SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NSR150SP Riders

firesaint

• Replies 140.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wait4me

• lwfc

• MC28

• garfieldrox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stop reading at friend riding owner bike at 120km/h

didnt read properly and thought friends was riding his own bike. :goodluck:

firstly, make sure whoever rides your bikes know how to ride a 2t, you do sudden stop from high rpm of course seize. 4t can whack and E brake until no petrol and probably won't seize unless no EO.

second, your friend miss exit then take the next one la, bad driving/road skills leh, regardless his bike or not.

third, i hope he pays for the repair, luckily is only piston gone. block still can use right? do a full service and clean the valves & carb at the same time. can do other miscellaneous stuff like brakes, cables or electronics also if you want

• 3 weeks later...
hi anyone knows where to buy rear suspension for sp? and roughly how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

around $400 or more in sg. jb cheaper for normal type. they might not have yss rear shock.

sg can try project motors, planet motors or lian hup heng

Hello fellow riders. Very quick question. Can someone just explain to me the difference between 'normal servicing' 'top servicing' 'Full servicing' 'top overhaul' and 'full overhaul'

I have the general idea of it through word of mouth by friends. But it would be great if I can get other people's advice and perception of it. Thanks in advance!

Hello fellow riders. Very quick question. Can someone just explain to me the difference between 'normal servicing' 'top servicing' 'Full servicing' 'top overhaul' and 'full overhaul'

I have the general idea of it through word of mouth by friends. But it would be great if I can get other people's advice and perception of it. Thanks in advance!

normal servicing would be change of engine oil and spark plug. might change other stuff like brake pads or coolant also. this one can DIY to save cost, very easy. can clean carb also if you want to

top/full service is open the block and clean the carbon on the block,piston, rc valve and block head. engine oil, plug and coolant will be changed also. carb is cleaned also.

top overhaul is usually change the block and piston i think.

full overhaul should be change the block, block head and piston. usually other stuff like wiring is done with full overhaul.

for 2t you need to specify what you want to service to the mech because ours got many things to do

normal servicing would be change of engine oil and spark plug. might change other stuff like brake pads or coolant also. this one can DIY to save cost, very easy. can clean carb also if you want to

top/full service is open the block and clean the carbon on the block,piston, rc valve and block head. engine oil, plug and coolant will be changed also. carb is cleaned also.

full overhaul should be change the block, block head and piston. usually other stuff like wiring is done with full overhaul.

for 2t you need to specify what you want to service to the mech because ours got many things to do

er....

repair gearbox, replace clutch & engine bearings under full overhaul or other category ? :confused:

sorry that i quite sometime no touching 2T bike liao... intend get a SP in future, a lot old days memory :)

for 2t you need to specify what you want to service to

the mech because ours got many things to do

So that would mean that top and full servicing is the same ? Does that also include cleaning of air filter ? Anyways thank you for the clarifications!

er....

repair gearbox, replace clutch & engine bearings under full overhaul or other category ? :confused:

sorry that i quite sometime no touching 2T bike liao... intend get a SP in future, a lot old days memory :)

that would be full overhaul, because if you need to change those stuff especially gearbox youll change the block and piston also. but can be done separately also.

So that would mean that top and full servicing is the same ? Does that also include cleaning of air filter ? Anyways thank you for the clarifications!
for me it's the same, for others is different because their full service might just be a normal service. and air filter just throw and get new one la, the foam so fragile if you wash might tear. and need to wait for it to dry.

buy from parts agent or ah boy for $15

Castrol A747 can use on SP? (premix only?)

any feedback?

A747 is castor based right? Yes can use, but cannot mix w your synthetic or semi synthetic 2t inside your tank.

Use up or drain off whatever balance you have in your tank 1st & then use the castor based oil.

yes. for premix only

Edited by jbdoggy

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

A747 is castor based right? Yes can use, but cannot mix w your synthetic or semi synthetic 2t inside your tank.

Use up or drain off whatever balance you have in your tank 1st & then use the castor based oil.

yes. for premix only

Thank~ :)

https://carousell.com/p/【wtb】-ipone-2t-empty-bottle-117620531

Looking for Ipone 2T Empty Bottle

Condition:-

1.No crack

2.Yellowish is acceptable

3.Not required clean bottle

4.With or without label is acceptable

Required 3-4 pcs

PM me your offer

fx,

just to clarify, the tank i was referring to is the fuel tank. I was straightaway assuming an already premix bike. So have to use up or drain off the balance premix if its using non castor based 2t.

If the bike is running on pump, then the mech will have to cut off the pump operation & drain away the balance 2t from the 2t tank.

Mixing castor & non based castor 2t will cause resins to form which will eventually choke up your engine.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

fx,

just to clarify, the tank i was referring to is the fuel tank. I was straightaway assuming an already premix bike. So have to use up or drain off the balance premix if its using non castor based 2t.

If the bike is running on pump, then the mech will have to cut off the pump operation & drain away the balance 2t from the 2t tank.

Mixing castor & non based castor 2t will cause resins to form which will eventually choke up your engine.

Noted with thanks :)

one more things, possible to use stock 2T pump still running with 2T(not A747) &

A747 as premix in fuel tank at the same time,

the A747 use as supplement for long distance ride?

one more things, possible to use stock 2T pump still running with 2T(not A747) &

don't think it's a good idea to mix 2 kinds especially castor and synthetic as mentioned above.

A747 mainly for racing on track from what i heard, dk about long distance. i think you need to whack frequently if using a747 to reduce carbon buildup because it's thick

Nope. Cant mix castor & non castor oils.

But you can eg use synthetic 2t for pump & supplement synthetic or semi synthetic 2t as premix for long distance rides. Maybe 1-2 caps full.

Dont try & put 100ml or more into the tank for supplement. I did that once...filled up 850ml into the 2t tank. Balance I throw into fuel tank as premix. Bike became very sick. Loss of power also. Recovered only after all the premix used up & top up fresh petrol.

Im not sure of any castor based 2t which can use for pump. The only other castor brand i know is maxima 927 & that 1 also premix.

Nope. Cant mix castor & non castor oils.

But you can eg use synthetic 2t for pump & supplement synthetic or semi synthetic 2t as premix for long distance rides. Maybe 1-2 caps full.

Dont try & put 100ml or more into the tank for supplement. I did that once...filled up 850ml into the 2t tank. Balance I throw into fuel tank as premix. Bike became very sick. Loss of power also. Recovered only after all the premix used up & top up fresh petrol.

Im not sure of any castor based 2t which can use for pump. The only other castor brand i know is maxima 927 & that 1 also premix.

Noted :)

A747 is very thick oil, PDS mention SAE 50, thickness like 4T

i found below Racing 2T which able to get in SG.

Castrol A747

Maxima CASTOR 927

Maxima FORMULA K2

Putoline Castor R

IPONE STROKE 2R

don't think it's a good idea to mix 2 kinds especially castor and synthetic as mentioned above.

A747 mainly for racing on track from what i heard, dk about long distance. i think you need to whack frequently if using a747 to reduce carbon buildup because it's thick

noted :)

anyone use putoline rs959?

its fully synth and ester based also. seems cheaper than motul and belray by like $5. gonna try 1 bottle to test

RS959, the smell is great, like burn metal :thumb:

yes, premix oils are thicker than pump oils. Thats why cant use for pump. Motul 800 factory line also for premix only. For ordinary road use will have more carbon deposits & tar dripping from exhaust.

But true blue racing/track bikes are all premix bikes. There is no such thing as a racing/track bike which runs on pump.

Pumps are installed for convenience for street use. No need to keep pouring in 2t when topping up petrol. Also less oil burnt at lower revs & idling => less oil wastage & less polluting to environment. 2t consumption increases with throttle input.

But of course nothing wrong, if you wish to hv a premix bike. Some people swear by it. my prev owner also premix advocate jus that i too lazy to carry around 2t for each refill. Thats why i had the pump reconnected.

for full/top service to open block and clean carbon we need to replace the top gaskets rights? other than that nothing else to replace if condition ok?

and whats the pros and cons of glue gasket that some shops use?

because i planning to go service in JB bapok lane, then give them the gaskets to replace.

Edited by Crazybiker

Hello all,just passed tp recently. I've an sp that my uncle gave as he no longer rides. Quite a number of problems with it.

1) No lights on meter or anywhere at all when i turn the keys to on. Switch put on still nothing. However i can still kickstart the bike and have it run. But the neutral lights and headlight would flicker. My uncle told me he changed battery 2 months ago so what could be the problem? Rectifier?

2) The bike would vibrate really badly when i try to go above 6k rpm. Gear 1&2 not so bad but after gear 3 try to speed up would vibrate really bad until hand numb.

3)Bike temps go more than the half way line. Need to top up coolant? If so,where? The radiator?

If anyone can help me identify the problem and recommend me places to go for servicing that would be extremely helpful! Not planning to go to jb for servicing until i fix this vibrating issue. Its really a major problem for me cuz i dont think i can ride it any longer than 30mins. Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hello all,just passed tp recently. I've an sp that my uncle gave as he no longer rides. Quite a number of problems with it.

1) No lights on meter or anywhere at all when i turn the keys to on. Switch put on still nothing. However i can still kickstart the bike and have it run. But the neutral lights and headlight would flicker. My uncle told me he changed battery 2 months ago so what could be the problem? Rectifier?

2) The bike would vibrate really badly when i try to go above 6k rpm. Gear 1&2 not so bad but after gear 3 try to speed up would vibrate really bad until hand numb.

3)Bike temps go more than the half way line. Need to top up coolant? If so,where? The radiator?

If anyone can help me identify the problem and recommend me places to go for servicing that would be extremely helpful! Not planning to go to jb for servicing until i fix this vibrating issue. Its really a major problem for me cuz i dont think i can ride it any longer than 30mins. Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1) might be fuses blown or bulb blown. get a multimeter and check if got resistance across those parts. have resistance means that part can work, no resis mean blown and need to replace. or could be your coil or rectifier gone. rectifier and fuse and DIY replace and cheaper than going to shop.

2)proabably never service for awhile and too much carbon in the block and rc valve. the valve open at 7k so that's why you feel a lot of vibration at 6k onwards.

3) temps is during normal highway/road riding or when lane splitting/stuck in jams? mine will go above middle when stuck in jam like at customs or jams and cant lanesplit. other than that even if whack during afternoon hot sun will be at middle most of the time. open your rider seat and you'll see 2 tanks. the one on the right side of the bike is coolant tank. top up to the full/high marking. dont add water, buy coolant from petrol station or motorshop. normal ones will do. or could be your radiator fins bents, clogged inside with crap or pump spoil.

seems like you need to do a full service and change all your fluid: engine oil, coolant, brake fluid etc because it sounds like the bike has been sitting there and never use for long time