SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Yamaha FZ16

pikapika

Haha. U installed HID white LED light? why so bright? not scare get caught?

@Nomad, i think wat he meant is from 1st day with a full tank top up till now. his Fuel still haven finish. He ran 305km, still got half tank filled.

Hmmm... yes bro, HID lite. Dun use it quite often, onli wen darkness falls.

Yes, ur explaination is correct on e fuel n mileage status. So y wait? Go book a FZ16 now!!! hehehehe.

** PS I'm not a HL salesman.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah... onli FZ16 mah... it's a small cc bike.

Truth hurts........sob,sob,sob.

I'll onli toast to dat!

Frankly, even if I can ride class 2 bike, I might not own one as a long term thing. The cost of insurance, road tax, maintenance, fuel etc will probably be almost like a car. So FZ works for me.

Side track a bit, any bros here want to have a mini-group buy of the K&N air filter (K&N Air Filter RC-1060, Item Number 77-1220)

I got a quote from speedaddictcycle.com based on a MOQ of 5 pieces for a total combined shipping price of USD40. In other words, the total price per piece would be USD26.87 + USD 8 (40/5) = USD34.87 (probably will be round to USD35 for ease of collection)

Payment to be in USD to be paid prior to me ordering from them. SGD accepted but I have to request based on the exchange rate of USD1 = SGD1.35. Collection will be at Bedok South Area.

Please list down your names if interested.

1) drifting_mp3

2)

3)

4)

5)

For avoidance of doubt, those who list down their names please PM me your private emails so I can forward you a copy of the invoice.

Apr252011?authkey=Gv1sRgCNKqvfj-59bJuwE#5599549735787625394

1) drifting_mp3

2) mlwcsg

3)

4)

5)

For avoidance of doubt, those who list down their names please PM me your private emails so I can forward you a copy of the invoice.

btw comes with installation?

1) drifting_mp3

2) mlwcsg

3)

4)

5)

btw comes with installation?

I see.... So that will onli means one thing! installation?

How abt e first D.I.Y. session for FZ16 online forum members here guys?

I see.... So that will onli means one thing! installation?

How abt e first D.I.Y. session for FZ16 online forum members here guys?

I not sure how to install but hopefully straight forward. A diy session is definitely needed. What would make it easier is if any bro already have it installed swing by for us to reverse engineer. If diy not possible then i suppose must get shop to do it.

1) drifting_mp3

2) mlwcsg

3) zwq77 aka Steve

4)

5)

Think i try to DIY myself ...

Edited by zwq77

When someone sees you crying, and ask: "Are you ok?" Punch them in the face, and ask: "Now, are you ok?".

Hmmm... yes bro, HID lite. Dun use it quite often, onli wen darkness falls.

Yes, ur explaination is correct on e fuel n mileage status. So y wait? Go book a FZ16 now!!! hehehehe.

** PS I'm not a HL salesman.

oic at ur speed i think u can hit over 500+km til reserve.

==

Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled

==

2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011

2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present

==

k&n filter unique motorsports havent bring in for the fz16 yet ah?

I've asked unique, they ask mi to bring down my bike and they will take a look on which is able to fit in. So i doubt they have bring in one solely for FZ16 one.

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

Previous Bike : Daelim Roadwin Naked Version, Yamaha FZ16, Yamaha FZ1S

Current Bike : Yamaha Super Tenere '16

I've asked unique, they ask mi to bring down my bike and they will take a look on which is able to fit in. So i doubt they have bring in one solely for FZ16 one.

Do keep us updated if you did when down and they have one that's fit.

Haha, I've yet to get my FZ16. Waiting for march 1st bidding to end then i can get my FZ16 :). Will go over to unique once i get it and update u guys :) Btw, i asked them throught emails. I think FZ16 is too new to have much aftermarket equipment/parts flowing ard.

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

Do keep us updated if you did when down and they have one that's fit.

i thought u go unique at toh guan one?? bro can go there check check also mah :)

==

Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled

==

==

I'll be going to Unique at kakit bukit branch one. Toh guan is too far for mi. Maybe i'll go, cos need to run in for bike. :D haha.

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

I'm interested in the k&n filter. But don't we have to change the carb pin jet or something so the air and fuel ration would matched?

Somebody clarify this?

By right, adding a high flow air filter would make the air/fuel leaner. Thus, you would probably need to adjust it so that it is richer to fully benefit from it.

For me, I would probably like to play around with the fuel/air mixture first. This would require some patience and trial and error by turning the fuel/air mixture screw clockwise/counterclockwise quarter turns each time and monitor if the air/fuel ratio changes. Monitoring meaning listening to the engine to hear how the engine sounds. For this part, need some more reading up. Also, it would be best to remember original screw settings so can revert if necessary.

There is another alternative to the above mentioned (which is not really recommended) which is to set the choke offset to make the fuel/air mixture richer.

Frankly, if you do not even bother to do any tuning, by adding a high flow air filter and travelling mostly highway, your fuel consumption would be better. BUT, if you are doing a lot of stop/go traffic type, then you will experience worst off fuel consumption. Bear in mind that since you are running lean, the engine will be hotter. But if travelling mostly highway, you should be fine. Of course, engine hotter can be offset by getting a 'colder plug' and/or better engine oil. Did someone recommend agip/motul?

I think jetting would be the next thing to consider if all else fails but that would require some help from reputable workshops.

Haha, I've yet to get my FZ16. Waiting for march 1st bidding to end then i can get my FZ16 :). Will go over to unique once i get it and update u guys :) Btw, i asked them throught emails. I think FZ16 is too new to have much aftermarket equipment/parts flowing ard.

Ouh. I though you have gotten your bike.

Agree with you on the aftermarket parts in Singapore though. Even original parts still all not in stock yet.

i thought u go unique at toh guan one?? bro can go there check check also mah :)

I did went there yesterday to fix my handle bar and brake line. But I read the post only after I went there. -.-" haah.

Will ask them the next time I went there for servicing.

By right, adding a high flow air filter would make the air/fuel leaner. Thus, you would probably need to adjust it so that it is richer to fully benefit from it.

There is another alternative to the above mentioned (which is not really recommended) which is to set the choke offset to make the fuel/air mixture richer.

Frankly, if you do not even bother to do any tuning, by adding a high flow air filter and travelling mostly highway, your fuel consumption would be better. BUT, if you are doing a lot of stop/go traffic type, then you will experience worst off fuel consumption. Bear in mind that since you are running lean, the engine will be hotter. But if travelling mostly highway, you should be fine.

I think jetting would be the next thing to consider if all else fails but that would require some help from reputable workshops.

I agree to dis too. Old school method, offsetting fuel supply by playing wif ur choke.

If not u can always do e mat rempit style wen ur adjusting e mixture frm carb mah. Listen to e engine chamber by using screw driver.

Direct sound can also listen using doctor's stethoscope. Which doctor? DOC #46 from Italy riding Ducati.

hehehehehehoohohohohoho

i think i only have seen one bike with tank bra. not much of mod can be done. maybe those universal mirrors/ handle bar / levers onli. not much really.

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

I did went there yesterday to fix my handle bar and brake line. But I read the post only after I went there. -.-" haah.

Will ask them the next time I went there for servicing.

what u done to ur handlebar n brake line?

==

==

==