SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] How to cosmetically modify the Phantom?

gsenomics

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to ebay.com.sg and search for "tach hour meter". i bought it off seller "dadi-maoyi" through an auction. wait till the last 1 minute before placing your bid, well, that's what i did. niam bought it for around 20+, i got it this way for around 15 (cant really remember the exact price..

one thing about the meter is that i dun think it can be seen at night due to the lack of lighting.. so yep.. all the best!

guys. need your advice on bending my current handlebar to make it likka ape hanger. any body got lobang of which shop or factories that does it and will it be safe?

i tink u are better off getting a new one la.. bending will weaken n potentially break ur bar... usually heat n a special pipe-bending machine is used to fabricate the bar.. nt worth the risk...

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

anyone has good recommendation for saddle bag that has lock functions like a box?

thinking of removing the box and putting 2 bags on the side for my other stuffs.

side boxes like e21? i don't think i have seen any saddle bags that has lock like a box.

Got bike must ride!

SYM Maxsym 400i - 09/11/12 to current

Phantom TA200 - 07/08/09 to 09/11/12

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

I have the custom 4 version phantom. My bike had the stock front foot rests. I just bought a pair of eagle footrests for the front from a forummer and have got them installed, but there is very less gap between the gear shifter and the footrest, hence its slightly difficult to squeeze foot in the gap and shift up. Downshifting is easy.

I asked the mechanic to adjust the shifter to a bit up, the mechanic said if it is moved up then the shifter will hit the engine cover so cannot upshift after 1st gear.

I hate the stock footrests and love the eagle ones, so I need to get this to work.

I noticed that there is slight play in the gear shifter, probably if this play is reduced the gap will be good enough? Any suggestions on how to do it?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Revhappy.

Edited by revhappy

May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2

Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200

Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3

Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

put on a heel shift ! aka stepback.

Hello guys,

I have the custom 4 version phantom. My bike had the stock front foot rests. I just bought a pair of eagle footrests for the front from a forummer and have got them installed, but there is very less gap between the gear shifter and the footrest, hence its slightly difficult to squeeze foot in the gap and shift up. Downshifting is easy.

I asked the mechanic to adjust the shifter to a bit up, the mechanic said it is moved up then the shifter will hit the engine cover so cannot upshift after 1st gear.

I hate the stock footrests and love the eagle ones, so I need to get this to work.

I noticed that there is slight play in the gear shifter, probably if this play is reduced the gap will be good enough? Any suggestions on how to do it?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Revhappy.

black&white saves life.

enquire @ [email protected] | 94786'999

put on a heel shift ! aka stepback.

Haha, thanks. But my friend's phantom used to have the eagle footrest set up without the heel shift and I remember it was much easier to shift. There must be a way.

May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2

Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200

Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3

Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

• 2 weeks later...