SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

Hi,

Where can I buy a Engine Oil drain plug? and How do I know whats the right size for my Honda cb 125e

u can go eversucces or chong aik at jln lembu n ask if they have the manual for ur bike den from there u can get the parts no...n check if they have stock

or fjt at rowell road....

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Due for an engine oil change. One name suddenly sticks out. Royal Purple.

Any idea which shop carries this brand? Thank you in advance

u can try goggle mxtradings for their website....they only sell the stuff...not help u change the oil....

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

• 1 month later...

Long time never post.

Here are some updates.

New bike. Similar to cbx250 twister.

API SG-SF oil

Dun ask dont guess.. too paiseh to say.

But 32-37km/L. One tank can go 650km ;)

Top speed 150-160

Manual chart specifies 20w40 or 20w50.

Reccomended 20w50. So I will only use this grade as it helps me sleep better at night. No 10w50 15w40 5w40 or any other mambo jambo as the tappet sound bothers me.

Used maxima pro plus 10w40. Valve very noisy but smooth to cruise. When idling the sound of engine is very loud. Doesnt sound right.

Changed to castrol 20w40 activ. Worst **** oil I have ever used. Very hell of a difficult time to change gears but bike very fast hahaha. $5/L (JB)

Changed to mobil 20w50. Better but still have the remnants of hard shifting. Maybe got some castrol remainder in the oil?? Pick up is so sluggish. $7/L

Changed to silkolene 20w50. Purple sticker on a black bottle. For malaysia market only i guess as no pic of it on the internet. Solved my shifting issues 100%. $5/L (JB)

Currently on HDEO DELO silver 20w50. Feels similar to silkolene $5/L (JB) I think ill stick with this oil. I was hesistant to use hdeo and rotella t6 made my clutch slip a little. But when i saw this oil PDS has a motorcycle picture. Ok loh. onzzz hehehe API SG

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

• 2 weeks later...
Long time never post.

Here are some updates.

New bike. Similar to cbx250 twister.

API SG-SF oil

Dun ask dont guess.. too paiseh to say.

But 32-37km/L. One tank can go 650km ;)

Top speed 150-160

Manual chart specifies 20w40 or 20w50.

Reccomended 20w50. So I will only use this grade as it helps me sleep better at night. No 10w50 15w40 5w40 or any other mambo jambo as the tappet sound bothers me.

Used maxima pro plus 10w40. Valve very noisy but smooth to cruise. When idling the sound of engine is very loud. Doesnt sound right.

Changed to castrol 20w40 activ. Worst **** oil I have ever used. Very hell of a difficult time to change gears but bike very fast hahaha. $5/L (JB)

Changed to mobil 20w50. Better but still have the remnants of hard shifting. Maybe got some castrol remainder in the oil?? Pick up is so sluggish. $7/L

Changed to silkolene 20w50. Purple sticker on a black bottle. For malaysia market only i guess as no pic of it on the internet. Solved my shifting issues 100%. $5/L (JB)

Currently on HDEO DELO silver 20w50. Feels similar to silkolene $5/L (JB) I think ill stick with this oil. I was hesistant to use hdeo and rotella t6 made my clutch slip a little. But when i saw this oil PDS has a motorcycle picture. Ok loh. onzzz hehehe API SG

yo bro...where u get the silkolene 20w50 in jb eh for $5/L....great price by the way....

you all dun mia leh.

I bought at castrol bike point. near the bhp petrol station from woodlands custom.

Its mineral lah.

I also found that chong aik got ester based semi synthetic silkolene at $12 per lit 15w50.

I went to a regular jb bike shop and he die die dun want me to use mineral oil for my bike. Didnt want to offend him so i got maxima extra from him at 58rm.

When we replaced the burned clutch plates it was dry eventhough the level is right.. weird.

RP sae 10w40 didnt leave a good impression on me.On their site it write can use for bike but after a while gear hard to shift.

but im sure max cycle is btr. Some ppl like it in this forum.

• 2 months later...

Silkolene comp 4 from chong aik.. You can get at unique motorsports as well.

Extremely pleased with this stuff. $12/L

Usually mineral oil at 1000km will be rough already(No ****)

Last time using maxima extra i dont remember it being as smooth as this. Changed it out at 2000km. Not pleased.

Now at 1700km still smooth..

Gonna compare with my favourite maxima pro-plus(not available locally)

• 2 weeks later...

11230111_10153619182632372_3103027752459867146_n.jpg11214350_10153619182072372_1089613733914141252_n.jpg10307230_10153619181787372_2196868300019908785_n.jpg

Penrite MC4-ST 5W-40, 10W40 & 15W-15 is the superior performance premium engine oil with 100% PAO & Ester, full synthetic base oils combined with the latest additive technology including *FULL ZINC + (exceeding 1800+ ppm levels) for maximum engine, gearbox & clutch protection against wear, corrosion, oil oxidation, piston deposits and sludge under all conditions. It exceeds the requirements of API SN/CF and JASO MA.

Competition proven and trusted protection for performance engines. Developed for ultimate performance and used by Penrite Honda Racing Team.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is my story...

Wanted to "clean my engine"

So used marvel mystery oil.

After which, used those expensive Synthetic oil.. basket.. started to haven an oil leak..

Just came back from a 1300km trip running on diesel engine oil on my dragstar 400.

have used these bottles since ownership

http://img.bazarek.pl/64939/9769/3605677/2469783605072b99ab9d9a.jpg

http://www.hkct.com.my/hkc/images/stories/virtuemart/product/caltex%20delo%20silver%20multigrade%2020w50%20(4x5l)8.jpg

The mother of all diesel engine oil..

The rotella t6 is JMCA2(highest level motorcycle spec) Approved!

Edited by Hydher

Anyone tried Lupromax? Thoughts on this oil?

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

Here is my story...

Wanted to "clean my engine"

So used marvel mystery oil.

After which, used those expensive Synthetic oil.. basket.. started to haven an oil leak..

Just came back from a 1300km trip running on diesel engine oil on my dragstar 400.

have used these bottles since ownership

http://img.bazarek.pl/64939/9769/3605677/2469783605072b99ab9d9a.jpg

http://www.hkct.com.my/hkc/images/stories/virtuemart/product/caltex%20delo%20silver%20multigrade%2020w50%20(4x5l)8.jpg

nice oil:goodluck:

since changing to scooter, oil selection has never been easier. haha...