SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

recently i went to my mechanic to replace cam chain tensioner and clutch plate.

the mech says that the engine of ta200 is similar to that of xr200, and so he uses xr200 cam chain tensioner.

also, he advice me to top up 2l of engine oil, reason being that xr200 requires 1.8l of engine oil, and therefore ta200 also need as much engine oil.

bike seems ok so far. any comments?

+2 here

Phantom normally add one bottle already enough... our engine oil cap is only 1.2l

Please do either see a mech, or release some oil yourself.... What excellent reasoning is that, Xr uses 1.8 therefore ta uses 2l..............

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys.. i have a red LED strip that i plan to fix at the baseplate of my topbox which activates wen i press the brake.. but which wire shud i fix it to? i see behind the rear lights.. there is 2 wires.. 1 brown n 1 green.. since the brake light is a dual-filament, i suppose 1 is for the running light, the other for the brake.. so which shud i tap onto?

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

guys.. i have a red LED strip that i plan to fix at the baseplate of my topbox which activates wen i press the brake.. but which wire shud i fix it to? i see behind the rear lights.. there is 2 wires.. 1 brown n 1 green.. since the brake light is a dual-filament, i suppose 1 is for the running light, the other for the brake.. so which shud i tap onto?

actually there is 3...the 3rd ground wire is grounded via the lamp holder...the other 2 is live for running light and brake..

just do a test...dont need to ask..check it out yourself..

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

actually there is 3...the 3rd ground wire is grounded via the lamp holder...the other 2 is live for running light and brake..

just do a test...dont need to ask..check it out yourself..

alrite.. will mess around wif it soon.. :) thanks!

Hi guys, recently i realise my bike chain is loose, so i went to a motordiam to get it done, they show me the chain already CMI, tighten also bo use. like tio over stretch le, advise me to change a new chain which cost 100buck, can i know roughly how much does a ta200 chain cost? any motordiam to recommend?

wat chain r they chging it to? cux if its O-ring or X-ring + sprockets... the market price is ard $150-$180... if jux normal heavy-duty chain, shud be less than $100 wif sprockets.. recommended wud be unique.. i trust them cux they dun hv "according to mood" pricings.. their pricings are fixed.. :) but of cux most PK recommened planet lar.. but for me, im in d west.. quite far to travel to ubi..

If so , how much does a new one cost?

if not msitaken, last i remember, when i was shopping around for a phantom, a shop did mention that can get in brand new the custom 4 flame edition

But that was over 2 years ago, the bike price alone was 6.8k.

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

My bike sometimes got problem shifting down to 1st gear when stopping. Ah Chong change the clutch cable already. What needs to be done

and how much approx?

u juz need to get use to changing to 1st gear before stopping, cuz all bikes irregardless of make and model always have this problem because of constant meshing...

unless ur saying getting into gear 1 from neutral u got problem...wat i would suggest is this, change EO oil if its due, cuz of the sludge built up thereby causing poor gear shifting, 2nd adjust the free play of your clutch lever...

Hi those anyone know who can help fix batt problem like clear inpuries and at the same time help charge is it ? for free ?

anyone know pls pm me his IGN can thanks alotz..

wa rau...very babelfish leh chris...

are u saying wat can clear the oxidisation on the battery terminal? and whether shop can do it and charge your batt at the same time?

ans is....depends on the relationship u have with the bike shop...but they might charge for free of charge a few dollars for labour...suggest u start to cosy up to ppl who have battery charger at home...so u can DIY remove the oxidisation and and let your good fren charge for you...

how to remove is simple...google "how to remove calcium on battery terminal"....

recently i went to my mechanic to replace cam chain tensioner and clutch plate.

the mech says that the engine of ta200 is similar to that of xr200, and so he uses xr200 cam chain tensioner.

also, he advice me to top up 2l of engine oil, reason being that xr200 requires 1.8l of engine oil, and therefore ta200 also need as much engine oil.

bike seems ok so far. any comments?

your mech sure knows how to make money for his boss....u tell him "if 2L my engine gasket break and leak u pay ok"

see his reaction, and other than comparing the phantoms tensioner and XR200 tensioner there is no way to tell if they will provide the same precision function of tensioning your cam chain...

By the way XR200 dont use 1.8L of EO, they use only 650ml, cause they are 2-stroke for goodness sake...kindly PM me your mech shop...if need be i can help u educate them the correct level...im really d@mn interested to know the name...cause i sense it might be a shop near serangoon stadium lol....

hey guys is there a way to change the exhaust sound to be more harley davidson-ish?

Nv will be able to replicate, cause engine configuration is diff...wat sets a HD bike vtwin exhaust and other Vtwin exhaust is because HD firing angle is very close like maybe off by 90 degrees...

maybe this will help u understand better

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

Thanks for the link Hamsterwhale..that pop-pop sound of harley during idle is really priceless.I tried to lower the idle speed on the carb so there will be a pause in between the pops but tht only caused my bike to stall at traffic light haha.I wish theres an aftermarket pipe out there that can make my bike sound more garang.If i find it i will surely renew coe instead of scrapping it next year.

Thanks for the link Hamsterwhale..that pop-pop sound of harley during idle is really priceless.I tried to lower the idle speed on the carb so there will be a pause in between the pops but tht only caused my bike to stall at traffic light haha.I wish theres an aftermarket pipe out there that can make my bike sound more garang.If i find it i will surely renew coe instead of scrapping it next year.

inport / purchase from thailand / indonesia.

there's tons of aftermarket pipe for phantom, real loud & badas$.

losing power is a small concern too.

LTA is a big concern whn it comes to otr.

black&white saves life.

enquire @ [email protected] | 94786'999

Here's a 2B bike that sounds awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTeeswMCd5Q

Had the good fortune to spot one here in sg about 1 month ago.

Anw I discovered the cause of my cold start problem: the choke. I had no idea it can extend out to almost 1cm. When I first got it I could only pull it out 3mm or so. WD40 fixed that. But now after I let the engine run for a few min and close the choke, it dies. Can only keep it running by closing the choke reaaally slooooowly... Time to change the whole damn thing.

Edit: Oh wait, is that how the choke is supposed to be used? close slowly?

Edited by xavez

Live to Ride. Ride to Live

u juz need to get use to changing to 1st gear before stopping, cuz all bikes irregardless of make and model always have this problem because of constant meshing...

unless ur saying getting into gear 1 from neutral u got problem...wat i would suggest is this, change EO oil if its due, cuz of the sludge built up thereby causing poor gear shifting, 2nd adjust the free play of your clutch lever...

Thanks bro, in the end send to Ah Chong. Turns out gear 3 is the culprit. He guessed that in the past the previous owner must have had the chain snap on him at gear 3 causing the gear to bend. Now stuck in his workshop for a few days + plenty $$$ to repair... Sigh!!

Hi, earlier along the expressway, the right side cover under the seat(which is covering the electrical cables) dropped off! It was quite an impossibly to stop and pick it up in the middle lane of the ECP. I suspect the mechanic might have forgotten to screw the screw in as it happened before(other parts). Anyway, question is, what is that part called and where can I get it replaced? Any idea also how much it will cost? Thanks in advance

Another qn bros.Just now one of the chrome covers dropped from my bike on the road (panic sia).I'm now thinking of taking out all of tghe rest of the chome covers to even it out (the mentos solution).Would that affect anything regarding performance?

which chrome cover?

thr's 4.

below 1pair tank & 1pair below seat..

black&white saves life.

enquire @ [email protected] | 94786'999

Hi, earlier along the expressway, the right side cover under the seat(which is covering the electrical cables) dropped off! It was quite an impossibly to stop and pick it up in the middle lane of the ECP. I suspect the mechanic might have forgotten to screw the screw in as it happened before(other parts). Anyway, question is, what is that part called and where can I get it replaced? Any idea also how much it will cost? Thanks in advance

u can get the part at FJT at syed alwi road.

or u could try at planet motors at ubi . Probably most motor shop be able to order for u. Price i really got no idea./

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. It doesn't mean its wrong or right."

go to your motor shop and take lor.. if you have good relationships with the shop.. normally they will give you for free ;D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022