SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] How to cosmetically modify the Phantom?

gsenomics

Thanks that's exactly the one I want, how do they feel when in use? Mind pming me the price?

feels good. comfy when cruising. abit different when you wanna up gear, cuz you gotta slot your foot in between the platform and the lever.if you want, i can let you try someday.

Got bike must ride!

SYM Maxsym 400i - 09/11/12 to current

Phantom TA200 - 07/08/09 to 09/11/12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro how do you take out your exhaust pipe? And you use Hi-Temp Spray is it?

Mind asking your friend how much does it cost for the handlebar and may i know where to did you go to get your paintwork done?

Please PM me.. Thanks Bro! Hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice day!

so many qns.

1) i didnt take out my exhaust pipe. just covered everything else with newspaper. and spray

2) yes hi- temp spray.

3) handlebar. my friend got for me. and did it up. he say its a gift.

4) paintwork was custom. DIY.

anyone know of any shop that can install hazard lights on the Phantom?

i think ah koon can do. idk how much, mine was done by a friend.

Edited by jevan

Got bike must ride!

Been awhile since i saw your ride huh. Coming for Pk knights chalet?

been busy la bro. 2 weeks ICT, followed by 4 days in genting. PK chalet on the 27th August? wheres the location? i didnt see it in the sticky.

Got bike must ride!

Exhaust wrap have to Diy. I have it on my steed.

The last i checked autobacs 2 weeks ago, they had none left.

Or you could go to Hock Kim. I know, black is nicer but i couldnt find good brands like Dei.

If you're considering getting em online, let me know.

the thing is, iirc the exhaust warp is enough to wrap 4 or more phantoms, and its on the expensive side if im getting it on my own..

http://i56.tinypic.com/73id01.jpg

Guys, I just bought a puig windshield for my phantom, but apparently the bracket (as stated in the image) cant fit my bar. My bar is too thin for it.

I will be going to Ah koon tmrw and hopefully he can settle this issue, if nt i will go to LAB / Regina to see if they sell the brackets.

At the same time, I would also like to ask bros here whether you guys had such encounter, or know where to buy a bracket that can fit the thinner (which i believe is stock) bar.

Otherwise is there any suggestion to fit the windshield onto the phantom?

It's a Puig universal windshield by the way.

http://www.samuelgoh.net/images/bike/wr2_luci.jpg

My Past Rides: Yamaha WR200, Yamaha X1, Suzuki DRZ400SM (Stolen by frags in JB recently...)

My Current Ride: Honda Phantom TA200.

Guys, I just bought a puig windshield for my phantom, but apparently the bracket (as stated in the image) cant fit my bar. My bar is too thin for it.

I will be going to Ah koon tmrw and hopefully he can settle this issue, if nt i will go to LAB / Regina to see if they sell the brackets.

At the same time, I would also like to ask bros here whether you guys had such encounter, or know where to buy a bracket that can fit the thinner (which i believe is stock) bar.

My Past Rides: Yamaha WR200, Yamaha X1, Suzuki DRZ400SM (Stolen by frags in JB recently...)

Fork I think you can just spray them. But rims have to remove to get a good spray. Tough job IMO.

Use normal or hi temp spray paint should be okay?

Got bike must ride!

One easy way to solve the problem is to wrap the part of the handle bar to be clamped with rubber.

Rubber can be cut from an old rubber inner tube.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

One easy way to solve the problem is to wrap the part of the handle bar to be clamped with rubber.

Rubber can be cut from an old rubber inner tube.

made a number of trips today... to ah koon, ah boy, regina and hkl... all do not have a remedy to my issue..

the mechanics suggested rubber as well, and hkl was kind enough to give me a used tube to cut and diy.

LAB's mech suggested alternatively, to find thin, hardy metal strips to wrap around.

I would next try puig's distro in SG, motovation..

In the mean time i will go with the rubber.

but 2 qn:

1. wont the rubber disintegrate over a long period of usage? or similar scenarios?

2. i am quite sure some bros here ever used puig with their phantom's stock handlebar? no?

Appreciate if someone can shed me some light

http://i52.tinypic.com/oh8zr4.jpg

I am installing the above for my TA200. Bought it off a fellow forum member.

Upon installing, I realised that the handlebar clamp, are for thicker bars, thus cannot fit my TA200 stock bar.

Anyone know where I can get the above replacement for stock handlebars?

Also would like to check if any fellow Phantom rider, past or present, had install Puig windshield on stock bars before.

made a number of trips today... to ah koon, ah boy, regina and hkl... all do not have a remedy to my issue..

the mechanics suggested rubber as well, and hkl was kind enough to give me a used tube to cut and diy.

LAB's mech suggested alternatively, to find thin, hardy metal strips to wrap around.

I would next try puig's distro in SG, motovation..

In the mean time i will go with the rubber.

but 2 qn:

1. wont the rubber disintegrate over a long period of usage? or similar scenarios?

2. i am quite sure some bros here ever used puig with their phantom's stock handlebar? no?

Appreciate if someone can shed me some light

i will use alu cans...cut strips to size...qty for your desired thicknes...no rusting problem..or deterioration.

or..get ba pipe with diameter that fits over your bar... say cut 125mm long...split the cut pipe..place it round your handle bar..

if size is still too small..use alu cans ...as spacer to built up to size..

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

Hello, after riding for longer periods I find the angle of my foot on the foot rest and the food brake is uncomfortable. It's like there's too much of an upward angle so my foot is always pointing up. Can I change this somehow? Thanks.

anyone has the dimensions to make a tank cover on phantom ta200? tried pasting matte black sticker over but the effect not nice. thinking maybe to diy leather cover. not really sure how they attached it to the tank. if someone did it before maybe can take a picture on the attachment area. thanks.

Edited by weiqiang

2014-2014: Vespa PX200E

2011-present: Honda TA200

2007-2011: Yamaha RXK135

Anyone knows how to DIY, i feel like spraying my fork and my rims don't mind giving some kopi money if you can help me out....

you can pm ariess from shadow section. His works are superb!

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Hello, after riding for longer periods I find the angle of my foot on the foot rest and the food brake is uncomfortable. It's like there's too much of an upward angle so my foot is always pointing up. Can I change this somehow? Thanks.

You can either change the footrest to eagle foot rest and adjust it higher, so that your foot is level.

Do not let your foot point down, because it will make it harder to use the foot brake in an emergency.

Or cut and reweld the FOOD BRAKE to change the angle.

Eagle foot rest is the big, long, black footrest that looks like a car's accelerator

pedal. It can adjust the angle so that you get a more comfortable ride.

You can get it from Regina at Jalan Besar for $35.

Installation is a bit more complicated, because it's not manufactured for Phantom, so it's very very loose. You will have to get an 'L-shaped' or 'U-shaped' metal strip to wedge into the footrest and the bracket to make it fit.

Been using rubber to thicken my handle bar for my GPS mount. Been 2 years already no problems. :smile:

that's pleasing to my ears! haha. thanks!

just finished installing the windscreen, god bless! =D

on a side note, the lightbulb on our meter is replaceable right? easy to diy?

i wanna changed to a white one! haha.

my bulb fused already

that's pleasing to my ears! haha. thanks!

just finished installing the windscreen, god bless! =D

on a side note, the lightbulb on our meter is replaceable right? easy to diy?

i wanna changed to a white one! haha.

my bulb fused already

Yes. very easy. its a T10 bulb.

There's a green film so i dont think white is possible mate. Would you like a blue light led bulb? I bought one but its too dim for my steed but perfect for a phantom.

Deal in the east.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r