SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Suzuki Burgmans Cafe 2014 / 2015

mzlady

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

changed the rollers to new dr.pulley sliders after taking over but vibrate hard and speed drop at same rpm.

within a few days take off sliders, found that all sliders have severely spoilt, quickly changing back to previous stock rollers.

did you install the dr pulley sliders correctly? placed in the wrong orientation will chew the sliders. I ran 22grams sliders w/o problems. pickup @ rpm 6k then drop to 5.5k rpm upon reaching ~105 kmh.

I almost can take out the variators myself, just need to make a good club to hold the plate while screwing out 24mm screws

can buy the electric impact wrench from autobac. runs on the 12v ciggie socket.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

AN650L3 (current): All mod transferred.

SW-T400 (till oct 13): voltmeter, safety features disabled. coocase v36+remote. Adjustable, folding Brake levers. Givi AF318 windshield. on-off switch(pilot light, head light, hazard light), electrical seat unlatch,Dr pulley.

AN400K6 (apr07-dec11): side deflectors, J Costa variator, Dr pulley slider + HiT clutch.

YP250, RVF400/RS250, NSF125.

did you install the dr pulley sliders correctly? placed in the wrong orientation will chew the sliders. I ran 22grams sliders w/o problems. pickup @ rpm 6k then drop to 5.5k rpm upon reaching ~105 kmh.

On the very first day I did see the same improvement u experience.

But 2nd day onwards, the improvement immediately gone and performance worsened by 10% than original stock version.

I read from burgmanusa that the slider could be rotated so I took the effort to go back to shop to place it correctly.

Again it didn't help and a week later the 3rd time when I took the sliders out, bikeshop said they are spoilt.

The correct thing I did is to replace the front variator plates, which increase my speed from 76km/h to 86km/h at 5k rpm and smoothen out alot.

This weekend going to replace the back variator plates.

Maybe those performance parts are not suitable for pre-2007 version?

Edited by byte77

Byte77

Where was the Dr Pulley slider done? Shop?

If the slider is that bad, I have doubt installing it later.

There is only one dr pulley distributor in sg.

If your front variator plate surfaces are significantly not even already, better replace them with stock one first than changing sliders.

$135 only from KS motor.

Edited by byte77

Maybe those performance parts are not suitable for pre-2007 version?

mine was k6, 22gr sliders were installed in 2009. never replaced since. did my own installation following the workshop manual to a T. sorry can't advice further as i never experienced this problem.

AN650L3 (current): All mod transferred.

SW-T400 (till oct 13): voltmeter, safety features disabled. coocase v36+remote. Adjustable, folding Brake levers. Givi AF318 windshield. on-off switch(pilot light, head light, hazard light), electrical seat unlatch,Dr pulley.

AN400K6 (apr07-dec11): side deflectors, J Costa variator, Dr pulley slider + HiT clutch.

YP250, RVF400/RS250, NSF125.

• 2 weeks later...

Changing front variator not only increases speed from 76km/h to 86km/h at same 5k rpm , it also improves fuel economy from 22km/L to 29~30km/L.

Changing back variator is costly, $285, and no significant effects, so everyone can save the $ if you intend to do so.

How's the maintenance cost (EO, gear oil, etc) for Burgman 650? how about replacement of wear and tear parts (e.g. brake pads, tires, etc)? need these information to decide if i should get a fellow forumer's Burgman 650

I upgraded from TA200 to An650 Executive straight. Amazingly comfortable. Went few long trip at north, furthest Penang.

Like other bikes, main concern is to watch your EO level,which this bike comes with a level sensor and sight glass, indicates on dashboard when low. There are 3 areas to change EO; Main Engine, Transmission and Gear Oil, total about 3.6L.

Tires cost me min $300 for both. 3 pairs for Brake pads abt $25/pair. I agree that other parts may be a bit hard to find. There is a Suzuki Dealer shop at Rangoon Road and parts may cost a bit more.

So far, only had 1 engine drop. Cos I abused its Manual-Auto (MA) function. BurgmanUSA states its ok to change while on the move. But after this, I dont think its recommended. Now, I change when I in complete stop and during long overseas trips only. Its been 2.5 years now and no major problems.

Good bike if we dont rev to accelerate. Let the bike slowly to pickup speed and you can enjoy its beauty.

Cheers

hi all, any recommanded motor shop good in burgman servicing & reasonable price?

Guan Hoe at Autobay (kaki bukit) is the only suzuki authorized workshop with certification from suzuki.

The mechanic Albert is very skillful with all suzuki bikes.

And they charge cheaper compared to other bikeshops.

For normal servicing you can do it at other bikeshops.

But for complex troubleshooting or engine oil leakage issue etc serious matter, you must go to them for cheaper cost and better workmanship as they are most knowledgeble in suzuki bikes.

Opening hours: weekday from 9-5pm, saturday 9-1pm.

Tel: 65096328

KS Motor at right hand side of Jalan besar distributes original suzuki parts from japan. Sometimes slightly cheaper than Guan Hoe. You can ask them to order from Japan if the part is not available.

Edited by byte77

Guan Hoe at Autobay (kaki bukit) is the only suzuki authorized workshop with certification from suzuki.

The mechanic Albert is very skillful with all suzuki bikes.

And they charge cheaper compared to other bikeshops.

For normal servicing you can do it at other bikeshops.

But for complex troubleshooting or engine oil leakage issue etc serious matter, you must go to them for cheaper cost and better workmanship as they are most knowledgeble in suzuki bikes.

Opening hours: weekday from 9-5pm, saturday 9-1pm.

Tel: 65096328

KS Motor at right hand side of Jalan besar distributes original suzuki parts from japan. Sometimes even cheaper than Guan Hoe. You can ask them to order from Japan if the part is not available.

Thank you byte77.

I upgraded from TA200 to An650 Executive straight. Amazingly comfortable. Went few long trip at north, furthest Penang.

Like other bikes, main concern is to watch your EO level,which this bike comes with a level sensor and sight glass, indicates on dashboard when low. There are 3 areas to change EO; Main Engine, Transmission and Gear Oil, total about 3.6L.

Tires cost me min $300 for both. 3 pairs for Brake pads abt $25/pair. I agree that other parts may be a bit hard to find. There is a Suzuki Dealer shop at Rangoon Road and parts may cost a bit more.

So far, only had 1 engine drop. Cos I abused its Manual-Auto (MA) function. BurgmanUSA states its ok to change while on the move. But after this, I dont think its recommended. Now, I change when I in complete stop and during long overseas trips only. Its been 2.5 years now and no major problems.

Good bike if we dont rev to accelerate. Let the bike slowly to pickup speed and you can enjoy its beauty.

Cheers

Hi, Can enquire what is the top speed that can go and not shaking when with top box or not?

hi to all bro burgy

my past ride....

Yamaha TZR 125cc, Honda CBR 400cc,Piaggio Skipper,Suzuki Bandit 400cc,Honda Shadow classic 400cc, Honda Super4 spec1 400cc

Honda Deauville 650cc, Honda VFR V-TEC 800cc,Honda Deauville 700cc,Yamaha Majesty 250cc, Gilera runner 200cc,

Piaggio Xevo 400cc , Suzuki Burgman 400cc, Honda NC700x, Tmax 530. Now -F800r

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading the past 15 pages.

Am interested in the K7 onwards (aka MFG YR2007 onwards) series onwards Burgman as my upgrade after my 2A license.

Getting a used Burgman 400 is a rare sight at workshops. Haha.

I'm currently riding a Kymco DownTown 125i.

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

Just did my 10k service at Guan Hoe past few days. They use special tools to open the belt protector cover. Their service more professional than a bike shop at Kallang. At Kallang, they dunno how to take out the cover just simply knock and cut the original cable tie(it can pull) without your permission. 1 of the crew said, "Boss we can't open it, something break or spoiled, we will not responsibility." When i heard, feel angry and i told them fix back everything and will go to Guan Hoe service.

COMMENT: PLEASE BEWARE WHEN SERVICE YOUR BURGMAN AT KALLANG.

Hi guys, I wanted to trade my after market mirror with burgman K8 onwards original mirror.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/Sauyong/2012-02-24-013.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/Sauyong/2012-02-24-010.jpg

Mirror extension not included...

Interested pm me with the condition of your original mirror thks

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif