SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NSR150SP Riders

firesaint

Hi All, May i know how to top up coolant for NSR150sp? any recommended brand and model? and where to get the coolant?

Chk the radiator side 1st. If level looks kinda low or somewhat dryish, top up there until level is close to the top. Start up your bike & let it idle. Observe the coolant level to see if it stays at that level or goes down. If it goes down, top up some more until the level is stable at the top. Then put back the radiator cap back on. Now check your reservoir, if low level, top up until it reaches the indicated level.

Most common type is the ethylene glycol type. Mostly in blue or green colours. No need to get expensive/exotic ones eg engine ice as bro @wait4me said, cos each time you do a full service - be it once every 3 mths, 6mths or a year, its going to be drained off & replaced. You can tell the mech to reuse the coolant during full service tho some will advise against it as it will get contaminated in the collection dish. But if you do reuse, I was told the lifespan is abt 40k km. Using coolant for too long will cause carbon & other residue & impurities to build up within the engine parts & water lines. Any motordiam will sell coolant.

I personally like Ipone Radiator Fluid (blue) -$18. Currently using Elf Moto Organic Coolant (yellow) after I overhauled in JB. Ive also used Yamalube coolant (Red). But seems like the above 2 keeps the engine a bit cooler compared to yamalube when on the run.

Dont simply mix different brands of coolant. Different brands may have different additives & what not. These may cause chemical reactions that may cause damage to your fluid lines. If youre gonna change brands safest is to flush your system entirely of the old coolant before using the new brand. If a certain shop does not carry the brand you want, make sure you check 1st that the new brand is compatible with what you have 1st. But if all the brands are just plain ethylene glycol only, no problem mixing even if they are different colour.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

• Replies 140.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wait4me

• lwfc

• MC28

• garfieldrox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anyone mod or replace your stock horn??

it's too soft to be heard by drivers especially at highway speeds/

also thinking of upgrading the charging coil and battery to higher capacity to support brighter lights and future mods, is it possible to upgrade the alternator?

I hv a Bosch horn installed after my stock horn got spoilt 1 yr ago. Its far much louder & audible compared to the stock horn. Told the mech that i wanted a loud one. That will always mean an aftermarket horn. RM$145.

I dont think you can upgrade the alternator or rectifier. But you can chk with your mech to double confirm.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

I hv a Bosch horn installed after my stock horn got spoilt 1 yr ago. Its far much louder & audible compared to the stock horn. Told the mech that i wanted a loud one. That will always mean an aftermarket horn. RM$145.

I dont think you can upgrade the alternator or rectifier. But you can chk with your mech to double confirm.

Ok thanks, you know the specific model of horn?

And did you install a relay for the horn? If it uses more power?

And anyone got use lithium battery instead?

Hi All, my mechanic mention that my bike cylinder head gasket is likely to be in poor condition. He suggested i replace it and do piston servicing along with it, he quoted $200. is it consider a top servicing package? any place to recommend for such servicing?

Ok thanks, you know the specific model of horn?

And did you install a relay for the horn? If it uses more power?

And anyone got use lithium battery instead?

I didnt take note of the model, only the brand. I just told the mech that i wanted a loud one & thats what he gv me. Might be this one: https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-EC6-Compact-Plus-fanfare/dp/B00K88S0EM cos the box looks very very familiar.

Im not sure what you mean by relay (technomoron here), but the mech did do a separate fuse & circuit for it. Same horn switch tho. The horn trumpets are placed on the right side of the engine. The horn fuse box is nearby.

Hi All, my mechanic mention that my bike cylinder head gasket is likely to be in poor condition. He suggested i replace it and do piston servicing along with it, he quoted $200. is it consider a top servicing package? any place to recommend for such servicing?

Yup... sounds like it. When you do a top servicing/ full servicing,they will open up your top end, clean & polish the block,piston & rc valve as well as chk the cond of the piston & rings. Your coolant also will hv to be drained out 1st before they open up. So you will get new gaskets, coolant, oil & if necessary a new piston if the piston is worn out. All motordiam provide this service. The cost w/o piston replacement abt SGD $130 or so.

I prefer to do my servicing in JB, Tai Seng Kooi Motorsports. Pricewise abt the same as Sg lah. Sometimes can be a bit more ex cos he very ngiao. Probably bringing his racer mentality into things (he ex racing star back in 80s & 90s) - everything MUST be tip top, little bit not so good must change. You may end up paying more but you rest assured get a tip top ride!. Last time he did full service for me abt RM$430 including new piston. He said my piston a bit worn out!

When I had piston jam last sept, I had him overhaul. He ordered parts on Mon Morng. Tues late morng parts arrived. Finished up Tues evening & ready to go. In Sg your overhaul might take 1-2 weeks!

Thank you for the suggestion! but i think i will still try to go for local workshop, not so confident to travel in myself.. haha..

Yup... sounds like it. When you do a top servicing/ full servicing,they will open up your top end, clean & polish the block,piston & rc valve as well as chk the cond of the piston & rings. Your coolant also will hv to be drained out 1st before they open up. So you will get new gaskets, coolant, oil & if necessary a new piston if the piston is worn out. All motordiam provide this service. The cost w/o piston replacement abt SGD $130 or so.

I prefer to do my servicing in JB, Tai Seng Kooi Motorsports. Pricewise abt the same as Sg lah. Sometimes can be a bit more ex cos he very ngiao. Probably bringing his racer mentality into things (he ex racing star back in 80s & 90s) - everything MUST be tip top, little bit not so good must change. You may end up paying more but you rest assured get a tip top ride!. Last time he did full service for me abt RM$430 including new piston. He said my piston a bit worn out!

When I had piston jam last sept, I had him overhaul. He ordered parts on Mon Morng. Tues late morng parts arrived. Finished up Tues evening & ready to go. In Sg your overhaul might take 1-2 weeks!

How often you all service your bike?

And change EO?

And during service what you do/change?

Clean piston?

Clean exhaust?

Wash carb?

Every 3 months ok?

Depends on milage & how much you ride. Some people do it monthly regardless of milage. Oil & plug change abt $30+. I do it every 3 mths or so - approx 3000km. If youre a heavy user, you can achieve 3000km in a month too! Usually the sign for me to change oil is when the gearbox gets a bit cranky - hard to find neutral or sometimes get stuck in N etc. For my case at least, the plug doesnt last very long. 3 mths & you can see the electrode is all burnt up!

Full service abt once every 3-6mths or once a year.....again depending on milage & usage. That time they will clean your piston, block & RC valve & wash carb. You will get fresh oil & coolant at the same time. I do every 6 mths.

Decarbonising exhaust abt once every 6mths or once a year....depending on milage. if you start getting very smokey or having sluggish pick up, its time to clear the exhaust of all the carbon & gunk. Can only do at Lorong Bapuk, JB. Sg motordiam all scared to do cos its a very smokey operation. They will flame heat your exhaust belly & blow compressed air into it at the same time, forcing all the heated up & burnt 2t residue out. Belly & endcan are 2 separate charges.

Depends on milage & how much you ride. Some people do it monthly regardless of milage. Oil & plug change abt $30+. I do it every 3 mths or so - approx 3000km. If youre a heavy user, you can achieve 3000km in a month too! Usually the sign for me to change oil is when the gearbox gets a bit cranky - hard to find neutral or sometimes get stuck in N etc. For my case at least, the plug doesnt last very long. 3 mths & you can see the electrode is all burnt up!

Full service abt once every 3-6mths or once a year.....again depending on milage & usage. That time they will clean your piston, block & RC valve & wash carb. You will get fresh oil & coolant at the same time. I do every 6 mths.

Decarbonising exhaust abt once every 6mths or once a year....depending on milage. if you start getting very smokey or having sluggish pick up, its time to clear the exhaust of all the carbon & gunk. Can only do at Lorong Bapuk, JB. Sg motordiam all scared to do cos its a very smokey operation. They will flame heat your exhaust belly & blow compressed air into it at the same time, forcing all the heated up & burnt 2t residue out. Belly & endcan are 2 separate charges.

calculate and my mileage is around 1000km per month. Might be bit less if I don't ride out on off days.

Usually cruising at 100km/h on gear 6. Very little whacking of throttle or racing... Still gaining experience with the bike hehe.

Like this I plan to change EO and sparkplugs every 3 months like yours. Anything else you change/do for normal service?

Hi Guys,

I have thought of organising a HONDA NSR meetup where the 2 strokers riding the sp could all meet up to form a community. I honestly have no idea what the response would be and have not considered/planned the itinerary for the event yet. From here, i wish to get a rough response of the number of people who would still be interested in such events, so as to decide if i should host such an event and get the nsr community up and going. If successful, We would be seeing ALOT more activities upcoming if the community is strong enough and vibrant. And also reviving the Honda NSR group which is dispersed and inactive.

During the first meet i hope to make some things clear. And the agenda as follows:

. Get to know the 2 stroke NSR enthusiast

. Bond together as a community riding the same bike

. Exchange tips and knowledge within the group, ie(Basic servicing of bikes, minor modifications)

. Discussions of what the next event should be like and the direction of the NSR community

As of now, I am aiming for a group that have a common identity and share the passion of a two stroke machine. Further activities could be planning track days and such events again.

If you would be interested, Please do PM me your name and contact number as to form a whatsapp group.

LOOKING FOWARD TO BRINING UP NSR SG

ex nsr sp rider can join? XD

Honda NSR150SP: 2012-2015

Honda RVF NC35: 2015

Triumph Daytona 675: 2015-present

SYM GTS 200: 2016-present

Conquered Places: Chiang Mai, MHS, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Bangkok, Hatyai, Danok, Genting, KL, Port Dickson, Seremban, Malacca, Kluang, Mersing, Desaru

calculate and my mileage is around 1000km per month. Might be bit less if I don't ride out on off days.

Usually cruising at 100km/h on gear 6. Very little whacking of throttle or racing... Still gaining experience with the bike hehe.

Like this I plan to change EO and sparkplugs every 3 months like yours. Anything else you change/do for normal service?

I normally cruise at 7k revs in gear 6 whenever possible but that is more of a maintenance practice - RC valve opens at 7k revs - being a mechanical part, so it needs to be exercised from time to time. Otherwise it might just get stuck or jammed from disuse or underuse.

In Sg practically no where to really whack throttle la haha....The most is whack to abt 7-8k revs for 1st 2-3 gears after lights change & ease down to abt 5k revs aftr that. That one also late at night only can do. Thats why trying to follow the manual's recommendations on breaking in procedure after overhaul is a damn pain - still need some fairly spirited riding. But unable to really follow those procedures on Sg roads!

For normal service just oil & plug. But ive also spent a lot of time & $$ changing wear & tear parts....suey suey after i bought the bike the old 15-16 yr old parts decided to gv up on me 1 by 1 after 2-3 mths of use. So effectively after my overhaul (piston jam) & old parts replacement, my bike is like quite new now! haha....

Hi Guys,

I have thought of organising a HONDA NSR meetup where the 2 strokers riding the sp could all meet up to form a community. I honestly have no idea what the response would be and have not considered/planned the itinerary for the event yet. From here, i wish to get a rough response of the number of people who would still be interested in such events, so as to decide if i should host such an event and get the nsr community up and going. If successful, We would be seeing ALOT more activities upcoming if the community is strong enough and vibrant. And also reviving the Honda NSR group which is dispersed and inactive.

During the first meet i hope to make some things clear. And the agenda as follows:

. Get to know the 2 stroke NSR enthusiast

. Bond together as a community riding the same bike

. Exchange tips and knowledge within the group, ie(Basic servicing of bikes, minor modifications)

. Discussions of what the next event should be like and the direction of the NSR community

As of now, I am aiming for a group that have a common identity and share the passion of a two stroke machine. Further activities could be planning track days and such events again.

If you would be interested, Please do PM me your name and contact number as to form a whatsapp group.

LOOKING FOWARD TO BRINING UP NSR SG

Im also interested to kno whats happening here

• 2 weeks later...

Recently my bike pickup slower I think due to 2T buildup, need to decarbonise.

Friday I tompang my friend and another friend who rode beside me said need to tighten chain even though I tightened it at shop the week before.

Then since Saturday my bike cannot go fast, think the RC valve got problem. Can't go past 7k rpm and the sound no change. And sometimes between 5-6k it feel like no more fuel and start losing power. Downshift and try to whack but still can't go past 7k. Probably valve problem right?

Recently my bike pickup slower I think due to 2T buildup, need to decarbonise.

Friday I tompang my friend and another friend who rode beside me said need to tighten chain even though I tightened it at shop the week before.

Then since Saturday my bike cannot go fast, think the RC valve got problem. Can't go past 7k rpm and the sound no change. And sometimes between 5-6k it feel like no more fuel and start losing power. Downshift and try to whack but still can't go past 7k. Probably valve problem right?

Most probably carbon build up at your power valve bah, when did you last open top and service? You bring to any workshop they will tell you need to open up and see, which is gonna cost some $$$

2001 HONDA NSR150SP FT97xxU 02 Apr 2016 to ~

1991 HONDA CBR400RR L FL35xxT 15 Dec 2017 to ~

• 4 weeks later...

I think i Kenna piston jam, i was racing with my friends at sle at 4am.

Go until 140, maintain for about 1km then engine die and rear wheel locked. I clutched in and move to shoulder without dropping the bike. Engine temp showed very hot, but i open the seat the coolant was normal temp and still got enough 2t .

Any place good to service SP especially for this kind of case? And estimate cost? Btw got any bike shop do towing?

I think i Kenna piston jam, i was racing with my friends at sle at 4am.

Go until 140, maintain for about 1km then engine die and rear wheel locked. I clutched in and move to shoulder without dropping the bike. Engine temp showed very hot, but i open the seat the coolant was normal temp and still got enough 2t .

Any place good to service SP especially for this kind of case? And estimate cost? Btw got any bike shop do towing?

no wonder suit your nick name,

some more do it in SG .

i give u a LIKE