SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

Hi all,

I've recently gotten my phantom after passing somewhere in mid July.

Prob here is that recently when ever I ride my bike, say even for a short distance ... and I stop & park my bike, I smell this like dry burning smell around the engine or front tyre .... currently it's not emitting any smoke but I would appreciate any help ! thanks !!! :cheeky:

It's a TA200 btw : )

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all PKs recently when i trying to start my bike, it does not crank bt instead click click click. i checked my battery is fine, spark plug no problem. so im wondering is it the starter carbon? may i noe where is it located so i can do some diy cleaning. went to ah koon he look at it and say dun noe wat nd to change(din manage to catch wat he saying bt heard him say $45. haha).

for me.. the smell was the EO.. ur engine might be running too lean, thus ur engine is super HOT! had that prob wen i first got mine too...

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Ultimate cure..... Visit Dr Chong!! Free test ride! Planet makes your worries go away!

(advertising omg)

I think the smell is not a problem. Once in a while i smell something burning too. But so far i didn't have any problem

Mine is scary - does not exhibit any symptoms when running lean/hot other than a trademark "supercharged" noise at high power. Have to pat the engine cover to check temperature once in a while. She actually hates rich settings with a vengeance so I leave it hot. Hot wife = good!

Hi all, i trying to DIY can spraying for my rear fender.

currently i removed the seat and the side rack bolts, the rear fender is moveable but refuse to move out..

would like to know what else do i need to remove , hence i can remove the whole rear fender out.

big thank you in advance :)

Hi all, i trying to DIY can spraying for my rear fender.

currently i removed the seat and the side rack bolts, the rear fender is moveable but refuse to move out..

would like to know what else do i need to remove , hence i can remove the whole rear fender out.

big thank you in advance :)

if im not wrg there is also another screw below the battery

1) any mods which make bike engine softer? i know that softer = less safe because other vehicles cannot hear you coming, etc. but still... just wondering if have. exhaust pipe? :/

2) what's the purpose of a bullet headlight? :/

thanks in advance guys! :D

1) any mods which make bike engine softer? i know that softer = less safe because other vehicles cannot hear you coming, etc. but still... just wondering if have. exhaust pipe? :/

1. I doubt it can be anymore quieter...

2. purely ornamental purposes

:cheers:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

Found a way to make the engine run 'silently' at idling and low load 2 months ago. Now doing the same silent running/enhanced torque settings for Phantoms in my outing group.

Purrs like a Wave FI, stings like half a super four :p

Found a way to make the engine run 'silently' at idling and low load 2 months ago. Now doing the same silent running/enhanced torque settings for Phantoms in my outing group.

Purrs like a Wave FI, stings like half a super four :p

how do u do that man? i only know how to adjust the idling knob. that's about it... when throttling, still loud. :/

hi guys my dad's bike got a problem. on tuesday when he tried to start the bike after work, he could not start it. he was surprised such ting could happen cuz he was able to ride to work in the morning although he found it abit hard to start the bike. he called me and i went to his rescue. the bike has totally no lights at all, neutral light and even the headlight, so i presumed his bike ran out of battery. i fetched him to ah boy and bought a battery. we went b and input the batt. runs gd. tot all was fine liao.

just now when he wana left house again, he found it hard to start the bike. eventually the bike couldnt start at all. lights seems weak too. so battery runs out within 3 days??? i went down and tried to push start it too, but it wont start. so i believe is other electrical problem right? issit CDI? alternator? rectifier? regulator? i seriously not sure. hope you guys can enlighten me too cuz my dad needs his bike to work. thanks.

ps. he has a alarm on the bike which i dont understand why he install it. -_-" could it be the problem? besides he told me ytd morning and this morning he found it abit hard to start the bike too, but he did not take it to heart. also he realised he has to rev higher at 1st gear biting point at times, if not he will feel like the bike is dying.

spark plugs, air filter, coolant, engine oil & oil filter, OWS flush, front forks, front wheel bearing, brake pads, brake fluid, alarm, carb washed, steering cone, rear brake light, fuel filter, jets, front tyre, dyna carb tuning, rear tyre, rear tyre inner tubing, rear wheel bearing, fuel tubing, alternator, rectifier, battery, valve clearance/top overhaul, chain & sprocket.

I cannot do any electrical DIY (don't ask me to try:P) but I think some loose wire is grounding or shorting the system causing battery to be drained fast.

Also try and check the bike's charging circuit - cars have alternator, bikes have various types of magneto-clutch (for 2 strokes) or other types of generators to power their systems and accessories too.

Best bet is throw the bike to shop let them settle. I never dare to install any aftermarket electrics because of this sort of risk.

Phantom Knights with alarms installed include @kmjoe , and @pureice68 . They may have some tips for you as they do have electrical knowhow.

if u could not push start...and battery drain...this most probably your charging circuit is a problem..

if u think alarm is causing problem..disable this and get bike started first....

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

I suggest you disconnect the alarm first, (DIY, no need money) because my bike also experienced similar problem after I installed some LED lights, at one point, it was so bad that even my horn cannot sound. Push start every stop. Now that the lights are offline, and after riding a few days, the battery's charged up.Start everytime, and all the electricals are working.

If that doesn't work, then change the alternator. (cost money)

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Is it normal that the engine oil dries up? I am using chex 9000 fully synthetic, and i have just changed my EO 3 weeks back and today when i checked the EO level, the stick cant even reach the level of EO meaning its either no EO or very little. So i went to planet to change EO and found that only around 200ml or less remaining.

There's no leakage from the bottom. But fully synthetic will vaporize?

*I don't entertain bullsh*t