SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

Last problem, is my starter, the bike cannot be start everytime i press the starter button for the first time, its as if the wiring got problem. and everytime i press the button to start, the lights will dim, as if fuse has blown. but once i press for 5 or 6 times, the bike will roar to life v beautifully.

this one confirm carbon brush, happen to me not awhile ago..service and change carbon brush bout !00 bucks, no more problem, or wat u can do is use a mallet or screwdriver knock on ur stater motor it helps. wat mr william said bout the reverse thingy was true tried it b4..

Hi eddie_ash,

Does your starter motor crank when you pressed the starter button for the few first times?

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, The Next Meet up is on 22-07-2011. (Friday)

We Are Going East!

Timing : 9pm

Meeting Point : Esso at Jalan Kayu

Place : TPE/KPE - EastCoast - ChangiVillage - NiteRide

Purpose : Hangout and Supper

NiteRide - Anyone got good place to recommend around east area??

All are welcome to join but for those newcomers,please PM me ur contact no. first

or ur name will not be updated.

**Help for those who never been to Esso Jalan Kayu**

1) http://www.gothere.sg

2) "key in your current postal code" to 799439

(eg. 123456 to 799439)

Confirm Coming :

1) Outspoken

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/outspoken_69/newsignature2.jpg

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.

At first yes, then no crank..

I see. Mine cranked. but just did not start the engine. I keep pressing until scared battery run out. Or worse dunno will damage the starter or not.

Ah Pek: keep pressing the start button will damage the starter?

I see. Mine cranked. but just did not start the engine. I keep pressing until scared battery run out. Or worse dunno will damage the starter or not.

No..it will flatten ur battery. There is either no fuel getting into ur chamber..too much or spark plugs no good. Try using choke..if can't, take off ur air filter and try cranking again.

Its a case of either too much fuel drowning ur spark plug or no fuel due to insufficient air due to bad air filter.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Last problem, is my starter, the bike cannot be start everytime i press the starter button for the first time, its as if the wiring got problem. and everytime i press the button to start, the lights will dim, as if fuse has blown. but once i press for 5 or 6 times, the bike will roar to life v beautifully.

this one confirm carbon brush, happen to me not awhile ago..service and change carbon brush bout !00 bucks, no more problem, or wat u can do is use a mallet or screwdriver knock on ur stater motor it helps. wat mr william said bout the reverse thingy was true tried it b4..

Hi, thanks but any idea where is the starter motor? hahah. and now my bike pretty ok le. not everytime has this problem, abit random though

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soulhttp://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/168915_10150089777911848_738296847_6467158_1149477_n.jpg

HI any one know what is the function of a pump kit?

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soulhttp://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/168915_10150089777911848_738296847_6467158_1149477_n.jpg

Hi, thanks but any idea where is the starter motor? hahah. and now my bike pretty ok le. not everytime has this problem, abit random though

its on the right side near the sprocket cover, where the water pump is located too.. not too often but if u are wearing nice clothes and out with ur girlfren and have to push start ur bike then it will be problem :), so its best to do it.. it can be quite frustrating too.. n if u start knocking the starter carbon ppl will giv u the wtf look..hahaha

Originally Posted by ahdon

No..it will flatten ur battery. There is either no fuel getting into ur chamber..too much or spark plugs no good. Try using choke..if can't, take off ur air filter and try cranking again.

Its a case of either too much fuel drowning ur spark plug or no fuel due to insufficient air due to bad air filter.

Ah Pek: Then like that, is it still carbon brush issue? Now I'm confused.

its on the right side near the sprocket cover, where the water pump is located too.. not too often but if u are wearing nice clothes and out with ur girlfren and have to push start ur bike then it will be problem :), so its best to do it.. it can be quite frustrating too.. n if u start knocking the starter carbon ppl will giv u the wtf look..hahaha

hmmm care to explain how does it work? why does knockin with a mallet or screw driver helps for the bike to start LOL

HI any one know what is the function of a pump kit?

What "pump kit"?..are u talking about the brake pump kit or what? If it is..use for pumping lah..u squeeze the lever..it pump the fluid lor.

Ah Pek: Then like that, is it still carbon brush issue? Now I'm confused.

No..unlikely base on discussion with reference to poster problem desription.

hmmm care to explain how does it work? why does knockin with a mallet or screw driver helps for the bike to start LOL

Vibration will loosen and displace the carbon powder and give u better contact.

What "pump kit"?..are u talking about the brake pump kit or what? If it is..use for pumping lah..u squeeze the lever..it pump the fluid lor.

yup i referrin to the brake pump kit :) okok. ahpek, one more question, super 4 front brake fluid box advised us to use only DOT4 fluid, but i went to several mechanic, they all told me aiya, DOT3 also can la and i ask them to remove my remaining fluid from the box before i change my brake fluid, they insist dont need and told me DOT 3 and DOT 4 can be mixed one. their boilin point are different though, but any idea will that affect the brakin effect?

yup i referrin to the brake pump kit :) okok. ahpek, one more question, super 4 front brake fluid box advised us to use only DOT4 fluid, but i went to several mechanic, they all told me aiya, DOT3 also can la and i ask them to remove my remaining fluid from the box before i change my brake fluid, they insist dont need and told me DOT 3 and DOT 4 can be mixed one. their boilin point are different though, but any idea will that affect the brakin effect?

Both DOT standard can lah but I prefer DOT 3 but don't mix. If u wanna change..remove all..bleed the bottom and for faster service work..use a siringe to suck up all the old residue contaminats from the top hydraulic fluid reservoir (not a box).

Wassuuuup Non-Specs enthusiast:

I'm currently searching for a bike or paintwork shop for mt Super Four Version S. And I heard some has a paintwork package for version S, which includes changing the tail to Spec 3's tail.

Anyone know of any shops that provide such customisation service and/or paintwork, do reply me.

Do quote the prices too. :)

Wassuuuup Non-Specs enthusiast:

I'm currently searching for a bike or paintwork shop for mt Super Four Version S. And I heard some has a paintwork package for version S, which includes changing the tail to Spec 3's tail.

Anyone know of any shops that provide such customisation service and/or paintwork, do reply me.

Do quote the prices too. :)

Replica Spray Paint at Kallang.. Their works are superb. You can check them out at the advertisers board.

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

hello guys! i jus got my bike! i've some queries..

1) my mileage meter is stuck.. (speed meter still working) jus the mileage stopped moving.. any idea whats wrong??

2) how much to get a 2nd hand S4 headlight?? mines a ugly alien 1..

3) my tyres is 110/140.. issit better to get 120/150??

4) my suspension is not the stock showa 1.. too soft, where can i get best deal for it.. (YSS or bitubo)?

5) any place to get 2nd hand end can? mines got a big dent.. haha..

thank you in advance guys!

cheers,

Jordan :D

"When i get sad, i stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story." Barney Stinson

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Jordanspy_Siggy.jpg

5) any place to get 2nd hand end can? mines got a big dent.. haha..

:D

I used to ride a CBR 400 many years ago. The end can has a big dent after Kenna knock by taxi. Send for "wrapping" with a layer of aluminum around it through the bike shop that sold me the bike. Came back like chrome (original was matt silver if i remembered correctly). I paid less than $100 for it. That was in 1998 though.

I used to ride a CBR 400 many years ago. The end can has a big dent after Kenna knock by taxi. Send for "wrapping" with a layer of aluminum around it through the bike shop that sold me the bike. Came back like chrome (original was matt silver if i remembered correctly). I paid less than $100 for it. That was in 1998 though.

thanks! wrapping is like putting aluminium foil over it?

"When i get sad, i stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story." Barney Stinson

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Jordanspy_Siggy.jpg