SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

Hahaha....relax2 ver S got the 1st edition and 2nd edition. Urs is the 1st edition and supposedly the head and exhaust must look as same as PB1. I heard that the 1st edition is supposedly meant for better fuel consumption but not for performance. Then they change it to 2nd edition and that is for performace. But if you can tune the 1st edition, its performance is better than the 2nd edition. Mikedirt is using 1st edition ver S and its a power bike.

you mean tune the curb so that i can get a better performance? by the way.. i wanna try BROQUET on my VersionS.. what is your recommendation??

and hondaman... do you live and eat with super4??

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/asset.php?fid=279659&uid=24812&d=1407032960

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you mean tune the curb so that i can get a better performance? by the way.. i wanna try BROQUET on my VersionS.. what is your recommendation??

22km/L very good... I think you more or less decided to put BROQUET cos keep mention about it... what i think this will not improve much of fuel comsumption. what is you ideal figure that consider good? maybe u check will the dealer how much more can u save compare to present 22km/L.

service you curb and have proper tuning will hence better fuel comsumption and performance

3 Arai Helmet Meets Up :angel:

22km/L very good... I think you more or less decided to put BROQUET cos keep mention about it... what i think this will not improve much of fuel comsumption. what is you ideal figure that consider good? maybe u check will the dealer how much more can u save compare to present 22km/L.

service you curb and have proper tuning will hence better fuel comsumption and performance

LOL... you kinda irritated with me going over BROQUET... my ideal FC will be like 25-28km/l for my versionS... as i cannot compare my old phantom that is like MAX 40km/L.. LOL...

sorry... i'm still super new to my VersionS... and I'm thinking of putting just only 4 point grounding without the vold stabalizer

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/asset.php?fid=279659&uid=24812&d=1407032960

LOL... you kinda irritated with me going over BROQUET... my ideal FC will be like 25-28km/l for my versionS... as i cannot compare my old phantom that is like MAX 40km/L.. LOL...

sorry... i'm still super new to my VersionS... and I'm thinking of putting just only 4 point grounding without the vold stabalizer

no lah :cheeky: .. I oso like you when to fix something but cannt make up my mind will keep asking till someone give some + remarks. then got the peace mind.:angel:

I saw a thread say something like if no good can refund maybe can take up challenge wif them. cannt hit ur ideal figure refund c what they say lor

?? from seeing my engine.. you will be able to see is it PB1 or versionS??

how to see the different?? the shop told me this bike is VersionS le...

below is a photo of my engine.. please enlighten me

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2293/1991330366_ce6904565b.jpg

ur's is a ver s ....

pb1 mostly .... the engine part is chrome .... most i saw tried spray black on it stupit right .....

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

no lah :cheeky: .. I oso like you when to fix something but cannt make up my mind will keep asking till someone give some + remarks. then got the peace mind.:angel:

I saw a thread say something like if no good can refund maybe can take up challenge wif them. cannt hit ur ideal figure refund c what they say lor

haahah.. wanna take up their challenge but still working on my tight budget... thanks for all the senior help..

suddenly i miss my ver s ....

yum yum .....

see my fren ride her and not washing her makes me really sad .....

all the mods .....

i say a unique ride ....

n fuel consumsion .... simply WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

eh ex non vtec rider cannot join ar ..... hahahahaha

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

anyways ... i would just like to say ....

don't knock a hole in the oem end can just for the sound ....

very poor perfomance if u do that .... only the sound nice ....

do .... burn the metal "filter" at ur headers ... it's at the 2 in the 4-2-1 system .... very light throttle respond ....

overheating is mainly water pump problem and radiator problem .....

and lastly ...

i'm bored .... hehehehehe

sori ar irritating

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

anyways ... i would just like to say ....

don't knock a hole in the oem end can just for the sound ....

very poor perfomance if u do that .... only the sound nice ....

do .... burn the metal "filter" at ur headers ... it's at the 2 in the 4-2-1 system .... very light throttle respond ....

overheating is mainly water pump problem and radiator problem .....

and lastly ...

i'm bored .... hehehehehe

sori ar irritating

ur S4 so many thing to mod now busa nothing to mod liao :cheeky:

for gd fuel consumption .... better when times come go do a top clean up aka top overhaul ....

every new bike that turns old will be facing with high fuel consumption ....

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

me not moding my bike ????

that's a time i too wanna see .....

I"M adDICKted to MODDING !!!!!

aiyo ..... any doctors have any drugs for this ????

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

Simply urs dun need to mod lah. I see the bike swee already.

I dun get wat u mean by Live & Eat with super4.

For me, I love my bike very much and tried my best to make it tip top lor. and yes its my tour and transport bike to & fro work.

Honda Rebel 125 (Rebeliah) 2004-2006

Super 4 Ver S (Sephia) 2006-

Mersing(Air papan), Desaru,Tanjung Balau,Tanjung Piai,Pahang/Rompin,Penyabong,bekok waterfalls,Sepang/KL, Penang/KL,Melacca/Gunung Ledang,Pahang Endau Rompin Jungle. more to come~

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/salleh_/S4MHondaman.jpg

for gd fuel consumption .... better when times come go do a top clean up aka top overhaul ....

every new bike that turns old will be facing with high fuel consumption ....

The BUBBLE boy is back. hahahaha. Hows ur HAYABUBBLEBUSA? :angel:

Mersing(Air papan), Desaru,Tanjung Balau,Tanjung Piai,Pahang/Rompin,Penyabong,bekok waterfalls,Sepang/KL, Penang/KL,Melacca/Gunung Ledang,Pahang Endau Rompin Jungle. more to come~

so hondaman... what is your comments about RevTec or Broquet on VersionS??

since like you are the most lao jiao here...

Dunno, me no expert. Should ask someone who is familliar with these item. :angel:

Revtec is the same as power abuser rite?

Most lao Jiao no lah.. I also newbie. Just learning slowly from people and mech about bike stuff and problems thats all.

Cheers.

Whilte rim tape installed! Looks great, with the logo "HONDA CB400SF"

Went to Unique earlier and:

a) Changed Steering Cone

b) Changed Clutch Cable

c) Repaired the Front Forks

d) Changed Fork Seals

Total damage: $190.

Dear fellow Non-VTEC users, it is advisable for you to repair your front forks if you haven't done anything to it ever since you got your bike. My fork looked okay from the outside. I asked the Unique Motors mech (didn't get his name!) about the squeaky sound from my fork after rainy weather. He told me that water could be seeping inside and could corrode the internal parts. There was no leakage of oil by the way.

Opted for a repair. True enough, the rubber seal was cracked due to wear and tear. Both the internal circlips were heavily corroded and I doubt they could last for another few months. If the circlip gives way, the rubber seal would start leaking fork oil, or worst, the fork oil could come gushing out.

The fork oil had also turned milky white/brown due to mixing with water. Everything was cleaned up and Maxima Fork Oil was used.

Steering cone wise, the handling is more stable now. But the bias to the right is still there. The braking ABS feeling is not so pronounced already. The mech also commented that my front rims were slightly dented and could affect handling, albeit not in a disastrous manner.

Tired. From Jurong to Eunos and back. Yawn..

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

Tim17, you bought your Ver S from a shop? How much were you charged, with or without COE?

I trade in my phantom... with COE renewed... and plus my insurance... i top up another $3k...

Whilte rim tape installed! Looks great, with the logo "HONDA CB400SF"

Went to Unique earlier and:

a) Changed Steering Cone

b) Changed Clutch Cable

c) Repaired the Front Forks

d) Changed Fork Seals

Total damage: $190.

Dear fellow Non-VTEC users, it is advisable for you to repair your front forks if you haven't done anything to it ever since you got your bike. My fork looked okay from the outside. I asked the Unique Motors mech (didn't get his name!) about the squeaky sound from my fork after rainy weather. He told me that water could be seeping inside and could corrode the internal parts. There was no leakage of oil by the way.

Opted for a repair. True enough, the rubber seal was cracked due to wear and tear. Both the internal circlips were heavily corroded and I doubt they could last for another few months. If the circlip gives way, the rubber seal would start leaking fork oil, or worst, the fork oil could come gushing out.

The fork oil had also turned milky white/brown due to mixing with water. Everything was cleaned up and Maxima Fork Oil was used.

Steering cone wise, the handling is more stable now. But the bias to the right is still there. The braking ABS feeling is not so pronounced already. The mech also commented that my front rims were slightly dented and could affect handling, albeit not in a disastrous manner.

Tired. From Jurong to Eunos and back. Yawn..

$190 is a good price Bro! :thumb:

Luckily u check the forks. Thats the thing abt old bikes like us. :cry:

I trade in my phantom... with COE renewed... and plus my insurance... i top up another $3k...

TA200? Let's say the shop accepted that for about $1.4k, everything included would be about $4.4k.

Same as me I suppose. Although I went another route. Sold my TA200 thru the forums for $1.4k, topped up about $800 (bike - $2k minus $1.4k, insurance - $400 minus $200) to get my bike. COE ending in Dec '08. So patiently waiting for the price to hopefully GO DOWN!

Ok uh Hondaman. The mechs at Unique are :thumb: Initially wanted to only change steering cone, but added this and that, managed to get a discount. They even let me use some special soap which they had to clean my gold rims, for free. Those black brake dust marks on the gold rims can't be removed by anything I tell you. Tried soap. WD40, petrol. Nothing. But that special soap removed it effortlessly. Haha. :sian:

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

TA200? Let's say the shop accepted that for about $1.4k, everything included would be about $4.4k.

Same as me I suppose. Although I went another route. Sold my TA200 thru the forums for $1.4k, topped up about $800 (bike - $2k minus $1.4k, insurance - $400 minus $200) to get my bike. COE ending in Dec '08. So patiently waiting for the price to hopefully GO DOWN!

Ok uh Hondaman. The mechs at Unique are :thumb: Initially wanted to only change steering cone, but added this and that, managed to get a discount. They even let me use some special soap which they had to clean my gold rims, for free. Those black brake dust marks on the gold rims can't be removed by anything I tell you. Tried soap. WD40, petrol. Nothing. But that special soap removed it effortlessly. Haha. :sian:

actually i top up another $500 only to make the $3k balance...