SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

BMW Motorcycles

Drawmer

Hi,

The BMW tank emblems on my GS fell off. Besides buying the originals from PML, is there any place that can does custom logos or stickers?

Thanks.

Fellow Bimmer Rider,

Which GS model? Perhaps I can help.

bimmerboxer

Hi,

Any battery to recommend for 12GSA? I changed to a Yuasa battery but am not too happy with it. Need to crank the bike a few times to start up. Any positive experience with other batteries to share?

Just to help your issue before you spend big bux...

1) Riding behaviour - how often do you use your bike? If rarely or just short trips, then battery voltage and CCA will slowly drop causing you some difficulty at start up.

2) History - did you ever have a weak battery and tried to start your bike over multiple tries? This can damage your starter. Weak batteries will also cause ABS to fail at start up.

3) Maintenance - do you maintain your battery? i.e. Using a battery tender. Is your engine well maintained? (Got Oil Not? Service?) Lol

4) Equipment - does your Yuasa battery has the same specs as OEM? i.e same capacity as well as voltage (see below).

5) Modifications - do you have accessories draining the battery at idle or at rest? Remember, you are on Can Bus. A blown rear lamp can wreak havoc.

From a forum....

"I preferred a plug and play solution so went with the Yuasa YTX14-BS. Next time I'll go with the updated YTX14H-BS as it is the same form factor but rated at 240 CCA instead of the 200 CCA of the YTX14-BS (and the PC 535)."

read this

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/can-my-r1200gs-kill-my-battery-recognised-problem.492431/

I have used OEM, Other brands, even UPS batteries meant for data center power backup. Basically if I don't take care of them, they can go in as short as 6 months.

Am now using Shorai (big bux) but liking it.

Hope to have helped as not sure exactly which year your bike is, or its condition.

bimmerboxer

Thanks for your inputs.

1. Ride my oilcooled GSA daily on weekdays. Commute of 25km. Should be ample for charging battery. Not used on weekends.

2. Just changed my battery 3months ago as previous one died.

3.No battery tender.

4. Should be the same specs as oem. Rated CCA230

5. No modifications. Fully stock.

will monitor and update. Thanks!

Just to help your issue before you spend big bux...

1) Riding behaviour - how often do you use your bike? If rarely or just short trips, then battery voltage and CCA will slowly drop causing you some difficulty at start up.

2) History - did you ever have a weak battery and tried to start your bike over multiple tries? This can damage your starter. Weak batteries will also cause ABS to fail at start up.

3) Maintenance - do you maintain your battery? i.e. Using a battery tender. Is your engine well maintained? (Got Oil Not? Service?) Lol

4) Equipment - does your Yuasa battery has the same specs as OEM? i.e same capacity as well as voltage (see below).

5) Modifications - do you have accessories draining the battery at idle or at rest? Remember, you are on Can Bus. A blown rear lamp can wreak havoc.

From a forum....

"I preferred a plug and play solution so went with the Yuasa YTX14-BS. Next time I'll go with the updated YTX14H-BS as it is the same form factor but rated at 240 CCA instead of the 200 CCA of the YTX14-BS (and the PC 535)."

read this

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/can-my-r1200gs-kill-my-battery-recognised-problem.492431/

I have used OEM, Other brands, even UPS batteries meant for data center power backup. Basically if I don't take care of them, they can go in as short as 6 months.

Am now using Shorai (big bux) but liking it.

Hope to have helped as not sure exactly which year your bike is, or its condition.

My ride is a 2010 oilcooled GSA twincam.

I think its a 70mm badge. I have these but its without the thin black plastic backing.

Please note that non GSA use a different size and have a holder so I may be wrong.

BMW R1200GSA 2010 - Badge D=70MM Part No 51147721222

I can send you some pics so you can see if it suits you.

PM your details.

bimmerboxer

hi guys, thinking of getting the 2015 f800r. but dont see many on the road. Planning to fit it with topbox and panniers but was wondering if there are any brands besides the bmw boxes that have the racks for this model? I love H&B but if dont have the rack and must fabricate, really troublesome. thanks for the help

2008 July - 2010 March: Daelim Roadwin R 125 (FBC 8363 K)

2010 March - 2011 September: SYM GTS 200 (FBD 7445 J)

2011 September - 2013 April: Yamaha Fazer fz6s2 (FBB 5824 Y)

2013 March - now: Honda NC700XD (FBH **** D)

hi guys, thinking of getting the 2015 f800r. but dont see many on the road. Planning to fit it with topbox and panniers but was wondering if there are any brands besides the bmw boxes that have the racks for this model? I love H&B but if dont have the rack and must fabricate, really troublesome. thanks for the help

Can try Givi

http://cdn3.volusion.com/ffxyt.jvnne/v/vspfiles/photos/GIVI%20SR691-2.jpg

Hi,

Any battery to recommend for 12GSA? I changed to a Yuasa battery but am not too happy with it. Need to crank the bike a few times to start up. Any positive experience with other batteries to share?

You can try Shorai. Good reviews from a couple of BWM riders I've met.

Btw..hi fellow riders. Been riding a K1200RS for about a month :p

Postman Eating Inc*

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/murano04sfs/38y29ty14.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/155006-1/Mascot_scares_girl.gif

Squid defination: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

Hi all, do you guys buy your bike from PML? I understand there is an adoption fee of $5k if PI bikes need to be pushed in to PML for any repairs. Does any owners of PI bikes ever have problems big enough for you to push it back to PML? Are the bike shops out there able to solve most of your problems?

Hi all, do you guys buy your bike from PML? I understand there is an adoption fee of $5k if PI bikes need to be pushed in to PML for any repairs. Does any owners of PI bikes ever have problems big enough for you to push it back to PML? Are the bike shops out there able to solve most of your problems?

My advise is that if a person can afford a bmw, he should buy from agent. No point saving money by buying parallel imports.

I am not support of any BUT to me the software updating is important. My 2014 bike had some software issues. The engine will cut off if I changed gears too fast and also the ESA. Eg from 6th to 4th gear. This was one of the know problem for my model but after the software update. The problems on my bike were gone. FYI, P.I are not able to perform this softwares updates. What the PI can do is maybe to use the GS911 device to cancel off the error message. But canceling off the error message does not meant that there is no problem/s with the bike.

I am not support of any BUT to me the software updating is important. My 2014 bike had some software issues. The engine will cut off if I changed gears too fast and also the ESA. Eg from 6th to 4th gear. This was one of the know problem for my model but after the software update. The problems on my bike were gone. FYI, P.I are not able to perform this softwares updates. What the PI can do is maybe to use the GS911 device to cancel off the error message. But canceling off the error message does not meant that there is no problem/s with the bike.

I reckon PML as the primary agent will have 1st hand access to BMW Motarrd software updates.

But I suppose for worldwide recalls and/or rectification of certain components which poses a danger if not done, even PI bikes will be able to do so at PML albeit a longer Q with PML bikes as priority?

Some of the people who owns a PML bike swears by the aftermarket service while there are equally some owners who swears AT them instead. Similarly to other agents like Hong Leong, Minerva, HD Singapore etc. Case of heng suay perhaps?

#ShutUp_and_Ride

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, probably someone has asked this question before, but I didn't read through the history of this thread...

However I did went through the last couple page...

Wanna check with the old birds here..are there any reliable workshop for the servicing of a beemer?

I saw the names of M-Technik and Tacyron...are there any others?

The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

2003 Nov - 2005 April -TZR125

2005 April - 2006 Nov -TA200

2006 Nov - 2010 June -TA200 & RS250

2010 June - Now - FZ1 & RS250

2015 June - Now - GSA 1200 & RS250

Hi guys, just would like to know if buying from PI would mean a shorter waiting period ? Reason i asked is currently if one were to buy the GSA from PML, the sales guy informed that it would be around 3-4 months of waiting period as they currently do not have any stock for that model. Would buying from PI be similar ?

I think it's the same. PI also need to order if they don't have existing stock. But the difference is that there are many PI shops around so chances of find one with existing stock is high. I know looi's still have 2 GSA in the showroom.

When did you check on the stock from PML? Is the 3-4 months wait for the 2015 model? I am hoping that I am still in time to order the olive GSA.