SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA150

Kevs

Folks,

This is a section dedicated for the TA150, 2 stroke owners.

I appeal for those who have knowledge & understanding on 2 stroke engines to help out on this thread.

Those who have chosen TA150 and may have any enquires on this bike, may post in here.

Anyone with queries or doubts, feel free to drop me a PM.

Cheers!

KeV

Edited by Kev's

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.southernskies.net/page_pics/miss/two-stroke_c.gif

TA150 Owner's Manual:

TA150(Part 1) & TA150(Part 2) Owner's Manual

(*Credits to Kiamh)

~- Reserved -~

Edited by Kev's

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

1st of all, thanks to Kev for creating this thread. Im a TA150 rider. i have a few questions i wanna ask regarding the maintenance of this bike.

1. How do i know when it is time to wash the carb?

2. What spark plug should i use? (currently using NGK R plug) Is denso iridium plug a overkill?

3. issit neccessary to decarbonize the exhaust pipe?

4. What tires are recommended for phantom? im thinking of metzeler tires.

5. When do i need to flush the radiator?

pls do help answer my questions if you are able to. Many thanks.

i find that TA150 is a great bike. other than additonal maintenance to take care of. i really love the power i have. I just don understand why the value of this bike is so low despite it being a good bike. no offence to the TA200 riders, we are still phantoms arent we? i find TA150 a better bike and i wouldnt exchange one for a TA200.

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

Yes,i myself find it a good bike still riding it and not giving me any major problem it will be 10 year old next july and i going to renew for another 10 year.It maybe because of the design or the shape of the bike and the value that turn other rider away maybe we can find out how many more rider still riding this bike and exchange ideas on how to maintain it.The question being posted by ahcaibiker is good me myself still looking for the answer i have read on the maintance and price repair for the phantom but more of it is on PHANTOM TA200,many tks for keV's for starting the tread and all i can said it L.L TA150.Tks

1st of all, thanks to Kev for creating this thread. Im a TA150 rider. i have a few questions i wanna ask regarding the maintenance of this bike.

2. What spark plug should i use? (currently using NGK R plug) Is denso iridium plug a overkill?

i find that TA150 is a great bike. other than additonal maintenance to take care of. i really love the power i have. I just don understand why the value of this bike is so low despite it being a good bike. no offence to the TA200 riders, we are still phantoms arent we? i find TA150 a better bike and i wouldnt exchange one for a TA200.

1) not too sure.. but i guess if your bike suddenly isn't as smooth.. or fc getting worse.. then maybe visit your friendly bikeshop and ask the mech wheres the problem.

i myself nv really wash carb during my 3yrs of ownership

2) i been using normal spark plug and it works fine.. iridium spark plug not really necessary..

3) also not really necessary.. unless a mech advised you to..

once in a while high rev @ lower gears to "clear carbon" lo..

4) you be fine with metzeler tires.. just dun use the stock one or iirc ones..

5) when you see your bike overheating too easily.. open the coolant cap to see if there are coolant left..

usually i will ask bike shop to check if there are things wrong with my bike.. been doing servicing @ planet.. if things are not spolit or broken, they wun ask me to change for the sake of changing..

(\__/)

(='.'=) This is Bunny. Paste bunny into

(")_(") your sig to help him gain world domination

clearing exhaust carbon...just think after thousands of sitting and using your loo...is it time for a pipe cleanup/change??

i believe your bike needs that too...u may want to do it regularly..once u realise how good your bike is after cleaning...

yeah..i diy in pipe cleaning...all foc..hahahha

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

somehow the bike value is low...because this is not a sexy bike..associated with.._____

u fill in the blanks...maybe u can get the answer.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

;5531270']1) not too sure.. but i guess if your bike suddenly isn't as smooth.. or fc getting worse.. then maybe visit your friendly bikeshop and ask the mech wheres the problem.

i myself nv really wash carb during my 3yrs of ownership

2) i been using normal spark plug and it works fine.. iridium spark plug not really necessary..

3) also not really necessary.. unless a mech advised you to..

once in a while high rev @ lower gears to "clear carbon" lo..

4) you be fine with metzeler tires.. just dun use the stock one or iirc ones..

5) when you see your bike overheating too easily.. open the coolant cap to see if there are coolant left..

usually i will ask bike shop to check if there are things wrong with my bike.. been doing servicing @ planet.. if things are not spolit or broken, they wun ask me to change for the sake of changing..

why are IRC tires lousy? my rear tire is currently IRC as it came with the bike when i took over. condition looks gd so wanna use it till its botak then change to metzeler. recently changed my front tire to dunlop. is dunlop good? and what does the "90/80/17" mean?

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

Hi, recently just did a overhual on my phantom ta150, and finished running in. But i get to notice that black oil is leaking out of my exhuast pipe when park there after some while.

Is it normal, because i saw quite some other's friends bike also having the same problem.

Edited by Kev's

it could be a case off too much 2T...2t pump setting high..

possibly of eo getting pass your rings...overfill eo...

Edited by Kev's

juz took over TA150 recently.. FR plate... there's a oil indicator on the speedo meter.. but it nvr seems to light up.. even when i use up my main tank and run quite a dist on the reserve tank.. is it for fuel or others? how to check if it's working? it would be handy if it is an indicator for fuel..

hello fellow rider.

1. When your bike feels sluggish

2. Plugs, oils etc are always on debate. If you can afford it, go for it.

3. Once in a blue moon and depends on your own bike.

4. I prefer city demon compared to metzelers.(rain and vibration) Soft compound IRC(NOT STOCK) if on budget. Reccomend HKL Bukit merah.

5. No comments.

I do agree that ta150 is a more powerful bike.

However,

Ta200 is cleaner to run, better fc, better resale value and less things to do at the workshop(time)

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

juz took over TA150 recently.. FR plate... there's a oil indicator on the speedo meter.. but it nvr seems to light up.. even when i use up my main tank and run quite a dist on the reserve tank.. is it for fuel or others? how to check if it's working? it would be handy if it is an indicator for fuel..

its not for fuel.

if i am not wrong, its for EO or 2T.. ( i cant remember.. but i think its for 2T)

how to check if its working? mine nv once light up during my 3 yrs of ownership.. maybe coz i topup 2T regularly and service my bike when its due for servicing.

(\__/)

(='.'=) This is Bunny. Paste bunny into

(")_(") your sig to help him gain world domination

Hi, recently just did a overhual on my phantom ta150, and finished running in. But i get to notice that black oil is leaking out of my exhuast pipe when park there after some while.

Is it normal, because i saw quite some other's friends bike also having the same problem.

it could be a case off too much 2T...2t pump setting high..

possibly of eo getting pass your rings...overfill eo...

Shifted here. :smile:

Disclaimer:

someone ask...when do i need to flush radiator??

i would say once every 50,00 km..or even once100,00km. your pick..

as with most things we know we should do it..but somehow the law of procrastination prevails...until the problem arises and grabs all the attentions...IMHO.

why are IRC tires lousy? my rear tire is currently IRC as it came with the bike when i took over. condition looks gd so wanna use it till its botak then change to metzeler. recently changed my front tire to dunlop. is dunlop good? and what does the "90/80/17" mean?

1set of number 90 means the width of the tires in mm, 2nd set is the height of the sidewall in relative to the width in percentage or in mm (cant rmb le) 3rd set is the overall radius of the tyre in inches...

2T run low it'll light up, light too long nv do anything, overhaul le...best to open and check see whether the bulb is a working one, if not, u'll get problems later if there's a real need to top up if ur those lazy one that relies on the light...

Cheerios

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

2T run low it'll light up, light too long nv do anything, overhaul le...best to open and check see whether the bulb is a working one, if not, u'll get problems later if there's a real need to top up if ur those lazy one that relies on the light...

Cheerios

thx bro.. now i noe wat's that indicator for... think i overfilled my 2t.. green solutions leaking from the 2t container... but the consumption of 2t for my bike is very low... been pumping 5-6 times of petrol but haven even use up 1 litre of 2T... is this considered too little?

it depends on ur mileage consumption... it's months for me b4 i need to topup.

open the oval chrome pc on the left to check if it is low, since u not sure indicator light is working or not.

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

Hi guys, I'm gonna be the new owner of a TA150, and it's gonna be my first bike. May I know what is the water thing at the front? The previous owner said it's not necessary to top up the water. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

June 2009 to July 2009: Honda Phantom TA150

July 2009 to May 2010: Honda XL200

March 2011 to June 2011: Honda XL600

June 2011 till date: Honda Super Blackbird CBR1100XX

Hi guys, I'm gonna be the new owner of a TA150, and it's gonna be my first bike. May I know what is the water thing at the front? The previous owner said it's not necessary to top up the water. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

Knock his head and ask him go fly kite.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

my speedometer speed needle has gone haywire, even when moving very slowy, the needle will jump around the 140kmh to 180kmh range, very jumpy, sometimes even though im stationary, the needle is at 80kmh. i suspect it is the speedo unit faulty. issit possible to repair the unit or do i have to change the whole unit? i found a 2nd hand speedo unit at planet but it costs $45 and the condition doesnt look very good.... find it kinda expensive for a not so gd looking 2nd hand speedometer...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)