SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings / HOM Cafe 2012

scoobydoo

Back from Island tour! Fruitful trip fod quite a few people. More photos available when we r back!

Snorkeling spot:

http://img.tapatalk.com/dfcfd201-0a82-dd78.jpg

Beach spot for Kayaking & social networking:

http://img.tapatalk.com/dfcfd201-0acf-f08f.jpg

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see, noted :D btw scooby is it possible to mod or anyone has mod their stock filter to open pod filter? More direct intake? As I find sw air intake is some how a bit clogged during rain.. Might be due to water present at the intake hence the bike is slightly rougher during raining..

you have to ride it over a while, else there's nothing much to see unless air/fuel mix is way off.

for SW, FI is controlled by ECU so we usually tweak using the air-screws (vacuum levels). commonly used settings are around 1.5 to 2 turns out from fully closed.

relevant reading at tech corner posts

#20 air screw synchronisation

#42 more about spark plugs

:cheer:

Glad to have u in my life : ) Always love one another!

Back from Island tour! Fruitful trip fod quite a few people. More photos available when we r back!

Snorkeling spot:

http://img.tapatalk.com/dfcfd201-0a82-dd78.jpg

Beach spot for Kayaking & social networking:

http://img.tapatalk.com/dfcfd201-0acf-f08f.jpg

marvelous weather there! envy leh.

AN650L3 (current): All mod transferred.

SW-T400 (till oct 13): voltmeter, safety features disabled. coocase v36+remote. Adjustable, folding Brake levers. Givi AF318 windshield. on-off switch(pilot light, head light, hazard light), electrical seat unlatch,Dr pulley.

AN400K6 (apr07-dec11): side deflectors, J Costa variator, Dr pulley slider + HiT clutch.

YP250, RVF400/RS250, NSF125.

Must have a spacer in between so that you don't break the bottle cage when trying to tighten the perch. Will post the pic when I get back.

What spacer u using???Thks

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

What spacer u using???Thks

Used 2 square nuts in between the perch clamp amd the bottle holder each bolt so that the plastic holder will bend around the arc of the clamp and break...

Sent frm HTC Z715E using Tapatalk

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

Installed a Givi 45 liter box $130 at Unique Motor. Good service. Did quite a nice job except that they drilled 2 more holes which did not fit. Made me feel a bit awkward but apart from that, it's covered up and can't be seen. So I just swallowed it. Just a bit heart pain.

Also changed a K&N filter for $101. Seems like better air flow and bike smoother. Not sure about FC though. Mine is normally about 22-23km/l because I always pillion my wife.

Can anyone advise about the pigeon sound? Seems like I am getting it again. Just cleaned my transmission about 2 weeks ago and the sound went away. Now it seems to be back again. :-(

Used 2 square nuts in between the perch clamp amd the bottle holder each bolt so that the plastic holder will bend around the arc of the clamp and break...

Thks for the advice....

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

I see, noted :D btw scooby is it possible to mod or anyone has mod their stock filter to open pod filter? More direct intake? As I find sw air intake is some how a bit clogged during rain.. Might be due to water present at the intake hence the bike is slightly rougher during raining..

Not much space for open pod unless it's a small pod, which I think will not help much. If you want, need to re-pipe to front for "ram-air" effect. Have you checked your air filter? The SW airbox only has a front facing intake pipe and protected by the side fairing. Not much chance for rainwater to get in. For me, response gets better in rain / at night due to cooler / denser air.

Installed a Givi 45 liter box $130 at Unique Motor. Good service. Did quite a nice job except that they drilled 2 more holes which did not fit. Made me feel a bit awkward but apart from that, it's covered up and can't be seen. So I just swallowed it. Just a bit heart pain.

Also changed a K&N filter for $101. Seems like better air flow and bike smoother. Not sure about FC though. Mine is normally about 22-23km/l because I always pillion my wife.

Can anyone advise about the pigeon sound? Seems like I am getting it again. Just cleaned my transmission about 2 weeks ago and the sound went away. Now it seems to be back again. :-(

Don't meant to rub in your pain but there are 4 mounting holes on the SW rack if you look underneath it. That should be the holes to secure the box base plate.

For pigeon sound, try not to over-rev when moving from stationery, especially when riding 2-up or up-slope. Else, there's some clutch slip and that resonants the clutch bell to produce pigeon sounds. 3-3.5k rpm should be fine for moving off.

Sounds like the same thing happened to me...

Not much space for open pod unless it's a small pod, which I think will not help much. If you want, need to re-pipe to front for "ram-air" effect. Have you checked your air filter? The SW airbox only has a front facing intake pipe and protected by the side fairing. Not much chance for rainwater to get in. For me, response gets better in rain / at night due to cooler / denser air.

i see, hmmm i also doubt the rain can enter the intake just that i find maybe is the rain that is reducing the suction of the amount of air entering to the airbox..

haha that time check le.. still okie.. is stock one..

after rain everything back to normal.. lol :D

That time i did spoke to SW9000 regard this situation, he did say he experience it as well.. anyone does as well?

Edited by confusehaha

common issue, just bear with it lo.. it will goes off sooner or later.. if not u can replace to a thicker bell which the SWT are using which will actually eliminate the pigeon sound..

credit to SW9000 :D

Gear 4th

RODALINK JURONG KECHIL

110 Jalan Jurong Kechil #01-02 Sweebi House, Singapore 598606

Most bicycle will have cages and different brand but price will be different.

http://www.motopark.com.pl/uploads/images/pojazdy/skutery/2009-Majesty-400-ABS-action-01.jpg

Why didn't you use the upper hole on the holder. Less chance of toppling.

I used both the top and bottom clamp bolt. I didn't use the top hole cos it will be too low. The pic is just a show of how I put the spacers (square nuts).

really envy you guys... but too bad very busy looking for a resale flat now.

missed the "sale of balance flat" 3 Apr closing date, dunno MP can help squeeze us in or not :p

The grandfather rock. For Scooby, let the scooby puppies come soon.

not so soon la... no shortgun :lol:

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

first... welcome to the gang :smile:

i am surprised that Ah Swee didn't do the IU if you bought bike from BP, they usually charge abt $165+ separately for the IU plus installation.

like TitanicLexus said, many of (including myself) have the IU placed inside the right hand glove compartment, no brackets required, just have to connect to the ignition power... cheap and nice. reception? it's a proven alternative "spot" :thumb:

you can try going to AC Motor (Kaki Bukit), Ah Choong will be able to help you settle that at a reasonable fee. if not, can try K&T (Ubi area, look for Clifford) or Future (look for Kenny but I dunno whether they have shifted to Bukit Batok or still at Kallang).

whether to use bracket is personal preference, but i strongly advise not to drill holes on the tupperware to mount the bracket.

Tks scoobydoo...

1985 LC 125

1986 LC RD 125 Power valve

1987 LC 350

1988 LC 125

1995 CB 250

1998 Super 4

2000 Hyundai Accent 1.3

2004 Mit Lancer GLX 1.6

2008 Honda civic 2.0 Si (FD2A)

2011 Honda wave 125S

#1...

it is normal for bike to perform slightly differently in the rain (even if airflow is not affected)

* stock air filter made of paper element so airflow is affected when it gets moist (its like the special agents suffocating their suspects with wet towels over their nose in the movies)

* K&N air filter uses the oiled cotton element so "moist block" effect on airflow is less cos its suppose to be "moist" in the first place (needs washing & oiling using K&N recharger kit)

* in the rain, air is very moist (high humidity), thus fuel air mix going into combustion chamber has higher % of water vapor, affecting the burn mix. add a dryer unit? whahahaha

if available, i'ld like to try the stainless steel types like the hurricane air filters i'm using in my car. no paper, no sticky cotton that needs oiling, just plain steel than can be washed with water and blown dry :thumb:

http://www.hurricane-racing.com/Graphics/filter-set.jpg

i ever considered "customising" an air filter by cutting out the paper element of a used stock filter unit, fabricate a mount to hold a suitably sized stainless steel filter and whoala.

anyone has used air filter unit (to be thrown away type) can pass to me?

#2...

we haven't come across someone using open pod filter but there's a simple mod to enhance airflow. some SWingers took out the airflow duct to "enlarge" air supply (see pic 3 below).

doesn't the rubber duct look like... errr... becomes 东方不败 le :lol:

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/josephsbs/Silverwing/AirFilter.jpg?t=1279676319

i've tried this mod (using K&N) and did find some improvement in response, but later put duct back cos prefers a "smoother" SW.

simple mod, can DIY take out and put back if you know how :p

Edited by scoobydoo

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner