SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] HONDA Hornets' Nest 250/600/900

Motrax33

which one will u take?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. which one will u take?

Ok great, thanks yinghai. isit okay during wet weather? and which model you got?

But should disaster be my fate,

Guide me through to Heaven’s gate

03 Cagiva Planet (R.I.P) 21/12/09-06/05/10

05 Aprilia Rs125 10/08/10-10/11/12

02 Honda Hornet 250 10/11/12-

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shinkos are korean. slightly basic in the market compared to bridgestone and metzelers etc.

glad to see you got cheap parts in china. just don't save on the critical components like brakes and tyres.

you will not regret the change to stainless steel brakelines. i never looked back when i changed. the feel is so much better. slightly more progressive and saves alot of space that the original brake line brackets took up.

i suggest you go HLC to do the lines. 3 lines at 130 sgd. 2 lines probably around 90.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

shinkos are korean. slightly basic in the market compared to bridgestone and metzelers etc.

glad to see you got cheap parts in china. just don't save on the critical components like brakes and tyres.

you will not regret the change to stainless steel brakelines. i never looked back when i changed. the feel is so much better. slightly more progressive and saves alot of space that the original brake line brackets took up.

i suggest you go HLC to do the lines. 3 lines at 130 sgd. 2 lines probably around 90.

Frost, can help me get the hugger?? I'll BRIBE you abit.. Anyway, the bike is indeed high, changing to fz16 handlebars.. Donnue will hit the tank or not.. My another bike just crash again after new paintwork.. Sianz.. You can whatsapp me at 81829750 on the hugger..

my two babes..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/malex_sky/signature.jpg

hot babes...

Kok, theres a 919 for sale in garage sales.. Everytime theres a 250, its either i got no cash or bought another bike already.. I nearly got a good condition hornet from here but the loan got rejected.. Feels so bad making him reserve the bike for me and didnt buy from him..

my two babes..

hot babes...

Yinghai, sorry i didnt see it, i got it from taobao, and its one heck of a trouble, i had to thick skin ask my not so close china friend and didnt know it was that troublesome, had to find a third party to buy, then pay them via paypal and wait for item to get to them then pay them the shipping. If only i can read/write chinese well, if you can,i can help you out! so wont bother my uhm friend lol

The front brakes are just horrible- BTW last sat i had a small lowside gg towards pie-tuas, gg into the highway there was a broken tree in my path i couldnt change lane as there was a silver car, and i progressively press the fronts and it just locked on me. went down immediately wtfffff no theres a dent on the left and crack on the rear tail. at least it was minor and the handling still seems the same.

so i bought a brembo 13mm master with ss line and brembo goldline caliper for like 200 on ebay, so ill fit it on and pray it works better. CSV thanks for the advice, yea i wont scrimp on stuff like brakes, wheres the cheapest to get better tyres?

btw guys one of the best oem brembo master that stunters and sportbike riders buy to upgrade from their nissins are the 16x18 used on R1/R6. Its still small enough for single disc and large enough for dual discs. I used it on my rs125, if i didnt get the ebay deal i wouldve swapped to this. Can get at rowell road, its a spares shop so buy the master for $99, the other side clamp for $5(they got a more ex one for 15 but just get the cheaper one lol) and the lever screw ($6 i think) if youre now swapping from your old master. Then buy some cheap resevoir+bracket+lever from ahboy for like $30. so total 140SGD!! for a brand spanking new brake pump!!

JB has pirelli angel ST rears for 720rm including installation and balancing. Shinko rears for 550rm including etc. Does ah boy sell our size at a good price?

Guys found a good cdi to swap out, it removes the rev limiter so itll go up to 19k and seems to give better accurate sparks and give better response and fuel consumption, took this info from hornets nest uk. it sells for about 200sgd inc shipping, if yall interested i can get.

Also! i found a CAR paintshop thats willing to do my bike! including fixing dent+1 color+fix the medium sized crack for 600rm. thats 241sgd :D gonna paint it in gunmetal. The cars he does seem good enough, he would sand down all paint, and then paint followed by clear coat the same way on cars.

Overall having a great experience on this bike, see soo much potential for a nippy light fun commuter, named him aiden meaning little fire.

Also ill try and attach these megazine review of the hornet 250 against other 2A bikes! Including the cb400 from then till now, these bikes have not changed much mostly only costmetics so its relevant :D

Enjoy riding guys!

http://www.hornet-250.8k.com/Road-Test-Rep/RTRP-Grey-Jap.htm

The cdi can get around 140 only... I bought my clutch pump for like 280 for 1098... The brake pump also around the same price.. Donnue whats the difference between them.. Caliper not sure can fit or not.. Coffee someday??

my two babes..

hot babes...

140 get from where? aliexpress? clutch pump? isnt it mechanical for stock? caliper should fit 650mm mounting points unless its 630 like some of the honda forks, but if so ill have to get an adaptor. yea sure im now immobile at home the bike landed on my calf so ill have to wait forawhile lol ahboy quoted me 250 for rear bridgestone i guess ill get from them

where u get from the shink? ah boy? 200plus is cheap, but theyre korean and from the reviews agaisnt the bridgestones and michelins not that good in wear and rain leh...

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/acatalog/Honda_Centre_Stands.html

http://www.motohaus.com/acatalog/Honda_Centre_Stands.html

sw motech has them, or honda oem has them too, honda need to remove exhaust and put in motech dont need, if honda oem maybe u can go rowell fjt and ask them to order? it might be cheaper. or wait for 2nd hand parts on ebay i doubt itll come often as once u put centre stand u wont take out already.

i would go with bridgestone or metzeler, but thats me la. i always prefer them against shinkos.

you install such powerful brakes on your 250, not scared stoppie ah?!

and btw wheres this place where you plan to paint the bike? i not sure if i wanna leave my bike overnight in malaysia....

Same thinking as me . . . I'll rather bet my life on Bridgestone or Metzeler (or even Michelin and Pirelli).

Upgraded to Brembo RCS16 (although from R1/R6 but still from Brembo) and caliper but settled on Shinko tyres?

Something just doesn't match up . . .

i would go with bridgestone or metzeler, but thats me la. i always prefer them against shinkos.

you install such powerful brakes on your 250, not scared stoppie ah?!

Edited by Senna4Ever
Wrong spelling

Erm, not sure if anyone knows this.. Shinkos are not like irc tires.. They are originally yokohama tires.. I certainly wouldnt trust my life if i need a better performance.. But they have been tested on tracks with good reviews.. I cant force you to buy them.. If youre on a budget, you can try them..

my two babes..

hot babes...

• 2 weeks later...

@yinghai - yea i could if you could speak proper chinese i believe so, ill find a pic for you. Ahboy quote me 235 for front and rear shinkos, 245 for rear bridgestone bt-023. i took the bridgestones. Theres a proper 19 tyre review online i cant find it they tested the shinkos, it was notable heavier, and turn in was slower, which is not an issue to me cause im not racing on it lol but they also said it lost exit corner grip much more than any of the tyre tested. Iirc it was 9 secs slower than the 1st tyre, and runs single compound rubber. bridgestones run 5 compounds from a hard centre to soft sides. I say if youre looking for something that works and you wanna save money go for the shinkos.

@CSV- If it can make the bike stoppie itll be awesome! lol stoppies mean the brakes are progressive enough that you can feel the limit of pressing to hard and 'skidding' the front and too little so the bike wont lift up. the brembo MC is to get the feel. my first bike was a cagiva planet, and those brembo MCs feel amazing i had quite a few accidental stoppies on it lol.

@Senna4Ever - If you took the stock brembo MC from an r1/r6 its not a RCS16, its two very different MCS, rcs 16 are aftermarket and are better constructed and have more adjustability. It might not match up cause youre running a 16mm radial for a single disc and would feel less lever feel.

wah seh, you ride all the rare bikes man. the cagiva planet is also another ducati monster lookalike.

the one with round or oval exhaust one ah? lol. comes with shifter light if i recall.

The one with the oval one, no lol no shifter. just a really fun 125cc stroker that came with premium stuff like marzocchis brembos etc. my hornets handling still not the same, hoping to replace the worn parts and have it feel good if not better than my planet.