SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

Hi bros,

Got a 4th hand phantom TA200, with about a yr COE left. I bought in this forum as well.. Got a side scratch from a mini accident before, and the parts slightly rusted.

As I seldom ride(as in VERY seldom)... thinking of selling it off. Dunno if people here would still want the bike though? how much would it fetch at bike shop and what price can i ask for if i sell here? appreciate all inputs!:p

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi bros,

Got a 4th hand phantom TA200, with about a yr COE left. I bought in this forum as well.. Got a side scratch from a mini accident before, and the parts slightly rusted.

As I seldom ride(as in VERY seldom)... thinking of selling it off. Dunno if people here would still want the bike though? how much would it fetch at bike shop and what price can i ask for if i sell here? appreciate all inputs!:p

Hello checked for you with a bike shop i frequent, 1 year left will probably take in 150-250, 300 tops estimated IF they want to take in at all, this bike shop will not want, but estimated around that price. when mentioned scratch and rust, he said still have to see how but advise to try private seller or scrap, the look on the recipient's face indicated that they probably won't take in after all

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

Hello checked for you with a bike shop i frequent, 1 year left will probably take in 150-250, 300 tops estimated IF they want to take in at all, this bike shop will not want, but estimated around that price. when mentioned scratch and rust, he said still have to see how but advise to try private seller or scrap, the look on the recipient's face indicated that they probably won't take in after all

wahhhh so cheap! ok thanks anyway!

hi all,

I just bought a Phantom TA200 from Leong Seng off Alexandra. I am a new rider with no previous experience with bikes whatsoever and I dont really know any others around who have riding experience.

Now I am a bit concerned about my purchase. I was given 2 weeks as a warranty period. After riding for about 2 days now, the bike seems fine to me but the odometer is clearly way off proportion ( tells me I've run like 60km when i couldn't possibly have run over 20) and I can hear a rattling sometimes at higher gears.

Not really sure what to do about it as I dont really know who to trust...

so I was wondering if there are any experts out here who could take it out for a spin and let me know if they thought anything was of concern...

Would really appreciate the help.

Hello first of, congrats...

Jtzx! sounds like an upcoming bike wash to help diagnoise this problem.....

Kenny!! where all the knights sia! come come..... lets contribute!

odo doesn't seem to be a critical problem, rattling at higher gears ar... it might be normal if its your chain.. .leong seng is the deep inside corner corner shop is it?

And where do you stay brother?

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

2 choices for you bro.. welcome to the phantom family ;D

A. bring your bike to "planet motors" and let the boss name "ah Chong" to test ride. His quite well known in the forum and biking world.. WOnt carrot chop your $$ too..

B. let any of us test ride. "if you trust us"

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Thanks for the responses guys.

Leong Seng is the one on bukit merah lane 2 (not the corner one but abt the 3rd shop from the intersection of lane 1. here is the gmaps st view link - http://bit.ly/cnAdiK )

I'm cool with letting anyone with some experience trying it out as long as its not the salesperson. haha. Just wanna figure out if all is well before the warranty runs out.

I'm around the Pasir Panjang area - any of you guys around here? and where is this 'Planet Motors' place?

Thanks!

thanks for your response!

leong seng is the one on bukit merah lane 2 - its abt the 3rd shop on the right from the lane 1 intersection.

i live around pasir panjang - im cool with anyone trying out the bike and giving me some feedback before the warranty period ends - just as long as its not the sales person. haha

so any of you guys in the area?

nr heard of that shop before.. most of us active dudes lives at the West ( jurong area€) , East ( tampines ) and central ( bishan ) ;D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Hello sss88, i think best thing would be to bring down to planet motors, because

A) He's a well known and experienced mechanic especially in dealing with phantoms

B) He is not a shark in bloody waters..

Its at ubi ave 2, blk 3007 I THINK... not too sure, but these numbers appear in my head.. =P Might wanna try the forums search feature instead..

He willl be able to give an accurate assessment of your bike.

Hello sss88, i think best thing would be to bring down to planet motors, because

A) He's a well known and experienced mechanic especially in dealing with phantoms

B) He is not a shark in bloody waters..

Its at ubi ave 2, blk 3007 I THINK... not too sure, but these numbers appear in my head.. =P Might wanna try the forums search feature instead..

He willl be able to give an accurate assessment of your bike.

its ubi road 1, block 3007, and should be 01-430... :cheeky:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

cool!!! i'm waiting for ah Chong to scrap phantom so that i can steal their headlight ;D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

The sale guy quoted me ard $220 for Komine SA-206. Just managed to browse 1 of the topic in sgbikes regarding saddlebags...Looks like Komine SA-206 cannot be LOCKED!!!!! OMG.....think I need to go down to motoworld and take a 2nd look.

Been riding my TA200 for about 3 weeks now. I really love it and it's my first bike. I have not done anything to it other than put saddle bags.

I've not seen any leather saddlebags in Motoworld, only those non-leather material which I don't think looks nice on our Phantoms. I eventually bought mine from Ah Boy for $110. It looks nice... hope to take a photo soon and post here.

My headlights also very dim, but don't know if it's the headlights or my battery going to die soon. Will bring to planet soon for checkup.

Saddlebags can also be easily cut. Not a good choice if the intention is for security of your helmet.

True. I'm still figuring out how to solve this problem without having to mount a box at the back of my bike. My co and I are currently using pretty "affordable" helmets and I am currently using a bicycle lock for the helmets so I don't need to carry them around. Scared to upgrade to better helmets since no proper security for my helmets.

True. I'm still figuring out how to solve this problem without having to mount a box at the back of my bike. My co and I are currently using pretty "affordable" helmets and I am currently using a bicycle lock for the helmets so I don't need to carry them around. Scared to upgrade to better helmets since no proper security for my helmets.

I just ordered a saddlebag as shown in the link. Very cheap so would not be too heart pain if kana "cut" by others. hopefully can received the item by this Fri and install it by Sat. ^.^

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5710570061&cm_cat=50034829

WOw you are one brave soul, ordering stuff from China, do let me know how it works out ya, it actually looks quite good

WOw you are one brave soul, ordering stuff from China, do let me know how it works out ya, it actually looks quite good

No worries, there are dozens of Singapore agents that will help you to order stuff from China websites like TaoBao and offer cheaper airfreight rates. I alos hope that it turns out well ^.^. Maybe I will post some pics after I installed it. cheers