SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How to become a motogp racer

zetoroz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This my first time to come in this site after page 2 now. What a suprise to become a motogp rider. Dont think so much just ride and race as a passion. Kelvin and me started racing since 16years old in loyang motorcross and every parts of malaysia, never thing about racing can make us rich in singapore those day.

But maybe in our furture Changi track which host moto GP, but is too late for some of us. So start training our children in tuas track now. Before our new changi circuit open. Get a pocket bike and train them or a cub chai, before buying a expensive bike.

Cheers

Eric Chia

http://k53.pbase.com/u48/geneeric/large/35499844.DragRace16.10.04063.jpg

This comment is not directed at you, but meant generally:

This is the problem with the mindset we have - everyone wants to ride the best bike and throw money at it to have the fastest bike.

In the end, we get scared of crashing it because we know how painfully expensive it is.

That makes us slow.

In turn, we blame the bike and buy more stuff to throw at it... dont believe me? Look at MSS, all the top bikes are money pits and rules there are so slack that no one can stop it.

Hopefully, the rules get tightened up... then maybe I'll come back to the MSS.

There are some participants that know of this problem but are powerless to do anything about it, so they have no choice but to join the scam and devote their entire financial incomes to it, only to become "has-beens" as they will always lack that "little something".

How many HRC bikes are there on the grid?

What that teaches us is to spend money to get faster when the true skills that make a world class racer is being able to ride anything fast. The only way you are going to learn that is to learn how to compensate with skill, not money; which means riding what you have, even if it is piece of oil leaking junk.

Lots of people make fun of my choice of current machine - KTM RC8, saying that the Ducati 1098s/Aprilia RSV4... etc is a better bike and that the KTM is flawed in many ways.

I say: "Whatever! It was cheap and that's good enough for me!"

I dont need to be the fastest guy all the time and love figuring out how to ride it to get the best out of it without changing a thing.

All that it has is an exhaust, not even tuning; and tonnes of my sweat.

Same was said about the SuperDuke, especially when I brought the thing to Sepang... but I bet it suprised alot of people... even if it was just a "streetbike"...

I want to RIDE and spend all my money on tires, not mods and mechanics so I can ride and ride and ride and ride.....

Any idiot can go fast on a fast bike, but only a STAR can make a slow bike fast.

And if anyone wants to be recognized enough to be shown the right doors that lead to a big time career in racing - he would undoubtedly have to be a STAR; not that idiot on a fast bike.

I've seen enough to know better.

Later,

Hartholomew Mamola

:thumb: i share your thoughts. understand what u go thru and am trying to do what you're probably trying to do. best of luck! :cheers:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/cbr17/kiss.jpg

Hoiya!

We figured just that some time ago mate, but you're welcome back into the scene anytime you like, there will always be a big orange V-twin ready for you to go for a spin on... can't promise any red Desmos though...

No Red...... Nevermind, i think Angelo can have my medium Black V-twin instead... :cheeky:

99-01 > Mito 125, NSR 150

01-03 > Honda VFR 400 NC30, Aprillia RS250

03-05 > '02 YZF R1

05-07 > '05 Suzuki 600 K5, Wave 125, Nuovo 110

07-08 > '03 T-MAX [5GJ]

08-10 > '07 T-MAX [5VU], '08 T-Max [4B5], 08 R6

05-10 > DUCATI 749 Dark Mono

10-11 > CBR 1100XX, 2010 Busa

13-14 > RC51 SP2

14-16 > Ninja 400R, Z1000SX, MT09 Tracer

• 4 weeks later...

Hi TS, i think u need to have very supportive folks to even take part in local events. top riders were racing when most of us are catching guppy and playing marbles. not to be a wet blanket, but if u ride for passion in local scene...it's never too late. :)

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/omghehes/colinandmesmall.jpg

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new ~ Albert Einstein

Admin close this thread. heheheheh MOTO GP RACER. haah... In Singapore. Got a better chance of being a millionaire in singapore then MOTO GP RACER. TUAS Racer is the closest people got to racing inside singapore. maybe once singapore gets its changi track in 2012 (provided the word dont end according to the mayans and nostrodumus.) then got chance for future generations but got to start go kart racing at young age of 5-8. So speed the basic is there.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i179/vjjam/SBFpic3.jpg

Bikes Owned Previously : Aprilia RS125 / Suzuki GSX 400RR / Aprilia RS250 / Honda Phantom TA150 / Yamaha YZF-R1 2004 / Yamaha X1 2005

Bikes Owned Currently : Yamaha YZF-R6 2006

Sponsorship by : SPA TREASURES

i have an aussie friend who have been racing in western australia, but he have not found any sponsors to bring him overseas.

he asked me how does he get into the msian racing scene (mss, or others, sorry i am not sure about all this).

he can prove his credentials on the australian circuits if there needed to find sponsorships.

any constructive inputs will be appreciated. will revert inputs to him.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

• 2 months later...

Rossi secretary at BBDC!First u have to enrol 2b first on e computer then u can ask his secretary at counter no 3!Number may not in sequence cause alot of them 1 2 join motogp!After u enrol,they gt small circuit for u to train!After tat u pro liao then go big circuit!If u want fast,kneel down at pratical 1.01 cause it mean u a talented rider!!

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5575/mywifeneonlight2.th.jpg è°èƒ½æ˜Žäº† 人éžäºº,è‰éžè‰,是å是好,梦想颠倒,心血æ¥æ½®,云散烟消

Rossi secretary at BBDC!First u have to enrol 2b first on e computer then u can ask his secretary at counter no 3!Number may not in sequence cause alot of them 1 2 join motogp!After u enrol,they gt small circuit for u to train!After tat u pro liao then go big circuit!If u want fast,kneel down at pratical 1.01 cause it mean u a talented rider!!

Grow up please. :dot:

Its just smth about your post that pisses me off.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/danielsin2/800_3108.jpg

Grow up please. :dot:

Its just smth about your post that pisses me off.

U got a problem with tat?I always grow up!Tat no need to be so sacartics dude!

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5575/mywifeneonlight2.th.jpg è°èƒ½æ˜Žäº† 人éžäºº,è‰éžè‰,是å是好,梦想颠倒,心血æ¥æ½®,云散烟消

I dun have a problem with that, only your spelling. It's SARCASTIC. Not sacartics.

Thanks type too fast!:cheeky:

17yo and not yet driving... Forget about it !.

I can tell you my budget for racing.... which was only for fun (6 hours endurance race)

A race weekend looked like this:

Entrance fee: 600 S$ (cheap !... can easily be more than dubble, just for the start)

Fuel: 120 Liters... you do the math

2-3 sets of tyres depending of the weather

Transportation to/from the track

Then, our bike ...

Honda CBR 1000RR 2007, all HRC: Value appx 25.000S$ (a 125 racer is dubble up in price, forget all about road legal bikes)

Value of all our spareparts needed for a season: 12-15.000S$

Plus, just the set up in the pit cost you more than an avarage street legal bike.

If you are still hooked... then you have to become member of a club and get your licens. Not that difficult.... but, you need a bike to get it.

And.... if you do not win your first races.... then drop it again or you will be a poor man for the rest of your life...

Good luck, bro..... been there, done that.

• 2 weeks later...

think about this.

Chas Hern raced with bikelab in Mss Rd 5 09. He used a really base model R6, with only 20 mins practice and 20 mins qualifying time, and in the race, he did a 2.16 which was Superbike timing for the 06, 07, 08 ...till Kuhara did 2.14 for 2009

and chas was saying he wanted to try a 2.14 for race 2....he is capable. and we didnt have much time to set up the bike either. but its was bad weather anyway.

but back in Australia....there are still other good riders, that are faster than him, and very few make it to world level, provided you can get the funding.

so rule no.1....u need to be talented. we are talking lesser than 1.35 in johor circuit standard...u have to be young, and need funds...then maybe u can enter world super stock.

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

think about this.

Chas Hern raced with bikelab in Mss Rd 5 09. He used a really base model R6, with only 20 mins practice and 20 mins qualifying time, and in the race, he did a 2.16 which was Superbike timing for the 06, 07, 08 ...till Kuhara did 2.14 for 2009

and chas was saying he wanted to try a 2.14 for race 2....he is capable. and we didnt have much time to set up the bike either. but its was bad weather anyway.

but back in Australia....there are still other good riders, that are faster than him, and very few make it to world level, provided you can get the funding.

so rule no.1....u need to be talented. we are talking lesser than 1.35 in johor circuit standard...u have to be young, and need funds...then maybe u can enter world super stock.

well, many people there started riding and racing when they were just teens, they have more racetracks, they have more races from club races to national races, trackdays are safer, they have qualified coaches and coaching is easily available. We dont even have our own racetrack

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Wezzzzo/ASBK-EC-09_1736.jpg

Asphalt Surfer

Surfing The Asphalt & Bitumen Since 2004

Redbull motogp academy is where you should start from if you got the money.

i dont think you can just enrol, i think u have to be selected

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Wezzzzo/ASBK-EC-09_1736.jpg

Asphalt Surfer

Surfing The Asphalt & Bitumen Since 2004