SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

hi..

where to buy Project Big 1 3pt crash bar and belly pan? Around how much and where to buy? thx thx..:cheeky:

Bro! Finally got your PB1/VerS? Haha.. Remember we were in the same predicament, being bikeless. Although I can't compare to you cos I was only bikeless for 1 week!

Unique motors can do installation for crash bar. They told me for PB1/VerS may need some modifications, but they're willing to do it. I'm currently waiting for the black crash bar to be in stock. Anodized black is chio!

For belly-pan, if I'm not wrong, Motoworld does it. Read it around somewhere. But mind you, wanna change EO, gotta take out the belly pan, then afterwards put it back again.

By the way, how much was the PB1? Plate? Condition? COE until?

Do update ya, bro! :p

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro! Finally got your PB1/VerS? Haha.. Remember we were in the same predicament, being bikeless. Although I can't compare to you cos I was only bikeless for 1 week!

Unique motors can do installation for crash bar. They told me for PB1/VerS may need some modifications, but they're willing to do it. I'm currently waiting for the black crash bar to be in stock. Anodized black is chio!

For belly-pan, if I'm not wrong, Motoworld does it. Read it around somewhere. But mind you, wanna change EO, gotta take out the belly pan, then afterwards put it back again.

By the way, how much was the PB1? Plate? Condition? COE until?

Do update ya, bro! :p

hi... i'm asking the belly pan and crash bar for my friend who is not active in this forum.. haha.. i haven bought my bike yet..

actually got 1 guy agreed to sell his pb1 to me.. but last min back out.. don wan to sell already.. haiz.. now still looking for bike...

btw.. u bought your version s?? haha.. alot problem...??

u bought ur bike from a forumer right? white base and red strip paintwork? with side box and rear box??? is it??

enjoy your ride..:cheeky:

Attitude is everything you need

:thumb:

31/10/06 - 12/09/07 FR 7325 B Honda SP

07/11/07 - 03/05/08 FQ 2462 B CB400 version s

10/05/08 - 26/11/08 FR 1206 B CB400 Vtec 1

27/11/08 - 09/01/09 FBA 1784 K Spark 135

07/02/09 - 31/10/09 FL 3809 E CBR 400 RRN

if cant find then consider slider, which i using it oso work the same

oh.. s4 can fit a slider???

Attitude is everything you need

:thumb:

31/10/06 - 12/09/07 FR 7325 B Honda SP

07/11/07 - 03/05/08 FQ 2462 B CB400 version s

10/05/08 - 26/11/08 FR 1206 B CB400 Vtec 1

27/11/08 - 09/01/09 FBA 1784 K Spark 135

07/02/09 - 31/10/09 FL 3809 E CBR 400 RRN

hi... i'm asking the belly pan and crash bar for my friend who is not active in this forum.. haha.. i haven bought my bike yet..

actually got 1 guy agreed to sell his pb1 to me.. but last min back out.. don wan to sell already.. haiz.. now still looking for bike...

btw.. u bought your version s?? haha.. alot problem...??

u bought ur bike from a forumer right? white base and red strip paintwork? with side box and rear box??? is it??

enjoy your ride..:cheeky:

Not that problematic la.. Just little flaws here and there which I'm trying to correct. And I think I'm being paranoid over the engine block leakage. But you can't blame me, no? It's a 10-year old bike after all. :cheeky: No, I didn't buy that monster with the back and side boxes. Bought it from a little known forumer who posted once and kept quiet, until I contacted him. Haha.

oh.. s4 can fit a slider???

Can.. There's actually a post on it. But based on the pictures I saw, I strongly believe that a 3-pt crashbar would protect the engine better. :thumb:

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

Ok.. A little CSI concluded it. Apparently, Monoworld bought his Ver S from a friend. Variety of problems, from high fuel consumption to hollow exhaust sound. Meter light dim, problems with the rectifier (which was replaced), coolant system was shot (replaced by Racewerkz).

I believe something must have happened again. Something big. Something bad. That's why he's considering the thought of selling his Ver S.

Hmm..

wadafrak bro,

tat is a great csi job done! haha.

feels like replacing it coz the stock exhaust is giving me probs. although the hollow sound was fixed by Norman from Racewerk. he said the ring inside the exhaust collapsed so he jz knocked with a long rod of metal and problem solved. The exhaust sound was loud though.

Recently, the sound of my exhaust different again. sounds like tio choked and power loss was felt. it was like on and off probs.

went to unique to troubleshoot the problem b4 gg to racewerk, the mech said my oil seal is broken after seeing my spark plug got engine oils on it. put me off completely.

thinking of getting aftermarket exhaust or troubleshoot other probs but no point coz i gg to get either a fazer 600 or 1L or yamaha diversion 900 nxt year.

headache problems haha

Bro, I think I'm having some sort, the same problem as you. My exhaust header, something is detached inside, causing a "Ziinngggggggggg" sound when my RPM passes 3k, or when I'm cruising on the expressway. It's loud enough to be irritating! Unique mechs advice me to go to a workshop and cut the header open, remove the detached thing (suspected to be the silencer) and weld it back together.

A fellow forumer advised me to go to Planet to get it done.

Tio choked and power loss. Have you tried servicing your carburettor? What plate is your Ver S by the way? How come your friend rip you off sia.. How much was it sold to you for?

yo wadafark.. that's 'de-cat' the header.. i heard it cost around $60-80 if im not wrong.. definitely nice bassy sound.. my fren did that for his version S.. and i think it sounded like an aftermarket.. but its at the expense of tampering with the exhaust which equates to illegality issues and you noe wad that means.. keke

931153_10151259704352614_844334838_n.jpg

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Bro, I think I'm having some sort, the same problem as you. My exhaust header, something is detached inside, causing a "Ziinngggggggggg" sound when my RPM passes 3k, or when I'm cruising on the expressway. It's loud enough to be irritating! Unique mechs advice me to go to a workshop and cut the header open, remove the detached thing (suspected to be the silencer) and weld it back together.

A fellow forumer advised me to go to Planet to get it done.

Tio choked and power loss. Have you tried servicing your carburettor? What plate is your Ver S by the way? How come your friend rip you off sia.. How much was it sold to you for?

bro my ver-s is FN8**8U

I serviced the carb twice within the first mth. The first time I duno Racewerk got wash or nt but they charged me for it.. When I was at Unique and they took out, the carb is damn dirty and that was like 1-2 weeks only. After tuning, power is great! I called up racewerk and they said they did wash it but my eyes were not there and I rest my case.

bro for your case, y not try go to Planet and rectify the matter..? I think that should be sufficient. I think I need to buy a exhaust to rectify the matter which is not gg to happen haha

Friend ripped me off? I could pay him in stages so not so bad lah.. I'd say that is part and parcel in buying bike.

yo wadafark.. that's 'de-cat' the header.. i heard it cost around $60-80 if im not wrong.. definitely nice bassy sound.. my fren did that for his version S.. and i think it sounded like an aftermarket.. but its at the expense of tampering with the exhaust which equates to illegality issues and you noe wad that means.. keke

where can this 'de-cat' thing be done? and will it affect the yearly inspections?

In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but it seems like a great place to talk about our 400SF's.

I've got a 1995 400SF Spec 2, had for a few months. It's been running fine until recently when I started noticing a smell of petrol coming from under the tank. There are no apparent leaks, it's all dry down there, so I can't figure out where it's coming from. My fuel comsumption is off too - only get about 200km per tank!

Also, I think the bikes performance isn't what it used to be.. a little slower accelerating.

I checked the coolant, air filter (looks pretty clean) and oil - the oil smells like petrol, is this normal ? The exhaust smoke is clear and the bike starts without problems.

Should I get the carbs cleaned and tuned? What about the carb pins, get them checked?

That's about it.. hope someone can help me out! Cheers

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but it seems like a great place to talk about our 400SF's.

I've got a 1995 400SF Spec 2, had for a few months. It's been running fine until recently when I started noticing a smell of petrol coming from under the tank. There are no apparent leaks, it's all dry down there, so I can't figure out where it's coming from. My fuel comsumption is off too - only get about 200km per tank!

Also, I think the bikes performance isn't what it used to be.. a little slower accelerating.

I checked the coolant, air filter (looks pretty clean) and oil - the oil smells like petrol, is this normal ? The exhaust smoke is clear and the bike starts without problems.

Should I get the carbs cleaned and tuned? What about the carb pins, get them checked?

That's about it.. hope someone can help me out! Cheers

think u gotta send ur bike to workshop for an inspection. suspecting tat ur petrol hose is leaking... :giddy:

AMKS4 Riders, Gathering S4 Riders of our Tomato Land

- My current ride, Honda CB 400 Super 4 Hyper VTEC. More pictures @ friendster.com/s4vtec -

http://photos-566.friendster.com/e1/photos/66/56/31526566/1_265855588l.jpg

- Feel free to contact Thomas aka s4vtec @ 969-11-787 should you have any questions about your S4. -

Another possibility is the float in the carburettor may be punctured or not at its proper level. Hence, during motion (eg: when riding), excess petrol will leak via the overflow tube inside the sump of the carburettor. That could be why you don't see any petrol leakage when stationary.

BTW 1995 there was no spec 2? Even 2005 there was spec 3 already...Yeah Suspect petrol lines.....Quite common for 95 bike.Cost about $8 for each fuel line..

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Thanks for the comments.. so far it could be the fuel lines or carburetor float. Is there a way to check which one it is, before going to the mechanic?

I'm a little confused which bike it actually is - it says Version S, Spec 2, Hyper VTEC on the bike.. and it's a 1995 model! So I guess a previous owner just put stickers on? I'll upload some photos this weekend ^^

Thanks for the comments.. so far it could be the fuel lines or carburetor float. Is there a way to check which one it is, before going to the mechanic?

I'm a little confused which bike it actually is - it says Version S, Spec 2, Hyper VTEC on the bike.. and it's a 1995 model! So I guess a previous owner just put stickers on? I'll upload some photos this weekend ^^

Don't you have the log card to check the model? If not just login to here with your singpass to check on your bike's details.