SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Yamaha FZ16

pikapika

Thank you. I never had a habit to pump to the top.

So assuming that he pump 11 liters (12 liters tank with 1 liter reserve), fuel consumption is about 36km/l. Not too bad.

I have been riding the fz16 for a month now.. Clocking 2000+km in 1 month due to my long distance from home to work.. On a few occasion, when e fuel indicator starts to blink, i realise i only hit 340-350 km.. But when i check my tank, there is still a large litre of fuel in it.. Intitally i tot it was e reserve but when i top up, i realise i only top up 9 litres.. 2 litres reserve n 1 more litre to go before reserve.. Yesterday it happen again with my fuel indicator blinking wif 1 bar at ard 340km.. I decided to go wifout reserve n see if it can still go.. Now my trip is at 400km wifout reserve.. My cruising spped at 85-90.. i came to realise that when i hit 400km, the fuel indicator was blinkin wifout any bar.. So counting by this, i actually clock 40km/l..

I wanna check if the same happen to any bros out there?? So far i never ride till reserve n only top up when fuel indicator start blinking..

2006 - 2008, Yamaha RX-Z (RIP)

2008 - 2011, Honda Super 4 Spec 2 (Divorce)

2011 - Current, Yamaha FZ16 :thumb:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, maybe the blinking is just an indicator that showing the fuel is low in your fuel tank, but not mean that it's touching the reserves. So actually 40km/l is good enough already :)! I'm not sure about it, but that should be the case. Correct mi if i'm wrong.

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

Previous Bike : Daelim Roadwin Naked Version, Yamaha FZ16, Yamaha FZ1S

Current Bike : Yamaha Super Tenere '16

Hmm, maybe the blinking is just an indicator that showing the fuel is low in your fuel tank, but not mean that it's touching the reserves. So actually 40km/l is good enough already :)! I'm not sure about it, but that should be the case. Correct mi if i'm wrong.

I tink so.. If not wrong i saw 2 different blinking.. 1 wif 1 bar and e other

wifout any bar.. Any bros realise that too??

Maybe we can share our FC.. mine ard 400km wifout resrve riding at 85-90.. :)

2006 - 2008, Yamaha RX-Z (RIP)

2008 - 2011, Honda Super 4 Spec 2 (Divorce)

2011 - Current, Yamaha FZ16 :thumb:

the low fuel indicator is to tell you that ur petrol is low and reaching reserve tank soon. If u wanna calculate the actual FC, top ur tank to full and set ur petrol tank switch to on . Once ur bike engine die out, thats the actual FC without reserve . However if u ride halfway engine die out, dun panic just turn ur petrol tank switch to reserve and the engine will start to run no need to press start .

When someone sees you crying, and ask: "Are you ok?" Punch them in the face, and ask: "Now, are you ok?".

I tink so.. If not wrong i saw 2 different blinking.. 1 wif 1 bar and e other

wifout any bar.. Any bros realise that too??

Maybe we can share our FC.. mine ard 400km wifout resrve riding at 85-90.. :)

I asked HL and according to them, the official number at 50km/l! I think that's an probably in a wind tunnel testing. The reviews I saw over in India forums put it at around 35-40km/l.

So how's the ride at 85-90km/hr? Is it as stable as the S4?

Can't wait for the rack to be ready. Real hassle carrying helmet around.

Apr252011?authkey=Gv1sRgCNKqvfj-59bJuwE#5599549735787625394

the low fuel indicator is to tell you that ur petrol is low and reaching reserve tank soon. If u wanna calculate the actual FC, top ur tank to full and set ur petrol tank switch to on . Once ur bike engine die out, thats the actual FC without reserve . However if u ride halfway engine die out, dun panic just turn ur petrol tank switch to reserve and the engine will start to run no need to press start .

hmm... i agree to dis.

I supposed its the size of the filter.

All, anyone has any idea if it is just bolt on? What about adjustment of fuel/air mixture? Anyone got any clue where the fuel/air mixture screw is? (not the idle screw)

I saw one clip, dey just bolt on e tapered rubber end of KNN filter come wif 40deg angle to e carb inlet. E rest of e rubber assembly from e air box underneath e seat will be modified isolated. air/fuel mixture screw i've yet to notice. cud it be like any other carb eg: RXZ, etc

Wow! looks like we have more and more FZ16ian~ So cool! ^^

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195674[/ATTACH] My mileage running in abt 4~4.5rpm at abt 60km/hr.

Full top up from 1st day, 12 litres.

ur fuel indicator doesnt seem to say full tank leh

==

Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled

==

2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011

2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present

==

Haha. U installed HID white LED light? why so bright? not scare get caught?

@Nomad, i think wat he meant is from 1st day with a full tank top up till now. his Fuel still haven finish. He ran 305km, still got half tank filled.

Class 2B - 11-Dec-09

Class 2A - 21-Jun-11

Class 2 - 14-Sept-12