SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] The Laptop, Netbook & Tablet PC Thread

Izammo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

My laptop have a special funny prob.

My bat was spoil, so I always using adapter for my notebook for many yrs..

Now having a funny prob..

My notebook at my work place can use as normal.. nothing prob giving..

At hm, can swift on but cannot go into window.. keep repeat at starting menu, once start to running window will automatic restart again....

:sian::sian:

Try many times alos like tat, only at hm cannot use but nothing prob at work place..... :dozed::dozed:

Any1 knw wat happen for it??

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae169/bennie_you/PB010893.jpghttp://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae169/bennie_you/PB010886.jpg

Benster,

For the first step in troubleshooting, can you check to see if "Automatic Restart On System Failure" is switched on?

Here's how to check (Please switch this setting "on" if you find that is switched "off")

Click here if you are using Windows 7

Click here if you are using Windows XP

When you follow the instructions above, it will enable your computer to bluescreen. Please record down what you see on the screen, or take a picture using your cameraphone.

Only then can we all here know roughly what the issue is and to provide you the next steps to check ;)

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

Hmm sounds like your home network connection has some kind of problem which triggers update of your network card drivers, which in turn, triggers the restart of your laptop. Are you 100% sure that your laptop won't restart when connected to your office network?

buy a battery for your laptop.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

Some error in the Windows OS - try to do a system recovery (you know, some laptops you can hit F9 or something and the OS restores to a usable state).

Problem is the data loss from restore, which you can avoid by booting with the Windows CD and overwriting the current OS. (No need to reformat, if you just want the thing workable again).

Most critical settings will be retained, no data loss, last time I tried. Just start reinstalling drivers and programs back again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, my 2 weeks old Lenovo IdeaPad U460 crashed after I tried pairing it with my phone using bluetooth. Called the service centre and their only solution is to reformat it. :eek:

Anyone has any other solution besides that? It's only 2 weeks and I haven't backed up my stuff... So hopefully I don't have to restore it to factory settings.

Here's what it states:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/4886443171_59f07850b3.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4886443181_7f7431323c.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd13/eedwinn89/IMG_4518-1-1.jpg

Hi guys, my 2 weeks old Lenovo IdeaPad U460 crashed after I tried pairing it with my phone using bluetooth. Called the service centre and their only solution is to reformat it. :eek:

Anyone has any other solution besides that? It's only 2 weeks and I haven't backed up my stuff... So hopefully I don't have to restore it to factory settings.

Here's what it states:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/4886443171_59f07850b3.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4886443181_7f7431323c.jpg

Drop me a PM with more details please.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys , i m unable to boot up my laptop , everytime i turn on the laptop , it goes to a black screen which let me select if i wan to boot up in safe mode, safe mode wif networking, safe mode wif command prompt or start up normally , but every time i select any thing , it juz hangs n does nothing .

Any idea wats wrong or any avenues to solve tis ?

My whole itunes library is in there . :slapforehead:

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Sounds like the OS in your laptop is fried! Got try reinstalling your OS?

Read if your OS is windows! Linux or Apple OS - can't help man.

I reinstalled windows on my com by ->

Have the Windows installation CD in the Disc Drive -> Go to the setup when you turn on your lappy ( should be F12 or something ) -> Go to the drives thing, where you choose which to boot first ( HDD or the Disc Drive ), choose Disc Drive -> Apply Changes and Exit -> Restart lappy -> Should go to the Windows installation page

Don't do what I say first.. wait for other people to reply and see.. I'm no computer genius!

nelo said:
sometimes facebook is like a fridge. you open it once every little while hoping something new will appear only to realise nothing changed.

Aprilia RX125 

Yamaha X1R

Kymco Downtown 200

KTM Duke 200

Gilera Runner ST200

Suzuki DRZ400SM

Honda CB400X

Kawasaki Ninja 400

Suzuki DRZ400SM
Suzuki Vstrom 1000 

usually some file required for startup cause it to hang cos it's corrupted or missing.

a system restore (if windows) or duno what that called for apple (time capsule or something?) can be done, and hopefully your files are there.

best is still let a professional (or semi-pro) look it for you if you aint familiar or comfortable with doing it.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

Hi guys , i m unable to boot up my laptop , everytime i turn on the laptop , it goes to a black screen which let me select if i wan to boot up in safe mode, safe mode wif networking, safe mode wif command prompt or start up normally , but every time i select any thing , it juz hangs n does nothing .

Any idea wats wrong or any avenues to solve tis ?

My whole itunes library is in there . :slapforehead:

THERE ARE SOOO MANY THINGS YOU CAN DO! AHA

you could,

take out the hard disk and plug it into an external enclosure to draw or data out,

or you could try to repair your windows files.

most prolly you've got some problems with them. :>

[email protected]

Need help with IT?

Class 3 - Jun 09.

2B - ?

Civic Type R -> aprilia rs125? :x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know by experience for Macs a replacement LCD screen (minus the surrounding frame) can cost $700 to $1200.

Perhaps WinTel type laptops are slightly lesser. Also, you can go to Sim Lim to inquire if you want; if you go up to the upper levels and toward the back of the building, you'll find lots of run-of-the-mill basic computer repair shops that you can inquire.

Hope this helps a little.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone knows which shop does replacement of notebook LCD screen? And the estimated price for a 15"? Thanks!

drop me a PM with the brand, model and warranty of the notebook in question.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

• 5 months later...

hey.. i'm using acer aspire n270 zg8 model netbook. i heard abt ppl upgrading their RAM to 2GB. is it of good outcome? where can i upgrade? cost to upgrade? thanks...

Apr 2006 - Oct 2009: Yamaha RXZ 135 (FS 3*** E)

Oct 2009 - CURRENT: CB400 Spec 1 (FT 7*** J)

hey.. i'm using acer aspire n270 zg8 model netbook. i heard abt ppl upgrading their RAM to 2GB. is it of good outcome? where can i upgrade? cost to upgrade? thanks...

More RAM benefits performance when a lot of multitasking is done. Personally, I don't multitask or run intensive apps on a netbook so 1gb was sufficient. If you intend to upgrade to windows 7 then it's a must to have lots and lots of RAM otherwise the OS will be as slow as a snail. How about windows XP? A well managed (all unnecessary apps and services cut away) netbook uses a very small memory footprint.

So I was happy with 1gb in my Asus netbook. 2gb of ram on an Atom processor won't make it magically faster... unless you have a dozen programs open at once.

How easy is it to upgrade the RAM?

Some models like ASUS Eee PCs are very easy to upgrade components. The RAM has its own bay door. Others, like the early-version Aspires, require disassembly of the entire computer to get at the RAM. Might want to consult an Aspire netbook forum for tips, there are bound to be a lot of enthusiast netbook forums out in the internet.

More RAM benefits performance when a lot of multitasking is done. Personally, I don't multitask or run intensive apps on a netbook so 1gb was sufficient. If you intend to upgrade to windows 7 then it's a must to have lots and lots of RAM otherwise the OS will be as slow as a snail. How about windows XP? A well managed (all unnecessary apps and services cut away) netbook uses a very small memory footprint.

So I was happy with 1gb in my Asus netbook. 2gb of ram on an Atom processor won't make it magically faster... unless you have a dozen programs open at once.

How easy is it to upgrade the RAM?

Some models like ASUS Eee PCs are very easy to upgrade components. The RAM has its own bay door. Others, like the early-version Aspires, require disassembly of the entire computer to get at the RAM. Might want to consult an Aspire netbook forum for tips, there are bound to be a lot of enthusiast netbook forums out in the internet.

hey thanks fr that enlightenment. actually i've partly look into it but most of d outcome is DIY which i'm nt really gd at. and i dun really dare to dismantle d netbook incase it gets spoilt in d end. thats y i'm scouting fr computer shops in sg that does these upgrading of netbook components at a small fee. anyone knws?

Apr 2006 - Oct 2009: Yamaha RXZ 135 (FS 3*** E)

Oct 2009 - CURRENT: CB400 Spec 1 (FT 7*** J)