SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Official VESPA thread for New Riders

swagger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, can advise if its worth getting the new GTS 300 or stick to the old model? Difference in price tag is $1500. :(

I used to ride LX150, switched to Super 4 Revo for a few years, but thinking of selling it and go back to a scooter.. more relaxing. Any advice? How much do you think a 2nd hand GTS 300 will cost, more worth it to get 2nd hand or a new one?

Am also looking out for a Vespa in good condition if any one is letting go of your ride. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, got a Vespa GT200 and I'm thinking of getting the Malossi 218cc kit.

Anybody done this and also if any shops in SG / JB that can do this for me?

Thanks!

http://scooterpartsco.com/malossi/malossi-master-part-list/malossi-complete-218cc-racing-kit-vespa-gt200-bv200

Hey guys, got a Vespa GT200 and I'm thinking of getting the Malossi 218cc kit.

Anybody done this and also if any shops in SG / JB that can do this for me?

Thanks!

http://scooterpartsco.com/malossi/malossi-master-part-list/malossi-complete-218cc-racing-kit-vespa-gt200-bv200

I was considering this too one time but considering the amount of power it wields for the time, money and work it takes; I chose to make the ride comfortable. If it's gonna be slow, make it the most comfortable ride I've ever ridden on. Gave it the best suspension, transmission, windshield and seat.

Hi friends! Does anyone know the difference between a Vespa PX150 (1983) and a Vespa SPRI? NTUC say because of the SPRI on the log card, extra $100. I have not been able to find any info about it!

The guy I got the bike from said it was a PX150 and it certainly looks like one. Abit clueless!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all! My GT200 is stalling everytime I stop when the engine is cold! D= any of you have similar issue? Already serviced carburetor but still having this issue. HOpefully no need to change the entire carburetor =.=

• 4 weeks later...

hi all bro & sis!!!

Ms newbie here!! just got my 2b last wk and bought a Primavera!!! hooray!!!

can anyone share which shop you guys go for servicing?? reasonable price with good and trustworthy shop! i was browsing through and saw shops like Tai Hin, Future Scootering... etc..

and also, normally for how long do i need to change engine oil, belt and roller etc etc.. totally have no idea.. shop guy told me every 2000km need to change engine oil.. so fast ??

hope all big brothers & sisters could assist me!! thanks alot!!! :cheer:

hi all bro & sis!!!

can anyone share which shop you guys go for servicing?? reasonable price with good and trustworthy shop! i was browsing through and saw shops like Tai Hin, Future Scootering... etc..

and also, normally for how long do i need to change engine oil, belt and roller etc etc.. totally have no idea.. shop guy told me every 2000km need to change engine oil.. so fast ??

If you scoot is new, then it is under warranty. Service at your shop you bought or at the distributor. Mah Motors has taken over the distributorship for Vespa since Sept 2015. 2 year warranty for those from Mah Motors.

The service center for Vespa is at 19 Genting Road, Sporting Motors

My 1st oil change was at 1000km.

Next service is at 5000 km.

In our tropical weather, the common thinking is the oil breaks down faster. So the shorter interval. However, I think this only applies if you are riding very frequently through the whole day , every working day.

In my personal opinion, if most of the time , you ride to the office in the morning, park there the whole day in some basement carpark, ride home in the evening, then just follow the owner manual. There is a table in there that outlines the service intervals and what needs to be checked or replaced.

If you scoot is new, then it is under warranty. Service at your shop you bought or at the distributor. Mah Motors has taken over the distributorship for Vespa since Sept 2015. 2 year warranty for those from Mah Motors.

The service center for Vespa is at 19 Genting Road, Sporting Motors

My 1st oil change was at 1000km.

Next service is at 5000 km.

In our tropical weather, the common thinking is the oil breaks down faster. So the shorter interval. However, I think this only applies if you are riding very frequently through the whole day , every working day.

In my personal opinion, if most of the time , you ride to the office in the morning, park there the whole day in some basement carpark, ride home in the evening, then just follow the owner manual. There is a table in there that outlines the service intervals and what needs to be checked or replaced.

thanks bro!!

yeah!! mine brand new!! hmmm.. i think 1 year warranty for me only.. i didnt bought from Mah Motor.. alamak..

for me.. just ride to work.. park there and ride back home!! :smile:

thanks again bro!!!

• 2 weeks later...

AC Motors, First East Centre,10 Kaki Bukit Road 2 (#01-22), 417868, Singapore

He is very fast in his work. Reasonable price and won't ask you to change of unnecessary.

Call him beforehand as sometimes there are too many scooters waiting. Very experienced with scooters.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad was quoted $8k++ otr for a brand new primavera after trade-in his sym gts 200...seems abit ex considering after trade-in but again it could be due to COE plus i have no idea of the market rate for vespa...need advise if the price is reasonable and also if anyone could be kind enough to provide any link or website that shows pricelist of vespas and scooters for reference, if there is any tat is...thx in advance :)

'97 CB400 F3V (NC31) :cool:

hi all bro & sis!!!

how much u bought it and at where? do pm me if it's inconvenient for u to shout out in the open...thx

• 2 weeks later...
My dad was quoted $8k++ otr for a brand new primavera after trade-in his sym gts 200...seems abit ex considering after trade-in but again it could be due to COE plus i have no idea of the market rate for vespa...need advise if the price is reasonable and also if anyone could be kind enough to provide any link or website that shows pricelist of vespas and scooters for reference, if there is any tat is...thx in advance :)

You can check Unique Motors http://uniquemotorsports.com.sg/index.php/EconfigPressevent/Download?value=A2.pdf

Vespa prices are generally higher than other makes.

You can check Unique Motors http://uniquemotorsports.com.sg/index.php/EconfigPressevent/Download?value=A2.pdf

Vespa prices are generally higher than other makes.

Ah thank you...totally forgot about them...my usual go-to place for checking market rate for accessories and bikes alike.. :clap:

Edited by exwhyzee