SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Diversion 900

Palary

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Custom

• SiLvErGhOsT

• mctan

• Heyrul77

Just for info,

About TPS(throttle position sensor) the throttle position sensor is mounted on the outside of the left hand side of the carburetor and is keyed to the throttle shaft. The sensor provides the ignition control unit with information on the throttle position and rate of opening and closing.

When the ignition is 1st switched ON, or while the engine is running, the throttle position sensor perform its own self diagnosis in the event of failure or faulty wiring. When a fault occurs, the tachometer will be seen to display zero rpm for 3sec then 10,000 rpm for 2.5sec, then the actual engine speed for 3 sec, whereupon it will repeat the cycle until the engine is switched off.

silverghost :-)

Good Info. So after the diagnose run by itself and the rider totally has no clue about the the bike problem, he should send the bike to the agent for further diagnose?

Just to clarify,Self-diagnose means you dun have to do any troubleshooting at all as everything has been taken care of...(for wiring problems only)?

The Road-Sweeper

Good Info. So after the diagnose run by itself and the rider totally has no clue about the the bike problem, he should send the bike to the agent for further diagnose?

Just to clarify,Self-diagnose means you dun have to do any troubleshooting at all as everything has been taken care of...(for wiring problems only)?

Hi BA,

Yes for the 2nd question. as long as the rpm meter shows ( the warning signs)keep a track on it see if the problem persist bring to HL so the technician can do more diagnosis.

As for the 1st question, the self diagnosis run by itself and no worries bro...

Even though the the TPS is faulty or due to some other wiring fault's the bike still can be ridden with its basic pre-setting only. you will be losing the bike performance. As for the TPS it cost about $170/- at HL, I've order it.

Silverghost...:-]

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Hi Buggers,

I guess some of you still wondering what happen to the diversion site- Yes I when thru few times still wondered too.

Any way Haroze is letting go-parting of his diversion... Anybody interested???

He is getting XJR13 bigger CC...

He is selling his Bra- I mean the tank Bra(black) interested buggers contact him.

Silverghost...:-]

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Mean machine for a big man like Haroze,unfortunately i'm too skinny for a 1300cc,hekehe. All the best for you Bro Haroze!

>McTan

......finally got your white "cat" huh.Nice..:)

The rest of the buggers seems veeeery quiet, what happen to Swift, Custom, Scudz and the rest ....?

The Road-Sweeper

Mean machine for a big man like Haroze,unfortunately i'm too skinny for a 1300cc,hekehe. All the best for you Bro Haroz....?

Hi BA,

Haroze collected is XJR13 already.

He is selling the Tank Bra for $80/- black colour interested party can call him.

silverghost :-]

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Hello Diversions..am just wondering if any of u have any idea where to get the strobe lights used on emergency vehicles like Police,ambulances or of any kind? those colored strong blinking lights..to be used on my bike Front n back.

Will be used for Touring purposes only.

tried scouting ard at Sim Lim tower but dun have..heard there's a shop in Tuas doing it..

Any ideas to which location in SINGAPORE shops doing tis guys? appreciate any kind help..

Btw my truly humble apologies for intruding in this thread..

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens5271672module39663012photo_12448116942008-BMW-R1200GS-Adventureb-small.jpg

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

I have some stickers & decals still available for those interested.

(D) Decals = $4.50 each

(S) Stickers = $4.00 each

Forget to mention that the price are reduced as there is a shop that quote me lower.

The Road-Sweeper

Hi Kazky,

I used to have strobe lights before,bought it at sim lim tower but it's very difficult to get anymore-no longer selling.

Furthermore strobe lights are not as good as LED. Even at night,while touring in the highways of Malaysia, the flashings are like disco lights instead of "warning" lights. Finally, I removed them from my bike since I barely go touring anymore.

Suggestion to you, DIY a high intensity strong LED with blinking electronic circuits running on 12v DC on your bike with switch controls. You can get the parts at Sim Lim Tower. Most probably cost less than $40 in total.

If you got no clue on electronic jargons, you can ask the shop to do it for you (try your luck and be ready to pay extra). Or order it on the net,price is very hefty.

Hope my contribution helps...your intrusion in this thread pose no problem and you are most welcome.

The Road-Sweeper

Hi Buggers,

Haroze is very excited with his Blue XJR13 that comes with white sporting strips that has an ex-up system, he retain back his ex-number plate... let him say a few words after he had run-in the bike.

so guys is there any meet ups lately...it has been some time that I have meet you buggers...

Silverghost...;-]

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Hi Guys, just for sharing. Some of us may forget that we are recommended to pick up a fallen bike in a safe way. As age gets older,we might want to keep our spinal cords in working condition.

For heavy beast tourer -this is the correct technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsdzdm35lbI

The Road-Sweeper

Hi Kazky,

I used to have strobe lights before,bought it at sim lim tower but it's very difficult to get anymore-no longer selling.

Furthermore strobe lights are not as good as LED. Even at night,while touring in the highways of Malaysia, the flashings are like disco lights instead of "warning" lights. Finally, I removed them from my bike since I barely go touring anymore.

Suggestion to you, DIY a high intensity strong LED with blinking electronic circuits running on 12v DC on your bike with switch controls. You can get the parts at Sim Lim Tower. Most probably cost less than $40 in total.

If you got no clue on electronic jargons, you can ask the shop to do it for you (try your luck and be ready to pay extra). Or order it on the net,price is very hefty.

Hope my contribution helps...your intrusion in this thread pose no problem and you are most welcome.

the strobe light are now fixed with LED's if im not mistaken..hmm,the sim lim shop can do it for me is it? no harm asking again hope its worth it and not too expensive.and of coz to make it waterproof as well.

Really appreciate the good info BlackAngel.

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens5271672module39663012photo_12448116942008-BMW-R1200GS-Adventureb-small.jpg

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

Dear Bike Teams & Riders,

We are organising the "Bikers Charity Concert" on Saturday, 23rd August 2008 in Hougang Stadium.

The charity concert is to help raise-fund for welfare homes under the care of well-known Non-Profitable Missionary, Jamiyah singapore.

During the event, there are various stalls and booths of motorcycles display and products including accessories, apparel, food and many more.

So, this event is open to the members of the public and also to all the Non-Muslim bike teams members and riders to join in the fun and convoy ride together to the Hougang stadium on the actual day of the event.

For the Non-Muslim bike teams members or riders will only have to pay a fee of S$25.00 and will received as follows:

1. Event T-Shirt

2. Sticker

3. $10.00 worth of Call-Back Phone Card (Limited to first 500 participants)

4. Wrist Tag (Indenfication to Free Entrance into the stadium)

The above gifts are limited and will be given to early bird registration.

On top of the above souvenirs, you might also received some voucher (to be confirmed).

The management of Jamiyah has agreed that the age limit for Muslim people to enter the stadium for the concert is as follows:

1. Age 3 years old and below is Free entrance

2. Age 4 to 16 years old, minimum donation is $25.00

3. Age 17 years old and above, minimum donation is $40.00 unless sign GIRO form

Regardless race, language or religious, we are still brothers and sisters in the bike community, so, let join the fun as a spirit of "Bikers"..

The Road-Sweeper

bro,got any idea where to get the front 2 LED strobes shown on the Diversion? really hard to get 1 even so at SLT.

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

Sorry bro,I dun know where to find those ready made strobe either. Those people who made these kinda things are mostly DIY-ed.

Btw those pics aren't local,so to obtain em is most likely from overseas. Most of the shops in SLT have LED (light emitting diode) but strobe lights are rare.

Strobe lights are special types of light bulb used for camera flash,speed camera,ambulance blinker etc. Those "flash starter" type are the ones which are expensive and may fetch up to a price of $500 and above.

Since the "lights" are used for touring purposes and where day time aren't really noticeable to the eyes, I suggest LED are suitable.

The Road-Sweeper

HI guys,

Long time never meet up.

Topup plus supper at 4040

30th Aug, Sat at 2200hrs

Meet at GP Petronas.

1. bats

2. Dahun

3. mctan

Bring White card...

mctan