SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Suzuki Burgmans Cafe 2014 / 2015

mzlady

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riding my bike at expressway running 120km/h, then suddenly power cut off for 3-5 second. When i reach my destination, the bike start to have 'dek dek dek' sound...anyone knows wats the problem??? I ask mechanic, they said piston jam...sianz sia...i just ride for a month n got such problem...any recommendation where to repair and roughly wats the damage? Thanks all...

Riding my bike at expressway running 120km/h, then suddenly power cut off for 3-5 second. When i reach my destination, the bike start to have 'dek dek dek' sound...anyone knows wats the problem??? I ask mechanic, they said piston jam...sianz sia...i just ride for a month n got such problem...any recommendation where to repair and roughly wats the damage? Thanks all...

Wats your mileage? This model will burn engine oil. Have you been checking and topping up engine oil? Usually top up quite alot so if you have not been doing it that get ready to fix it cause i believe it can cause engine to seize

It burns engine oil? I think so...as try change engine oil, flow out the old oil seems like a little less plus very dark...but i just rode for a month and it serviced before i on the road...btw, the mileage already 120k plus liao...my mechanic told me its the piston jam after they opened to check.

Bike is done...after all discount still cost me $400 (U.P: $600+) which the fxxking so call 1 month gaurantee by the bike shop just nice overdue by few days...My mechanic said had change piston block, dunno wat 'top gasket' and block gasket bla bla bla...knn, dunno Suzuki parts so ex...think really must haf a meet-up to share knowledge, dun wanna later ganna 'tok' by workshop...:(

Bike is done...after all discount still cost me $400 (U.P: $600+) which the fxxking so call 1 month gaurantee by the bike shop just nice overdue by few days...My mechanic said had change piston block, dunno wat 'top gasket' and block gasket bla bla bla...knn, dunno Suzuki parts so ex...think really must haf a meet-up to share knowledge, dun wanna later ganna 'tok' by workshop...:(

check your oil level often bro. At least every 500km, in my own experience

Hi Burgman riders, Brembo & myself are organizing a meet up kopi session next Friday across the Causeway at GP Town.

Do join us.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/357621-Meet-Up-Session-For-Scooters-Riders-2012-11-05-2012-2230HRS-%28Friday-Nite%29

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/g-max1881/2009tmax500.jpg

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)

Ah...Friday...got lesson til 2200h...think hard to catch up...

No worries bro, we moving off at 2300hrs. if really need more time, give me a call & can mit us up at GP Esso. We will be stopping by to top up for some bikes.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/g-max1881/2009tmax500.jpg

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)

• 2 weeks later...

greetings to all burgy riders Just completed a trip with a burgy 400K1 2500km. SIN-ALOR SETAR-KRABI-HATYAI-CAMERON-MALACCA-SIN 7 day trip. Cruising speed 110-140km/hr. IMO Thailand road especially the highway is dangerous because they have u turn sections and small roads leading up to the highway. The pattalung -trang stretch has got nice roads but dangerous because no run off area 2 lane road Maybe its mountain road so no place to build. I find the cheapo massage joint (200baht) in hat yai and krabi sucks.Play piano on yr body and always get the fat ones that drop sweat on you when they massage you. When you pay for 2 hr they do it in 1.5 hr and say finish.hotels in krabi are good value for $. service is good too.Petrol in Thailand is near SIN price 1.50 per ltr.(gasohol95) performance with that petrol has no issues with the burgman even though it is mix with other kind of chemicals.Generally the thai roads are good condition. With a aftermarket Givi windscreen u can ride in the rain without getting soaked on the highway but speed must be at least 110.

K1 ? serious? that is like the 1999 production right? wah bro, you went alone or what? i am sure you didnt sleep at cameron, alor setar because then it wouldnt be 7 days. maybe 10. unless from here you rode non stop to krabi and hatyai and then on the way down stopped at the malaysia cities, right? thanks for the write up

greetings to all burgy riders Just completed a trip with a burgy 400K1 2500km. SIN-ALOR SETAR-KRABI-HATYAI-CAMERON-MALACCA-SIN 7 day trip. Cruising speed 110-140km/hr. IMO Thailand road especially the highway is dangerous because they have u turn sections and small roads leading up to the highway. The pattalung -trang stretch has got nice roads but dangerous because no run off area 2 lane road Maybe its mountain road so no place to build. I find the cheapo massage joint (200baht) in hat yai and krabi sucks.Play piano on yr body and always get the fat ones that drop sweat on you when they massage you. When you pay for 2 hr they do it in 1.5 hr and say finish.hotels in krabi are good value for $. service is good too.Petrol in Thailand is near SIN price 1.50 per ltr.(gasohol95) performance with that petrol has no issues with the burgman even though it is mix with other kind of chemicals.Generally the thai roads are good condition. With a aftermarket Givi windscreen u can ride in the rain without getting soaked on the highway but speed must be at least 110.

Burgman is a very hardie bike, only problem with the pre K7 model is to check the oil level if running above 110kmh for a long time as it is known to use up oil. Any running at legal speed in Singapore has no such problem.

Happy to heard another biker on scooter going up to Thailand on the comfortable bike but due to short suspension running on pothole road or unpaved road is very uncomfortable.

K1 ? serious? that is like the 1999 production right? wah bro, you went alone or what? i am sure you didnt sleep at cameron, alor setar because then it wouldnt be 7 days. maybe 10. unless from here you rode non stop to krabi and hatyai and then on the way down stopped at the malaysia cities, right? thanks for the write up

Day 1 go alor setar day2 Krabi Day 3 Krabi Day 4 Hat yai day 5 cameron Day 6 malacca Day 7 Sin If non stop to krabi I mati liao I went to cameron is because of the corners and the cool weather.I went with another biker riding a shadow.But we split up at krabi as he wanted to go chiangmai last i heard he kena accident in bangkok but he is ok.As for me i went back alone without GPS on unchartered territories.Whenever i reach a so call big town i get lost in there have to ask for directions to get out.Lucky for me my ride was smooth all the way except for on the way up to camerons got carried away at the corners back wheel slide but got it back in control a few times.Yes my bike is a 99 bike and it has been with me for 12 years with 65k mileage.

Edited by ZZR600

Burgman is a very hardie bike, only problem with the pre K7 model is to check the oil level if running above 110kmh for a long time as it is known to use up oil. Any running at legal speed in Singapore has no such problem.

Happy to heard another biker on scooter going up to Thailand on the comfortable bike but due to short suspension running on pothole road or unpaved road is very uncomfortable.

Yes you are right must top up EO every 800km because of high speed cruising. But other than that its ok. But for the value of this bike compared to others in the same price range i think this bike is good value and practical.Of course before you go long ride i change new tyres brakes bearings etc..... to make sure no problems.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi fellow Burgies, i wanna do the engine overhaul...any experience shop to recommend and roughly whats the damage?

Guan Hoe at Autobay (kaki bukit) is the only suzuki authorized workshop with certification from suzuki. The mechanic Albert is very skillful with all suzuki bikes. And they charge cheaper compared to other bikeshops. For normal servicing you can do it at other bikeshops. But for complex troubleshooting or engine oil leakage issue etc serious matter, you must go to them for cheaper cost and better workmanship as they are most knowledgeble in suzuki bikes.

Opening hours: weekday from 9-5pm, saturday 9-1pm. Tel: 65096328