tried to remove the reservoir but can only reach 1 nut; 2nd nut is deep inside the fairing that even slim hands of confusehaha cannot reach.

we didn't remove the reservoir the other time... we used the so called "displacement" way. what we did was to leave the drain plug/hole open, start engine (let bike run at idling), the pump will slowly "push" the old coolant out from the drain hole, keep topping up distilled water at the reservoir.

this goes on until the liquid coming out from the drain plug becomes colorless, means system is left with distilled water. then we stop filling distilled water and let level in reservoir run down (not empty). then we start filling new coolant into the reservoir and let pump draw the new coolant from reservoir into the system while distilled water is being pushed out at the drain hole below.

hmmm... i'll update this to tech post if i have left this out :p

~

Trips:

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

Removing the Front not too difficult, done that already. :cheeky:

Follow this YouTube video:

Part 2:

Have Fun ....:cheers:

Removing the Front not too difficult, done that already. :cheeky:

Follow this YouTube video:

[video=youtube_share;5uv2qyxA-AA]

Part 2:

Have Fun ....:cheers:

Edited by Twister6868

I see, cool!

Btw uncle any suggestion on what show I do to achieve better result as in the colour of my plugs? Haha shld I replace a new set and see how it goes? Or shld I do up a proper tuning 1st before replacing?

As previously the proper tuning by ah choong was only done two weeks later after I replaced my iridium plugs.

Btw anyone experience before that ur iridium plugs turn out to be blunt instead of sharp on the tip upon replacmentl? Or is by nature it will blunt due to firing process? Lol

Actually I wouldn't call those "tuning". Rather it synchronizes the air screws of both cylinders so that the mixture ignite with the same combustion. But whether that mixture is optimal is unknown as it's done w/o dyno or probes but rather with butt. Also many factors affect the ideal setting (fuel, air filter, air density). I'm still thinking how to get my colortune to work as the SW leads are too short. Might have to remove the whole middle section to do so. The last time, I lean it very slightly from stock. Gave better response and FC but I noticed the engine runs a little bit hotter from the hotness of my barang barang in the underseat. The iridium tips should remain pointed. If blunt, it would have affected the spark gap. So maybe good to replace and sync.

then we start filling new coolant into the reservoir and let pump draw the new coolant from reservoir into the system while distilled water is being pushed out at the drain hole below.

Somehow the pump did not draw coolant from the reservoir.

The siphon method worked well for me and it will be another 2 years before it's time to replace the coolant. Worry later. I also washed the radiator fins. System feels good now :)

YouTube videos looked easy. Will schedule a day leave to try :) thanks!

Easy..Wow so many screws to dismantle...Maybe can get battery powered drill to help with the dismantling...

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

We reached Ko Samui. Ang Moh town here. Tmr go land tour. :)

how was the weather on the way?

forecasts seems to say a wet journey :pity:

~

Trips:

I see, cool!

Check the spark plug by its color.

fuel/air mixture is too rich: grey, black dry, black wet, chalky, white

fuel/air mixture optimal: coffee with milk

If the spark plug shows a 'coffee with milk' color, it doesn't need replacing and means the fuel/air mixture the bike is getting is correct. Other then that color, the fuel-air mixture is incorrect and needs adjusting.

Sync is not tuning.

For maximum efficiency and smoothness, the fuel injectors should all operate in synchronization with one another; this will ensure that the engine is provided with adequate fuel and air, in relation to the timing of the cylinders.

If your plug's color is not coffee with milk color then you will need tuning...

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Currently my plug colour is blk, which shld be too rich.. Will do the sync again.

Btw I noticed the firing part which is the tip of my iridium plug is blunt.. Is it normal? I only use for less than 6000km. Is it something wrong?

Check the spark plug by its color.

fuel/air mixture is too rich: grey, black dry, black wet, chalky, white

fuel/air mixture optimal: coffee with milk

If the spark plug shows a 'coffee with milk' color, it doesn't need replacing and means the fuel/air mixture the bike is getting is correct. Other then that color, the fuel-air mixture is incorrect and needs adjusting.

Sync is not tuning.

For maximum efficiency and smoothness, the fuel injectors should all operate in synchronization with one another; this will ensure that the engine is provided with adequate fuel and air, in relation to the timing of the cylinders.

If your plug's color is not coffee with milk color then you will need tuning...