SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NSR150SP Riders

firesaint

weird leh... never heard jus change rings only. Its always the whole set - piston, rings, bearing & clip. Lagi worse is every service change rings.

& if really you have blow by problem, the whole piston is condemned already. Not just rings.

Thats why i trust only TSK in jb. Always honda genuine parts. Refer to Sp parts catalogue, quote the part number & order. Workmanship also top level. I Go X performance only to decarbonise exhaust or get certain accessories only.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

• Replies 140.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wait4me

• lwfc

• MC28

• garfieldrox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. Which is why I said it is so disappointing testing out the new 400cc Honda bikes. All is buay kan compare to the old bikes. Cb400, cbr400rr and rvf all the horse power above 50. Really disgusted.

But what to do. Now my backside itchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stick with those old bikes if you really want. if scare of the wear and tearm etc, then get new bikes lor. no choice.

share your story on what happen

because i also kena same thing ...

but well that was ages ago and bike was still running fine

@wait4me. first time went in to change steering cone and chain at Kok Seng or Kok Pin (if im not wrong, the one nearest to the malay food stall), left the bike there cos too many ppl waiting for their turn. so went to makan with frens first. came back, the mech say it is done. that was about 3.30am. then went off alr, then realised that, it is still like the previous feeling, which is like kinda loose. so went back again the next day, the mech say it was changed. But before going back, one of my frens' tested and say it was worse than the previous parts. went back there and asked the mech, the mech say, if you dun believe us, then why you let us do? didn't want to offend him, so i just say, i am a new rider, so not familiar. thats why i asked. then i heard them whispered stuff about me.

Second time went to change racing footrest, they actually forgot to put back the rear brake switch. Cos i tried stepping on my rear brakes, but there was no effect at all. then i u-turn back, that time was still early like about 1 plus. then they say, everything was put back in place. so i believed them again. Upon reaching singapore, totally dun feel comfortable. met one of my frens', and he told me, bro you see the step there got any wired-like U-shaped hook mah? i said no. then he say, you are right lor. means he nv put back lah. I was stunned. Ever since then, I nv did my bike there anymore. Not even EO change.

Well, now im used to doing my bike up in singapore alr. dun bother wasting time to queue up to get cheaper prices. moreover things there also alibaba one. locals get cheaper doesnt mean we will get also. Moreover got frens lost their bikes in there as well. So play safe, i nv go in alr. hahaha.

share leh, i almost kenna imitation stuff in jb. wanted to do top service. i bought gasket set from fjt before going in just for safety, during service then wanted to change my piston rings, i told them no need because no money.

Their stuff, they say is original or imitation they will be upfront with you. LJ lah. original is also imitation one. thats why i dun bother going in alr. hahahaha.

I too have an unpleasant experience at bapok. Gonna share my story but not mentioning any names.

-1year+ ago when i just got my sp, i frequent bapok.

-Couple months later, Mech open up for top service, he said piston need to change so i went ahead.

-One week+ later, midnight riding along KJE (returning from JB,pump petrol) bike suddenly died. About 1sec~2sec later heard rear wheel lock, quickly clutch in and filter to shoulder. (FML piston jam)

-For about 5mins tried to start but no avail. Push bike to nearest exit and wait at bus stop.

-After awhile, can start then slowly ride back home.

-Next day bring to bapok, open up,piston and block scratch. Told me have 1 original sp piston but no block, want to put in first or not. Rejected kindly and told him to close up the engine.

-After that i found myself a honest Sg mech and stick with him since then.

-Never returned to bapok ever.

Not sure if my luck is bad or what. :?

Not only you. they just wanna earn money. actually if you start reading from the 1st page, you really can learn alot. wait4me, is one of the pioneers I've seen in this whole thread. He can be nice but also can be very guai lan. depend on how you talk to him. hehe. although i have not seen him before. BUT i think, he stay EW5 mrt station nearby (IF im not wrong lah). hahaha.

Not only you. they just wanna earn money. actually if you start reading from the 1st page, you really can learn alot. wait4me, is one of the pioneers I've seen in this whole thread. He can be nice but also can be very guai lan. depend on how you talk to him. hehe. although i have not seen him before. BUT i think, he stay EW5 mrt station nearby (IF im not wrong lah). hahaha.

Yup can see he is a SP lao jiao. Im just lucky to have found a honest sg mech. Those ride SP after awhile will know how to take care of it, provided you have the interest that is.

2001 HONDA NSR150SP FT97xxU 02 Apr 2016 to ~

1991 HONDA CBR400RR L FL35xxT 15 Dec 2017 to ~

@wait4me. first time went in to change steering cone and chain at Kok Seng or Kok Pin (if im not wrong, the one nearest to the malay food stall), left the bike there cos too many ppl waiting for their turn. so went to makan with frens first. came back, the mech say it is done. that was about 3.30am. then went off alr, then realised that, it is still like the previous feeling, which is like kinda loose. so went back again the next day, the mech say it was changed. But before going back, one of my frens' tested and say it was worse than the previous parts. went back there and asked the mech, the mech say, if you dun believe us, then why you let us do? didn't want to offend him, so i just say, i am a new rider, so not familiar. thats why i asked. then i heard them whispered stuff about me.

Second time went to change racing footrest, they actually forgot to put back the rear brake switch. Cos i tried stepping on my rear brakes, but there was no effect at all. then i u-turn back, that time was still early like about 1 plus. then they say, everything was put back in place. so i believed them again. Upon reaching singapore, totally dun feel comfortable. met one of my frens', and he told me, bro you see the step there got any wired-like U-shaped hook mah? i said no. then he say, you are right lor. means he nv put back lah. I was stunned. Ever since then, I nv did my bike there anymore. Not even EO change.

Well, now im used to doing my bike up in singapore alr. dun bother wasting time to queue up to get cheaper prices. moreover things there also alibaba one. locals get cheaper doesnt mean we will get also. Moreover got frens lost their bikes in there as well. So play safe, i nv go in alr. hahaha.

my story is ,

long before all the bridges is built and causeway was jus a single straight lane

mine was jus changing eo and chain

then they tell me piston and block have issue ,

so i change it ,

some months later, i go back for oil change, and they say the same piston/block issue again

i say no bring money and cover back

ride for a year ,never encounter piston seize nor change piston and block then

and went back jb to change the chain and sprocket, but this time tell me engine bearing have issue and say until si beh jia lat jia lat

cut story short, i ride to thailand and back 2 times also no hit any issue .

so i dunno where they get the idea my bike so many issue.

my story is ,

long before all the bridges is built and causeway was jus a single straight lane

mine was jus changing eo and chain

then they tell me piston and block have issue ,

so i change it ,

some months later, i go back for oil change, and they say the same piston/block issue again

i say no bring money and cover back

ride for a year ,never encounter piston seize nor change piston and block then

and went back jb to change the chain and sprocket, but this time tell me engine bearing have issue and say until si beh jia lat jia lat

cut story short, i ride to thailand and back 2 times also no hit any issue .

so i dunno where they get the idea my bike so many issue.

i think i saw this in the earlier posts if im not wrong. hahaha. they wanna carrot you. but they got outbrained.

anyone know if we can get aftermarket wheel or engine bearings for SP?

like those from skf.

i can get the stock part number from here; http://tyga-performance.com/index.php?cPath=72_1036_77_1296_1319&osCsid=ifqhfrqdh4oe583k1mcvedi4e3 but cant seem to find aftermarket ones. i check with andy from project motor he say parts total will be $66. i was thinking of changing the bearings when i change tyres

stick with those old bikes if you really want. if scare of the wear and tearm etc, then get new bikes lor. no choice.

Yup. Just gotten cb400x on Wednesday. Now SP in carpark. From time to time will warm Engine and clear carbon in carpark.

On gear 1. Nsr still drags better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That day riding suddenly engine die. Stop at road side try to kick start at first, but can't. Push go car park try kicking again now the kick start lever can't even go down. Few of my friends say piston jam with block that's why can't even kick. Definitely need to do top overhaul liao. But I want to diagnose the exact issue and rough price for repair. In order to do that must tow to workshop, open engine let mech check then tow back home (cause I can't start repair now,no money) hoping you guys can help me out here. And also I've got no mech in sg. Always do top service at bapok but now engine related issues I won't do there. So am finding for a reputable mech here. Hsve heard of Andy, bayi and others. Currently I'm considering doing overhaul at planet motors. Any advise ?

That day riding suddenly engine die. Stop at road side try to kick start at first, but can't. Push go car park try kicking again now the kick start lever can't even go down. Few of my friends say piston jam with block that's why can't even kick. Definitely need to do top overhaul liao. But I want to diagnose the exact issue and rough price for repair. In order to do that must tow to workshop, open engine let mech check then tow back home (cause I can't start repair now,no money) hoping you guys can help me out here. And also I've got no mech in sg. Always do top service at bapok but now engine related issues I won't do there. So am finding for a reputable mech here. Hsve heard of Andy, bayi and others. Currently I'm considering doing overhaul at planet motors. Any advise ?

Trusted from gen to gen. :thumb:

i just filled up castrol power 1 racing 2t, feel much smoother than putoline even after valve opens. almost or even smoother than motul 710

havent monitor smell and smoke. can be bought from ah boy for $18 i think. btw anyone know to to adjust the 2t pump to make it lower? my current setting mean i need to refill 2-3 tanks. which is too inconvenient for me and i dont race much.

i know how to open the panel, but not sure whether moving the nut up or down increase or decrease. cat find in manual also