SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Yamaha FZ16

pikapika

just got the bike yesterday and it was great. even after down fork a bit i'm still short for it.. lol... might need to cut the sit a bit for people short like me. hahaha...

anyone got their bike mods done already if do please post up some pics..

thanks

Bro, I tink e factory front fork setup is rather soft. Do consider ur weight n height wen adjustin e fork height. Even though manufacturer mentioned dat e fork is of bigger diameter size, maybe e spring load is soft or rather myself is heavy. I'm abt 1.75 n 80kg feat.

Seat mod is a good alternative.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just got the bike yesterday and it was great. even after down fork a bit i'm still short for it.. lol... might need to cut the sit a bit for people short like me. hahaha...

anyone got their bike mods done already if do please post up some pics..

thanks

Congratulations on getting your bike!

Changing of handle bar, mirror, and no. plate moved to the bottom, under the light area, for me. Will post pictures soon.

Changing of handle bar, mirror, and no. plate moved to the bottom, under the light area, for me. Will post pictures soon.

thanks..

Sorry to ask many questions as new to the bike and still on running in.

the shop ask me to ride atleast and most 100km/hr for running in but i ride 80km/hr as i've never heard that running in can go more than 80km/hr.. what do you all suggest??

what handle bar do you change to??

how much does it cost???

where did you do it???

To all fz16 riders is it possible to change the bigger bike fork and the head fairing??

And any idea where to place the iu unit where it looks better/easier or even hidden??

It's okay to ask questions. Bettet ask then don't know and keep quiet. Right?

As for running in, I follow the manual, of running not more than 4.5k rpm for first 500km, and not more than 7k rpm for the next 500km (abit of 100+km/h, short distance of course).

Handle bar I changed to Renthal 7/8" bar. Bro Azzy change his to 1 1/8" if I'm not wrong. If you want diy, can get the bar from Chong Aik. Got 10% discount for now.

As for the IU unit, mine stock.

And for the bigger fork and head, I'm not sure about this.

wah! all changed to branded handle bar. Mezan how much is ur's cost? w/ installation?

I like the twinwall 1 1/8" handle bar, any idea how much it will cost?

Edited by YenYu

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

Previous Bike : Daelim Roadwin Naked Version, Yamaha FZ16, Yamaha FZ1S

Current Bike : Yamaha Super Tenere '16

wah! all changed to branded handle bar. Mezan how much is ur's cost? w/ installation?

I like the twinwall 1 1/8" handle bar, any idea how much it will cost?

I'm not sure about the twinwall. You can either check with Chong Aik or Unique.

hi frens. Update, my first 500km fc was abt 49km/l. Blinkin lites went on for fuel bar indicator but i did not turned fuel cock to reserve yet. Managed to pump in 10.5litres.

So for e next 500km i'll be riding 80km/hr. Tiring sia..... dun wish to ride at 70km/hr. Wat a chore!!

Wat's the speed u riding for ur 1st 500km? haha next 500km u can do ur 1st servicing already. :D

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

hi frens. Update, my first 500km fc was abt 49km/l. Blinkin lites went on for fuel bar indicator but i did not turned fuel cock to reserve yet. Managed to pump in 10.5litres.

So for e next 500km i'll be riding 80km/hr. Tiring sia..... dun wish to ride at 70km/hr. Wat a chore!!

Did you pump all the way to the top or still have some room left? I still have another 250km to go before hitting 500km. Yes, it's really a chore keeping to 4.5kRPM....

Edited by drifting_mp3
Apr252011?authkey=Gv1sRgCNKqvfj-59bJuwE#5599549735787625394

Did you pump all the way to the top or still have some room left? I still have another 250km to go before hitting 500km. Yes, it's really a chore keeping to 4.5kRPM....

Yes, I did filled all e way to e top. Managed 10.5 litres. Bro, good luck, all e best. (Well disciplined ler....)

Like Sheikh Haikel says... STEADY BON PIPI!!

wat's the speed at 4.5k RPM? gear 5?

Abg.... @ 4 rpm u'll get 60km speed.

@ 5 rpm u'll get 70km speed.

So, U've got to try riding ard dis speed if u wish to follow e guidelines closely.

I'll be trying to ride at e max 80km/hr speed for my next 500km.

Went to HL earlier, collected e Yamaha red jacket aft registering wif em' for my servicing dis Tuesday.

I was told dat e jacket is free while stock last. First 3 servicing will be free for both labour n consumables.

Wah! By the time jacket no more! :( I will be collecting on next friday or sat :D. COE bidding start's on monday and ends at wed 4.30pm :) and result will be out. Hope it will drop man. >_

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

Wah! By the time jacket no more! :( I will be collecting on next friday or sat :D. COE bidding start's on monday and ends at wed 4.30pm :) and result will be out. Hope it will drop man. >_

erhmmm... so if u managed to save $ on COE den can blanja on ur accessories lor.

Ya, i plan to change Renthal twinwall 1 1/8" handlebar :D

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12