SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

have not brought this engine oil from them yet so no idea. but i suppose there is some security feature that prevent counterfeit.

i did send an email to Motul Singapore asking them how to identify the security feature.

after 1 week they reply that Motul does have anti-tempering feature on their oil but instead of telling me how to identify them, they ask me the reason why i am asking.

I replied that i found some Motul oil at a good price and it just for precaution measure not that i suspect anything and hope they let me know how to go about it.

after nearly a month, they replied asking me the details of the shop and again leaving out on the know-how i am asking for. i gave up trying to communicate with them anymore. they are simply not answering my question. also, i do not wish to cause any trouble to others business just in case they will be faulted for selling below SRP which will benefit end-users like us.

i will try to send an email to Motul USA for help. heard they are quite friendly.

anyway, i have brought some castrol oil at a much cheaper price then other shop from Ah boy before and have no reason to suspect anything.

I am not entirely sure if it's still the case, but when my friends last got the Motul 300V from Ah Boy, it seemed like it was the older series. There has been an update to their product line. The new 300V comes with black cap and full red background on the sticker. With the tail of a bike in the pic. Believer LAB is not selling that one. I may be wrong though, he could have been clearing the older stock before moving to the current updated line.

Smile! Tomorrow will be worse.

SBT #1149 Price List

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not entirely sure if it's still the case, but when my friends last got the Motul 300V from Ah Boy, it seemed like it was the older series. There has been an update to their product line. The new 300V comes with black cap and full red background on the sticker. With the tail of a bike in the pic. Believer LAB is not selling that one. I may be wrong though, he could have been clearing the older stock before moving to the current updated line.

the last time i was there the motul 10w40 version is the new ester core version. there 15w50 is still the old stuff. the price i asked for $22 is for the new 10w40 version. as for the old 15w50, i assuming it the same as i didn't ask due to the shop is pretty crowded. will drop by to check again if i passes there.

actually i not so worry. if you are active in the garages sales thread, from time to time there are folks selling the new motul oil at $25. i will like to think Ah boy having bigger purchasing power mean that it can provide cheaper price due to economy of scale. another reason i can think of is they are doing parallel import. the last time i was at Mxtradings, i roughly remember their Motul oil should be Taiwan stock?

the last time i was there the motul 10w40 version is the new ester core version. there 15w50 is still the old stuff. the price i asked for $22 is for the new 10w40 version. as for the old 15w50, i assuming it the same as i didn't ask due to the shop is pretty crowded. will drop by to check again if i passes there.

actually i not so worry. if you are active in the garages sales thread, from time to time there are folks selling the new motul oil at $25. i will like to think Ah boy having bigger purchasing power mean that it can provide cheaper price due to economy of scale. another reason i can think of is they are doing parallel import. the last time i was at Mxtradings, i roughly remember their Motul oil should be Taiwan stock?

Aye, shouldn't be anything unusual about his Motul, that's what I feel. Good to know that it's the newer stuff coming from his place. Perhaps we can get a bottle or two then check with Motul USA, send in the batch number etc to see if it's authentic. Agreed, I've seen others selling Motul at $25-28 so it shouldn't be hard for Ah Boy to sell cheaper.

Managed to get your hands on anything new yet to try?

Given the new synthetic T6 from Amazon a shot?

This double post thing is getting annoying. Lol.

Smile! Tomorrow will be worse.

SBT #1149 Price List

Damn that's tempting. Haha most shop sell at $32-33 plus labour. So maybe can get 27-28 cash and carry??

Managed to get your hands on anything new yet to try?

Given the new synthetic T6 from Amazon a shot?

This double post thing is getting annoying. Lol.

i still have 1 bottle of schaeffer 5w40 and redline 10w40 to clear. once done, most likely i just look for some good bargain:cheers:

Rotella T6 is good stuff. base oil is mainly Shell XHVI and some group 1 base oil for additives carrier. should be a good choice if can get it cheap.

i might have some Shell Helix Ultra lying around. i might just give it a try. rumor is the SN version is using Shell GTL base oil:lovestruck:

Nice price for the R4X! Good enough for normal commuting here. Why spend over $20 for a bottle. U can even half your oil change interval (super kiasu) and still cheaper. And better since u get a fresh dose of oil.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Rimula is mineral but many kub riders love it.

Rotella for me.

Naim. What are your views on changing honda shadow 400 oil,plugs and (purolator classic)filter at 12 000 km?

Mobil 1 10w40 / Shell rotella t6 5w40.

Hard to break my 3k km habit. Now doing 4-5k.

2L of oil

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r