SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anyone know if ah koon opens on deepavali? My headlights blown lo.. need to get it replaced. want to get the brigher one.

no idea... why don't you give him a call...? if not, there is always lim ah boy who is open 364 days a year...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

Hi guys, just wondering again. Can the seat cover be replaced? Saw one phantom with its cover all torn up(leather) exposing some sponge alr.

2B - 29 December 2010, one time pass

2A - On going...

4 May 2011 to August 2011 - Honda NSR150SP

21 July 2012 - Honda Phantom TA200

http://thrumylensontwowheels.blogspot.sg/

Nikon D5000 | AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6G VR | Vitacon 67mm UV Filter | Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash | Yongnuo Speedlight YN560

Hi guys, just wondering again. Can the seat cover be replaced? Saw one phantom with its cover all torn up(leather) exposing some sponge alr.

of course! just like any other bike... :cheers:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

of course! just like any other bike... :cheers:

I see. Hehe cant wait to pass my licence. >

2B - 29 December 2010, one time pass

2A - On going...

4 May 2011 to August 2011 - Honda NSR150SP

21 July 2012 - Honda Phantom TA200

http://thrumylensontwowheels.blogspot.sg/

Nikon D5000 | AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6G VR | Vitacon 67mm UV Filter | Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash | Yongnuo Speedlight YN560

Hihi. Just bought my phantom few weeks ago. I love it!!!. As I suspected, a relax ride. Just a question, is it possible to find a chrome gearbox cover??? If yes where can I buy it?? There are some minor rust here and there, if possible I would like to noe where to get chrome gear/brake lever, sissy bar etc. Many thks for those who can help me. Cheers

ohh btw, just went to motoworld and look at some of the saddlebags while looking for another new FF helmet. Managed to find 1 saddle bag Komine SA 206 that can fit 1 FF helmet when extend to full capacity. Any of u guys fitted ur phantom with that saddlebag?? It looks great to me. Maybe will buy it next payday.

ohh btw, just went to motoworld and look at some of the saddlebags while looking for another new FF helmet. Managed to find 1 saddle bag Komine SA 206 that can fit 1 FF helmet when extend to full capacity. Any of u guys fitted ur phantom with that saddlebag?? It looks great to me. Maybe will buy it next payday.

how much was the saddlebag u saw? thinking of getting one too =)

Class 3 - 29 May 2009

Class 2B -10 May 2010

Class 2A - 30 June 2011

2010-2011 Phantom 150

2011- Now GSR400

The sale guy quoted me ard $220 for Komine SA-206. Just managed to browse 1 of the topic in sgbikes regarding saddlebags...Looks like Komine SA-206 cannot be LOCKED!!!!! OMG.....think I need to go down to motoworld and take a 2nd look.

The sale guy quoted me ard $220 for Komine SA-206. Just managed to browse 1 of the topic in sgbikes regarding saddlebags...Looks like Komine SA-206 cannot be LOCKED!!!!! OMG.....think I need to go down to motoworld and take a 2nd look.

Saddlebags can also be easily cut. Not a good choice if the intention is for security of your helmet.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Hihi. Just bought my phantom few weeks ago. I love it!!!. As I suspected, a relax ride. Just a question, is it possible to find a chrome gearbox cover??? If yes where can I buy it?? There are some minor rust here and there, if possible I would like to noe where to get chrome gear/brake lever, sissy bar etc. Many thks for those who can help me. Cheers

To get chrome gearbox / engine cover you need to send your part down for electroplating (the workshop's name is Star Electroplating if I'm not wrong). I was quoted $400 for a full chrome package that took about 2 weeks to complete (lots of small parts), and this resulted in...

06062010(015).jpg

You sent those original plastic parts for re-chroming? With all due respect, that sounds like BS to me.

Plastic can't be chrome plated.

Simple photography of light reflection in plastic chrome. Any clean Phantom can do that.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Sensitive, aren't we. Perhaps I started off on the wrong foot.

I've seen the part of your bike that is relevant to this discussion as posted in this thread above.

I find it odd that your plastic bits shine more than your engine covers. So are your engine covers chromed?

Plastic can't be chrome plated and your plastic bits look stock, with the stock shine in light.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

To get chrome gearbox / engine cover you need to send your part down for electroplating (the workshop's name is Star Electroplating if I'm not wrong). I was quoted $400 for a full chrome package that took about 2 weeks to complete (lots of small parts), and this resulted in...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182023[/ATTACH]

Woah $400.....think I will skip until I get class 2A ^.^b