SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

hi bros,i jus got a ver s and i reali need advice from u guys...jus nw i was caught in a traffic jam and the bike was hot and the temp indicator light up...wat shld i do if its light up...and also aft reaching my destination,there was smoke coming from e engine and also liquid from the bottom of the engine and gt weird smell...any advice on wat i shld do..need help from u guys...thanx

Hey bro. Same problem as you last time. I rode up to Desaru and while coming back to Singapore, my coolant gave way at the traffic light! Same as yours.. got smoke la, got smell la. Anyway, the smoke and smell is caused by your burned gasket because coolant failed to flow through properly probably due to poor hoses or blocked hoses. What I did to rectify the problem was to changed my coolant hoses, Changed gaskets, Check whether radiator fan is working or is anything restricting the coolant flow into the radiator.

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone knows??

I'm not sure either. But, If a spec 3 tail can be modded on any version, I dont see why we can't install a mainstand. Just need proper equipments to do the job. Go to shops and ask la bro. LOL :)

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

hi bros,i jus got a ver s and i reali need advice from u guys...jus nw i was caught in a traffic jam and the bike was hot and the temp indicator light up...wat shld i do if its light up...and also aft reaching my destination,there was smoke coming from e engine and also liquid from the bottom of the engine and gt weird smell...any advice on wat i shld do..need help from u guys...thanx

I'm riding a VerS too..this bike alot of problems man..but also depends on your luck.. My indicator red light hav came up before but for different reasons :

1) Middle block leaking and i have coolant leaking under my bike.- this one most jialat I had todo some overhaul

2) Coolant cap underneath the tank worn out so need to change. Also got coolant leak.

3) waterpump time to change

Bike too hot that's why the temperature light on so normally do check for you coolant i.e. whether there is coolant still left in ur bike. open the compartment which is located under your right thigh when in riding position- this is coolant reservoir. check for the coolant level whether its still there or is it empty.

Hey bro. Same problem as you last time. I rode up to Desaru and while coming back to Singapore, my coolant gave way at the traffic light! Same as yours.. got smoke la, got smell la. Anyway, the smoke and smell is caused by your burned gasket because coolant failed to flow through properly probably due to poor hoses or blocked hoses. What I did to rectify the problem was to changed my coolant hoses, Changed gaskets, Check whether radiator fan is working or is anything restricting the coolant flow into the radiator.

yea bros...these are factors that affect the temp of bike..coolant, radiator fan, water pump, blocked hoses etc..

thank u to all e bros tt answer my queries...reali appreaciate it...btw wat other stuff i need to look out for in ver s other than those mentioned...btw bro rider saje which shop u go to rectify ure prob tt time..n hw much and hw long u wait?thanx

thank u to all e bros tt answer my queries...reali appreaciate it...btw wat other stuff i need to look out for in ver s other than those mentioned...btw bro rider saje which shop u go to rectify ure prob tt time..n hw much and hw long u wait?thanx

Actually, standard things todo when you buy 2nd hand bike :

- check brakes front and back; if need to change do it. Actually if you have some money to spare, i suggest u just change both front/rear brake pads. put ur mind at ease. do check the dot4 brake fluid too whether need to replace or not.

- change wheel bearings front and back.

- change engine oil + spark plug + oil filter

- ensure your tyres thread are still in good condition

Just some pointers as this will ensure ur bike safe to ride.

Actually verS, being an old bike, bound to have problems over time. Just do standby a sinking fund incase problems occur unexpectedy;that's from my experience(hehe..painful to the pokcet i noe..). But other than that, just need to do normal maintenance only ie EO change, spark plug change, oil filter change etc.

Hi bro. I went to Ah fook motors at AMK ind park 2 block 5032. Nice mech I should say. He will do an assesment of the bike infront of you to identify the problems. What can still be used he wont force you to change. That time i did top pverhaul as well so I had to wait for four days. However, its best if you can witness him in action. Can learn a thing or two also. And the best thing is can negotiate the price after he's done! Hehe.

Oh ya.. One more thing. Check battery, rectifier and magnetic coil! Old bike ah sometimes these things alr worn out.. Countercheck with a multimeter and make sure charging is acceptable. Dont rely on a voltmeter as it might not be accurate. Hope this helps bro. Cheers and ride safe :)

Hi bro. I went to Ah fook motors at AMK ind park 2 block 5032. Nice mech I should say. He will do an assesment of the bike infront of you to identify the problems. What can still be used he wont force you to change. That time i did top pverhaul as well so I had to wait for four days. However, its best if you can witness him in action. Can learn a thing or two also. And the best thing is can negotiate the price after he's done! Hehe.

yes agreed! he's one cool mechanic. friendly too. not those pushy irritating types who just set about fixing bikes without giving u head or tail what's the problem. Used to be solo mech but now i tink he has a worker under him.

Rider saje,if spec 3 tail no mudguard can pass inspection?cos I need advise cos tmr I nid to go inspection

I think this depends on ur luck cause some centres very strict and some are less strict. I suggest u go ask bikeshop do for you. Pay abit more but they ensure you pass the inspection.

Oh ya.. One more thing. Check battery, rectifier and magnetic coil! Old bike ah sometimes these things alr worn out.. Countercheck with a multimeter and make sure charging is acceptable. Dont rely on a voltmeter as it might not be accurate. Hope this helps bro. Cheers and ride safe :)

yupyup! agreed... these 3 components also coz problems..encountered before.. :)

bro i tink any bike shop can do that. they'll dispose ur old dot4 fluid and top up new one and do bleeding as well to the cables. not too sure how much tho.

Hehe.. Thx anw bro.. Thot of diy bt i heard its very troublesome.. Heard e fluid cn spoil my bike paint if it spill on it.. Juz leave it to e mech den. Cheers..

Fail my inspection. Signal light front back not approved.(those white led type). no mudguard cannt.plus need number plate lamp. Where can I mudguard for the plate number? Ahboy?

You've just answered your own question bro. lol!

Fail my inspection. Signal light front back not approved.(those white led type). no mudguard cannt.plus need number plate lamp. Where can I mudguard for the plate number? Ahboy?

Did u go to Vicom?? Most of the Vicom centres tend to be too strict.

Go to Sin Ming Drive STA. But I would actually encourage u to change back to original sig lights & the mudguard.

Fine for missing mudguard - $70 (not worth it)

Hehe.. Thx anw bro.. Thot of diy bt i heard its very troublesome.. Heard e fluid cn spoil my bike paint if it spill on it.. Juz leave it to e mech den. Cheers..

yupyup that dot4 liquid if not careful can spoil paintwork dats y mechanic always put old cloth around ur tank area when they doing that...:)

Thanks u guys for the advise.appreciate it lots. Btw after I fail inspection at vicom,can go sin ming? Or have to stay with vicom

Can go there but you have to pay the first inspection price la.