SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

So you traded in your Phantom for $2.5k? FX or FY plate? Good price there, bro. For both the Phantom sale and the Ver S!

nope... FV plate.. trade in for $1.4k... and top up $500.. so which make the bike $2000 with COE renewed.. then plus my insurance and some not in package parts.. total is $3k...

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/asset.php?fid=279659&uid=24812&d=1407032960

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woah.. Your Ver S costs $2k with COE renewed? Which shop did you buy it from bro? That means machine price is like.. $700?

soon fah... near changi road.... opp the SPC petrol station

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/asset.php?fid=279659&uid=24812&d=1407032960

Amazing.. Condition good? :thumb:

the day i saw my bike at the shop... is already this condition... i just polish here a bit and there only...

maybe because i go with friend whom know the sale person very well...

Whilte rim tape installed! Looks great, with the logo "HONDA CB400SF"

Went to Unique earlier and:

a) Changed Steering Cone

b) Changed Clutch Cable

c) Repaired the Front Forks

d) Changed Fork Seals

Total damage: $190.

Dear fellow Non-VTEC users, it is advisable for you to repair your front forks if you haven't done anything to it ever since you got your bike. My fork looked okay from the outside. I asked the Unique Motors mech (didn't get his name!) about the squeaky sound from my fork after rainy weather. He told me that water could be seeping inside and could corrode the internal parts. There was no leakage of oil by the way.

Opted for a repair. True enough, the rubber seal was cracked due to wear and tear. Both the internal circlips were heavily corroded and I doubt they could last for another few months. If the circlip gives way, the rubber seal would start leaking fork oil, or worst, the fork oil could come gushing out.

The fork oil had also turned milky white/brown due to mixing with water. Everything was cleaned up and Maxima Fork Oil was used.

Steering cone wise, the handling is more stable now. But the bias to the right is still there. The braking ABS feeling is not so pronounced already. The mech also commented that my front rims were slightly dented and could affect handling, albeit not in a disastrous manner.

Tired. From Jurong to Eunos and back. Yawn..

Usually like service my fork 1 a yr... it common to find the clip rusty. there no 100% seal , water some how will slip thru. worst cause it cannt remove the will heat the fork to remove the rubber ( dunno what it call )

next it watch out your brake caliper piston... It still work but the piston not very smooth moving... maybe your next brake pad change can ask them to check for u. just did mine

3 Arai Helmet Meets Up :angel:

i think grounding good enough. U oso experience bright light... response oso better.

still no good then install revtec or other brands the works similar

you got a point... will do grounding first... then ask my trusted mech and seek his advise... :D

yo guys.. been thinking and reading up about this voltage gadgets and grounding..

some says that grounding itself doesnt have much effect as the bike has originally has its own system of grounding electrical flow.. others argued that grounding has to be done in addition to voltage stabilizers i.e. revtec, PA, and wad not.. some feedback that they feel smoother response and pickup and etc etc.. However, im still abit unconvinced pertaining to those results. Some of it are simply hearsay and of those who actually tried, its comes under the impression that they want to "believe" it works for them..hence psychological effect..

even mechs have contrasting views on this.. i've asked several.. and the response were varied. One said its good for old conditioned bike..sum say..its utterly useless.. sum say it only improve abit..and not to waste money on it.. haha im confused myself by these mechs..

Dunnoe if there's any concrete professional proof or dyno runs to prove that these things actually work or not. I'd be damn if I were to spend 100plus dollars on sumthing that doesnt work.. any gurus care to share their opinion and knowledge on this..

been thinking awhile to install these gadgets due to our old-conditioned bikes.. but dunnoe if its worth it or not..

931153_10151259704352614_844334838_n.jpg

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

btw tim17.. u got a very nice conditioned exterior bro (refering to ur siggy).. haha..

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

yo guys.. been thinking and reading up about this voltage gadgets and grounding..

some says that grounding itself doesnt have much effect as the bike has originally has its own system of grounding electrical flow.. others argued that grounding has to be done in addition to voltage stabilizers i.e. revtec, PA, and wad not.. some feedback that they feel smoother response and pickup and etc etc.. However, im still abit unconvinced pertaining to those results. Some of it are simply hearsay and of those who actually tried, its comes under the impression that they want to "believe" it works for them..hence psychological effect..

even mechs have contrasting views on this.. i've asked several.. and the response were varied. One said its good for old conditioned bike..sum say..its utterly useless.. sum say it only improve abit..and not to waste money on it.. haha im confused myself by these mechs..

Dunnoe if there's any concrete professional proof or dyno runs to prove that these things actually work or not. I'd be damn if I were to spend 100plus dollars on sumthing that doesnt work.. any gurus care to share their opinion and knowledge on this..

been thinking awhile to install these gadgets due to our old-conditioned bikes.. but dunnoe if its worth it or not..

I think we are in the same predicament bro. I also been asking here & there about this Power Abuser, Revtec, Raizin and also 3pt or 4 pt Grounding. Feedbacks were 50/50. Some say its good. Some say its ok. My ex-friend even used Power Abuser II which I liase with one of the guy. He explained to me about its benefits and so it was installed on a Bajaj Pulsar. It was good. he kept recommending me to install it on my ver S but as you see this bike is my working bike and I had to think wisely even if I saw the result is good.

I asked mechs around and yeah some say its alright some say dun waste money. Even my mech at Yew Tee also said its just a waste of money coz if you think its good, it sure good. If its not then its not. Doesnt work on all bikes. he said this thing use brain one. hahaha. which I know what he meant. Same like you its Phsycological effect.

But maybe one day I'll try lah since my frens with old bike says its good. I also want to feel the power. Hopefully it works on my bike.But also must look into my budget. alot of responsibility to look into first for a young guy like me. :angel: . Spending hundred plus for something that wont work on my bike is very wasteful indeed.

my 2 cents worth.

Honda Rebel 125 (Rebeliah) 2004-2006

Super 4 Ver S (Sephia) 2006-

Mersing(Air papan), Desaru,Tanjung Balau,Tanjung Piai,Pahang/Rompin,Penyabong,bekok waterfalls,Sepang/KL, Penang/KL,Melacca/Gunung Ledang,Pahang Endau Rompin Jungle. more to come~

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/salleh_/S4MHondaman.jpg

ic ic.. interesting.. hondaman,.. if u suddenly wake up and got the urge to install it one day... tell me yeah? might go down with u and see the difference.. :) meanwhile take care n ride safely!

I thought of getting the 2nd hand GPR exhaust in the sbf classifieds.

I read also that LTA transfer fee is $20 and inspection is $50-60??? What on earth do they inspect?? So expensive. Anyone changed their end-can recently and can reply? Thx.

In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act

just went to fit up a 4 point grounding for $30.. now my bike is like so much smoother... use to have rough throttler... and the sound is like kinda heavy...

UP! for grounding

i ask my trusted mech about the Revtec.. its really up to each and everyone..

the Revtec can smoothern the pick up... but not suitable for kawasaki... because kawa is famous of smooth trottle... if put... then super smooth..

some people just like the "Rev CHIONG" feelings...

LOL.. went to the workshop too late... have to even help them mech to fix up the 4 point grounding.. want to ride bike must also know how to fix bike.. :D

$190 is a good price Bro! :thumb:

Luckily u check the forks. Thats the thing abt old bikes like us. :cry:

wow bro. ur bike :thumb:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" People are like Motorcycles ; Each is customized a bit differently " c",)

Rode my baby today. Some things didn't feel right.

Firstly, after the steering cone, clutch cable replacement and front fork repair, I realised in the morning that instead of the front two lights constantly being lighted up when you start, only the left side is lighted up. The right side is not. Signalling right (blink) is ok as per normal.

Next, my brakes are making a hell lot of noise when nearing to a stop. Sounds like metal rubbing against metal. When engine is off, I move the bike forward using my legs, can hear the grinding sound also... :cry:

Even my speedometer light is starting to act cranky. On slopes, it turns off. I gotta give it a slight knock for it to come back on. I already checked, the casing is tightened. :sian:

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

bro where did u do ur 4 point grounding ?

Any bike shop can do for you ...

just went to fit up a 4 point grounding for $30.. now my bike is like so much smoother... use to have rough throttler... and the sound is like kinda heavy...

UP! for grounding

Last time 1 bro here do it DIY job 6 pts

3 Arai Helmet Meets Up :angel: