SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Should Motorize Bicycle be ride on the road??

West Spec

Any Bro n Sis hav encounter to such similiar case or incident, do kindly advice thanks :) ( helping out a frd of mine )

kindly refer to this link for further details: http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2643430&st=0

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/DSC00090-1.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/WESTSPEC.jpg

The Light Began to dim.. Music Fading out.. I Begin to Miss You

......................The Visual Cycle..........................

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclists vs Motorists

well, the issue had been brought up.

But on how to enforce, dunno.

Cannot cycle on pavement, cannot cycle on the road, then cyclists will ask: then where?

east coast park?:angel:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

a definitely no-no .. too dangerous .. not enough speed .. hogged the road ...

well i believe some motorize bicycle user might hav tempered wif the mini size motor hence they are able to achieve a higher crusing speed.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/DSC00090-1.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/WESTSPEC.jpg

Cyclists vs Motorists

well, the issue had been brought up.

But on how to enforce, dunno.

Cannot cycle on pavement, cannot cycle on the road, then cyclists will ask: then where?

east coast park?:angel:

thanks Mark C for e link input, well i am sure our Gov can come to a point to make cyclist equal to hav e rite of use of e road however it boils down to wht u had mention "dunnoe" when n how our Gov gonna enforce or act upon to this issue.

I believe those motorised bicycles should not be on the road , those bikes r slow n i have seen many who ride like they own he road or other road users should give way to them , have seen many blatantly flout traffic laws like nobody's business.

Moreover , there r no insurance coverage n proper safety gear, wat if they r involved in accidents?

N i have been wondering where they got those bike spare parts like RXZ head fairings n tailboards from ? The scrapyard?:sian:

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

NBCB, they wanna cycle on road then lightning force should construct bicycle roads for them instead of on our PAID FOR ROAD TAXED ROADS!

I am ok with these cyclist on road. But its getting annoying when they refused to adhere to personal safety and broke road regulation

1. Does not wear safety equipment

2. Ride and hogged as though he/she owned the road. (did not even paid road tax)

3. Does not checked blindspot. Suka suka turned. Suka suka stopped.

4. You tapped the honk as a kind reminder that you are overtaking them. Not happy and stared back at the traffic light

govt encourage people to exercise, cycle more. People listen go cycling. Pavement got scolded by pedestrian, cycle on road scolded by motorist. Then how, fly in the air.

Cyclist no need to take high way code, so you can't blame them for not knowing road regulations. I'm an avid cyclist myself, owned 6 bicycles, as well as a motorcycle rider and car driver. Anybody some day or some how may also become a cyclist so we need to be more tolerant. If you have chance go India or Sri Lanka you will understand what I mean. Got cow, elephants on the road also, how those people can tahan.

I am ok with these cyclist on road. But its getting annoying when they refused to adhere to personal safety and broke road regulation

2. Ride and hogged as though he/she owned the road. (did not even paid road tax)

4. You tapped the honk as a kind reminder that you are overtaking them. Not happy and stared back at the traffic light

Full face helmet, Armour jacket, gloves.

We seen our own bikers doing that too, stomper always say we bikers Hooligan's of the road.

Errr..are we talking about motorize bicycle or motorcycle? :cheeky:

4. You tapped the honk as a kind reminder that you are overtaking them. Not happy and stared back at the traffic light.

I think Bikers can win this one, just show center finger sign before green light, then we zooom..say 199??if is car, we simply squeeze between car queue :p

Joking lah..

But then is really annoying for some motorize cyclists, really champion, just like the above mentioned in Blue wording, haha..

I do hope they wear something like green luminous vest, cat eye blinker a must, we treasure our life, so hope they treasure their's too.:thumb:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

this just in:

It seems in Punggol, they are looking into the ideas of renting motorised bicycles to the resident. This is to encourage residents to ride instead of taking the short distance bus thus saving energy. The plan however hit a snag as the bikes were all above LTA requirements.

Questions: Why cannot use bicycles? If the plan were a success, can you imagine how many motorised bicycles will be on the road in Punggol?

Also to LTA: WTF of allowing motorised bicycle in Singapore anyway? if allow, why they need not take any riding test?

HELP FIND MY BIKE! Blue RXZ (New Model), completely stock FBB3668U Stolen from Block 502A MSCP Choa Chu Kang Street 51

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

open one class 2C ma. den take btt and rtt can ride le. wear helmet and signal everything of course. also put number plate. den singapore become more clean by supporting electric bicycle approve or not, still more safer then idiots riding in the middle of the road.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I just saw this old thread. Thot I'd add to the points made:

Singapore law - cyclists are road users, not pedestrian path users. So e-bikes must also use the roads. All to adhere to traffic rules - signs and traffic lights etc. here's the problem though. Not all are conversant with Highway Code ( conversant = took test and passed). Because no HWC for cyclists. E-bikes fall into the same territory.

People ride on pathways now because cars have become bigger, faster and drivers more aggressive. Lanes are now smaller & roads denser with traffic. Many leisure cyclists see the bicycle as an extension of themelves as pedestrians. But serious cyclists see themselves as road users. We are stuck in a problem. And there's no real solution from TP and LTA as yet.

IMHO, be best and most useful law is the Law of the Sea: where the larger gives way to the smaller, the one with more power gives way to the one with less power. And everyone better get out of the way of the heaviest that needs the longest stopping distance or you'll get crushed by it even if you have the right of way... dead right!! ;-p

TS, tks for starting this complex topic.

Cheers!!!

Why rush? It's the journey, not the destination ... :shades:

Moto Guzzi Breva v1100ie '07

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Kawasaki GpZ900 Ninja '89

Honda CB 750 FII '97

BMW R100G/S Paris Dakar Classic '95

Honda CB 250 RS '88

I have been riding motorised bicycle for 2 years before I changed to motorcycle, I use my bicycle mainly as my personal transport to and fro work, which means I am travelling during peak hours. In my opinion, having motorised bicycle on the road is like 2 sides of a coin (not sure if this reference is correct). Motorized bicycles are considered too fast on the pavements, but too freaking slow on the road (25km/h).

Now imagine the following simple scenarios:

First scenario, you are cycling towards a traffic light junction, and all of us know that almost all of the traffic light junctions will be accompanied by a filter lane for cars turning left, but yet you are going straight, cars behind you are far too impatient to wait for you to reach the traffic light junction and are either zooming pass you from the right and entering the filter lane or trying to squeeze through you and the kerb on he left, worse case, 2 cars, 1 on each side, safe?

Second scenario, you are cycling on a slightly "narrow" road, there is a bus fully filled with passengers either going home or work and the bus cannot overtake you on the right but to follow you at a slow pace of 25km/h and you pedaling your ass off just just so you do not end up hogging the road.

Third scenario, you are cycling on the road, suddenly a car or motorcycle comes up beside you, starts shouting/yelling at you to cycle on the pavement because they think you are slowing the traffic down. You go up onto the pavement and then some pedestrian starts doing the same thing to tell you to go down on the road. On the road, we get screwed, on the pavements we get screwed, the only place left is the air, once we are in the air, people on the pavements and road will start to screw us for not needing to pay road tax or not getting caught in the jam.

For motorized bicycle to blend with other vehicles on the road, the speed limit approved by LTA for motorized bicycles have to be increased, but of cause with a need to fulfill certain requirements in order to own and ride a higher powered motorized bicycle, such as BTT etc. I once had a meetup session with the MP that governs the area in which I stayed in with a full essay and point form for all possible questions that people will post with regards to legalizing high powered motorized bicycles in Singapore. He was impressed by the details that I presented and promised me that he will send it to the minister of transport and have a discussion with him on my concerns, but till now, more than 1 year, still nothing, so I can safely guess that it down in the dumps.

My posts are based on peaceful discussion, honest questions happy jokes. If for any personal reason u find my post not suiting your ego, scrolling and clicking is always faster than typing. Not hearing my retorts to your rude remarks only means I have confirmed that your upbringing is that of barbarians.

Your Perspective on life comes from the cage you were held captive in. - Shannon L. Alder

Recently TV had a documentary on this. One of their debate point is whether should motorised cyclist have insurance (naming third party insurance) or not. In the end they concluded unless the authorities implement registration on the bicycle, else having an insurance is useless since the cyclist can just fake information. And if they are doing registration, will normal bicycles be affected?

Oh, why talk about insurance is because a few pesdestrians got buang liao.

Even on the show a shop owner admitted to able to modify a bicycle to reach higher than approved speed, but insisted those are for "export" only. Sounds familiar?

Edited by kaiq

The way I see - it's either motorized bicycles on the road only or the pavement only, but not both. Some authorities needs to decide this, else there's no end to the debate.

Support a class 2C for them. All the motorized bicycle riders are callous to say the least. without legal intervention, they are menance to everyone.

HELP FIND MY BIKE! Blue RXZ (New Model), completely stock FBB3668U Stolen from Block 502A MSCP Choa Chu Kang Street 51