SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Yamaha FZ16

pikapika

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody knows when is COE at the lowest based on past years seasonal peak?

The last time I went down was only quoted around 6.8k OTR, couldn't take it due to insufficient cash. Looking at the COE difference, if I go down now, OTR sure over 7k.

I rather wait than pay for the extra fees.

Edited by Scott10

Bad news for new riders, based on http://www.lta.gov.sg/corp_info/doc/COE_Result_2010_2011.pdf for COE prices, I can safely conclude that COE prices for Motorcycles is steadily on the rise over the past 14 months. In fact, in less than 12 months, it was doubled!

Feb 2010: $884

April 2010: $1,115

Nov 2010: $1,517

Jan 2011: $1,567

Feb 2011: $1,711

Take some consolation the increment wasn't as astronomic as for the 4-wheelers...

Feb 2010: $19,331

Feb 2011: $42,145

>1600cc - Tripled!!

Feb 2010: $20,926

Feb 2011: $62,969

service warranty booklet/coupons were given upon purchase of e bike. Upon completion of ur engine break in @ 500 or 1000km, n wen u wish for hl to do ur bike servicing, u can den also register. But wif e promotion jacket collection, might as well u register. no harm done

I'm not given the booklet and coupons man upon the purchase of e bike at Hong Leong. But from what the guy mention, I'll be able to have the promo as long as I book/buy the bike b4fore 28 feb. x_X Had a bad feeling man bro.

I saw Bro Azzy post a Pic at Group yamaha fazer, his FZ16 got tank bra, any idea where to get it and how much is it?

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

Previous Bike : Daelim Roadwin Naked Version, Yamaha FZ16, Yamaha FZ1S

Current Bike : Yamaha Super Tenere '16

Bro Azzy, you live in cck? I saw you post a picture of your bike at limbang with the blue FZ1n. Theres another 2 includng mine and my bro FZ1n, making it a total of 3.

I guess for meet ups, why not we each post which area we live in, so easier to decide on a centralised location to meet in the future.

Let me start;

Mezan - CCK

Hey Mezan, do u know where to get that tank bra for our Fz16? Hehe

Mezan - CCK

YenYu - Bedok

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

How to do the servicing registration? Or if i buy at hong leong, it's already registered?

I when down to HL parts and svc (which is behind their sales dept) for the servicing registration. In fact, since you buy at HL you should get the free jacket when you bought the FZ. If you didn't get that jacket, likelihood you are not registered for the servicing. Also, HL would probably register you later as they will need your license plate number.

Apr252011?authkey=Gv1sRgCNKqvfj-59bJuwE#5599549735787625394

How to do the servicing registration? Or if i buy at hong leong, it's already registered?

HL would probably register you after you get your FZ as they will need the license plate number. If not, go to their parts and svc counter to do that. You might want to check with them if can pre-register you first as by the time you get the bike, the promo may be over.

I when down to HL parts and svc (which is behind their sales dept) for the servicing registration. In fact, since you buy at HL you should get the free jacket when you bought the FZ. If you didn't get that jacket, likelihood you are not registered for the servicing. Also, HL would probably register you later as they will need your license plate number.

Which means i'm still eligible for the promo right? cos i think my plate no. will come in 2 weeks time at 10 march onwards due to the COE bidding closing at 9march.

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

Went to HL earlier today n thx to drifting_mp3 for e price for oil filter info. Got my seat issue cleared. By installing a diff filter system may cos some problem to engine warranty as e mechanic mentioned.

If can wait, I rather wait till at least 6 months later than do any modification. But since air filter is 'reversible' easily, I think should be fine. Last time I installed a Hella horn on my previous ride, Piaggio refused to honor the warranty due to 'incorrect' installation method. Will still do it anyway for my FZ due to safety reasons.

maybe i'll drop them a email later and see what's the reply and i'll update you guys. :)

Anyway the pricing is at 7,000 as COE hits 2k last wed. :(

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

Hey boys, I've seen and check regarding the K&N filter on the web. Some of them installed it wil RC 1060 Universal ones.

Are you guys refering to this? http://www.planetdsg.com/rc1060-universal-air-filter-p-909.html?affiliate_banner_id=1&ref=3

Or there are others?

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

Hello all. Just collected the bike today. I'm a subrider. Bought at HL Cycle. Still legible for the Yamaha jacket?

This bike sounds damn sweet. Could barely hear the engine running. Btw, my main bike is the fz150i. Still waiting to see the performance of this bike after run in

01/04/2010 == pass 2B TP (2nd try)

10/04/2010 - ? == Yamaha FZ150i

Mezan - CCK

YenYu - Bedok

ridehard - Woodlands

drifting_mp3 - Bedok

zwq77 aka Steve - yis/semb

Edited by zwq77

When someone sees you crying, and ask: "Are you ok?" Punch them in the face, and ask: "Now, are you ok?".

Yamaha fz16 with K&N airfilter sound and startup

K&N RC 1060 model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhAESjue5vE&feature=related

K&N RC 1100 model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjHEjWJDkpw&feature=related

Edited by zwq77

When someone sees you crying, and ask: "Are you ok?" Punch them in the face, and ask: "Now, are you ok?".

One malay abg customer @ HL said dat his tank goes reserve wif e blinking lites @ abt 400km mileage wif abt another 1litre plus on his reserve. he'd been riding it for abt 1mth ardy.

Thank you. I never had a habit to pump to the top.

So assuming that he pump 11 liters (12 liters tank with 1 liter reserve), fuel consumption is about 36km/l. Not too bad.