SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More oil in sump means longer oil change. Though fuel dilution, moisture, high temp etc can affect oil degradation too. I just change mine every 5000km or 4 months whichever earlier. Manual recommends 10000km for oil change but I guess we need to give business to bike shops haha. Besides the oil bathes my valves, transmissions, clutch and alternator. So I feel assured whenever I change them as per my own schedule.

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for SF grade 4T oil. Anyone has? Contact 96851190

any reason why it must be SF? it a very old standard. nowaday most motorcycle engine oil is at least a SG or higher.

right off my mind i can only think of some decent brand like Castrol Go which is an SE and SPC 4T plus which is an SF.

you can try going around especially Malaysia for some "brandless" oil. you might be able to find more choices for SF. good luck.

how many kms you all doing before change?

I change my EO every 1500km, oil filter every 2 oil changes.

But I'm using EO meant for those big diesel engines coz my bike is a 400cc single air-cooled...buy from Msia 50RM for 5L. Bike use 1.5L only so cheap cheap can change more often vs. use expensive and change less often.

I do my change differently from most people, I store in bottles before passing to a workshop when I am free.

its viscosity actually dropped, can tell when I move the bottle.

i think the only proper way to analyze the oil's properties is through a UOA. feel is never accurate. im sure of this because i really doubt a robust HDEO can become watery in a small single. mind you these are meant for really tough conditions in a diesel with turbochargers.

not saying the viscosity did not drop. it will, but doubt the difference can be felt by FEEL in just 600kms. some oils do drop viscosity early, but it maintains that for the rest of its service. others drop, and keeps dropping.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

some bike is pretty tough on oil. in many cases, the oil tend to stay in that viscosity after initial shearing. i pretty sure the engineer does take that into consideration.

since we don't have access to cheap UOA, we can only stay at the safer side by cutting down OCI.

but that a sad thing for mother earth:cry: