SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

BMW Motorcycles

Drawmer

Hi,

I am thinking of getting F800R but having hear-say that servicing BMW bike is very expensive. What is the usual cost for eo change and filter change? Is the eo change per 4000 km too? What's average maintenance cost (petrol not included). I also heard PML sparepart cost is reasonable but not the labor cost?

Thank you in advance. Just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into interm of maintenance cost. :)

p.s. saw earlier post about maintenance not much diff than Japanese bike? appreciate if you can tell me (pm is fine) how much $$$ actually cost to do regular maintenance. what about those big one? 10K 30K maintenance? cost a bomb? 1k?

TIA

Edited by icepisang

bmw_r1100rt.jpg

Vehicle Type: P00 - Passenger Motorcycle/Autocycle/Moped

Vehicle Scheme: Normal

Vehicle Make: B.M.W.

Vehicle Model: R1100RT

Engine Capacity: 1085 cc

Year Of Manufacture: 2000

Original Registration Date: 09 Mar 2001

COE Category: D - Motorcycle

COE Expiry Date: 08 Mar 2021

Road Tax Expiry Date: 12 Oct 2011

Inspection Due Date: 12 Apr 2012

Any interested parties please contact me here or leave message. Come and view the bike yourself to appreciate it and make an offer. Transfer fee to be borne by buyer.

Edited by miRides

Hi,

I am thinking of getting F800R but having hear-say that servicing BMW bike is very expensive. What is the usual cost for eo change and filter change? Is the eo change per 4000 km too? What's average maintenance cost (petrol not included). I also heard PML sparepart cost is reasonable but not the labor cost?

Thank you in advance. Just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into interm of maintenance cost. :)

p.s. saw earlier post about maintenance not much diff than Japanese bike? appreciate if you can tell me (pm is fine) how much $$$ actually cost to do regular maintenance. what about those big one? 10K 30K maintenance? cost a bomb? 1k?

TIA

Not very true, especially for the F engines. Maintenance is every 10000km, and typically cost about $150-$200.

Although it is not necessary, I do my oil change every 5000km. That cost about $90 including change of oil filter.

Yes, labour cost is expensive but quite complete. They will even do test rides. Once I went in to change the tires and they found that braking was not as strong, and they flushed the brake lines and changed the brake fluids.

The F800R should be cheaper to maintain than the F800ST. For the fact that they do not need to take out any fairing, which will increase the labour cost.

1992: Suzuki GN125

1995: Suzuki Intruder 400

2000: BMW R1100R

2006: Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Low

2008: BMW F800ST

2011: BMW R1200R Classic (still riding)

2015: Harley Davidson Low Rider

Wow... so it is essentially cheaper than Honda? I spent 130-150 every 4000. With Beemer 10,000 maintenance, that makes Honda more expensive.

Now, my mind is set. It is a matter of saving up and trading in my bike for F800R.

Thank you cgl. Appreciate it. :)

Not very true, especially for the F engines. Maintenance is every 10000km, and typically cost about $150-$200.

Although it is not necessary, I do my oil change every 5000km. That cost about $90 including change of oil filter.

Yes, labour cost is expensive but quite complete. They will even do test rides. Once I went in to change the tires and they found that braking was not as strong, and they flushed the brake lines and changed the brake fluids.

The F800R should be cheaper to maintain than the F800ST. For the fact that they do not need to take out any fairing, which will increase the labour cost.

Accessories can sell separately?

:cheeky:

hehe

When you have walked my path of pain and suffering

you will understand my need for revenge and to inflict pain on those who have betrayed me

As a scorpion bides its time to strike so shall I wait for that moment to obtain my vengeance

And my mocking laughter shall be the last thing they hear. In The End, We Remember Not The Words Of Our Enemies, But The Silence Of Friendships

Wow... so it is essentially cheaper than Honda? I spent 130-150 every 4000. With Beemer 10,000 maintenance, that makes Honda more expensive.

Now, my mind is set. It is a matter of saving up and trading in my bike for F800R.

Just did my Motul Full Syn Oil + K&N oil filter change $72 at my trusty mech shop. hahah! I told him F650GS need to drain oil from 3 locations, he shake head hahah!

The fact you change oil fo ryour honda every 4000km is already a waste of $$, I know some advocate oil change, I know a friend CBR1000 change Full Syb oil every 3000km. total waste of $$$. All my bikes Bandit400, DR650, SV650S oil change only at 10,000Km (or 6mth - 9mth) with no ill effects.

91-92: 84 Yam LC125

95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW

97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400

01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE

04-11: 99 Suz SV650S

05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE

06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan

11-12: 02 BMW F650GS

12-16 01 BMW R1150GS

When- Burgman Tmax ??

Haha. U want which one?

Zumo 660 u want?

u want to give ar..???

Thank you.... I come collect now..??

When you have walked my path of pain and suffering

you will understand my need for revenge and to inflict pain on those who have betrayed me

As a scorpion bides its time to strike so shall I wait for that moment to obtain my vengeance

And my mocking laughter shall be the last thing they hear. In The End, We Remember Not The Words Of Our Enemies, But The Silence Of Friendships

Honda need so frequent service? Fireblade?

BTW, I think PML may not do trade in. That's the hassle in buying from them. Have to sell on your own first, and that takes a little while usually. So need some planning ahead.

Oh, the F800 engine also sips petrol. I average about 24 km to 28 km per litre depending on how congested the expressways are. That is even though I always like to out accelerate R1s at the traffic light junction :). The high torque at low revs is very addictive. But of course, at high revs the F800 would tend to lose out.

1992: Suzuki GN125

1995: Suzuki Intruder 400

2000: BMW R1100R

2006: Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Low

2008: BMW F800ST

2011: BMW R1200R Classic (still riding)

2015: Harley Davidson Low Rider

How much? Come with bike brackets? (ram mount), 12V adapter? How old? What Maps have?:cool::cool:
C if i manage to sell the bike 1st ler.

All have. Complete mounts, lockable knob, Zumo 660 box n receipts. Direct connection to supply under the beak liao. 1+yr old. Additional Thai and Laos map if im not wrong.

u want to give ar..???

Thank you.... I come collect now..??

Come bring $ ok?

Hi anyone interested in taking taking their GS or F800 for some light offroad/ trials? Or anyone have any good place in Singapore example

Changi or Tampines to recommend?

Hey,

I'm keen. :)

None but the brave deserve the fair

My SERIOUS Rides:

WR 200 : Dec 2000 til Dec 2010

Varadero 125 : Feb 2007 til Dec 2009

XR450R : Dec 2008 til Jun 2011

BMW R1200GSA : Nov 2010 til present

BMW G450X : Dec 2010 til present

Hey Guys, my friend and i will be following a group of 4 to ENDAU Rompin (Light trials)this Saturday 14May2011. They will be staying over night till sunday but the 2 of us will be settling for a one dsay trip (coming back sat evening). Meet up time will be 830am at GP Esso.

Interested? sms me at 96386672

Just want to ride o_O

Hi anyone interested in taking taking their GS or F800 for some light offroad/ trials? Or anyone have any good place in Singapore example

Changi or Tampines to recommend?

i just did my off road plus enduro trail at Changi a few days ago.. 2 f800gs, a ktm 950 avd, an xr4 n 2 ktm200.. it was fun but the weather was terribly hot..bring n drink more water b4 entering the trail... and prepare to bail.. hehehe

will ask u along for the next trip :)

can i come too? :)

None but the brave deserve the fair

My SERIOUS Rides:

WR 200 : Dec 2000 til Dec 2010

Varadero 125 : Feb 2007 til Dec 2009

XR450R : Dec 2008 til Jun 2011

BMW R1200GSA : Nov 2010 til present

BMW G450X : Dec 2010 til present