SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Fuel Consumption

Sckona

Which type of s4 has the best fuel consumption?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of s4 has the best fuel consumption?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am riding a spec 1, and my bike fuel gauge starts to dance around 230 km mileage...and I normally topped up at $20 at $2.20 (95) per litre which means about 9 litres of petrol - is this normal? Shouldn't the fuel gauge be dancing only when I hit almost like 15 litres instead of 9 litres? Appreciate any comments from bros here.

I also facing this problem before. My case is i put side stand then i switch on my bike saw that the fuel gauge was dancing it is wrong method . Make my bike straight, wait for few second, the fuel gauge start can take the correct fuel level and stop dancing normal still got 1 or 2 slot. Second , pumping petrol slow down when the fuel tank is nearly full. it still can pump 1 litre or more.

I also facing this problem before. My case is i put side stand then i switch on my bike saw that the fuel gauge was dancing it is wrong method . Make my bike straight, wait for few second, the fuel gauge start can take the correct fuel level and stop dancing normal still got 1 or 2 slot. Second , pumping petrol slow down when the fuel tank is nearly full. it still can pump 1 litre or more.

Hi Blazeman, tks for feedback. Basically I am checking if it is normal for my bike to have the fule gauge display starting to "dance" - means I need to quickly find a petrol station to fill up, but when I fill up, its only 9 litres and its already full tank. Yes, even though based on 9 litres for 230 km, it averages 23 km/l and theorectically having 15 litres before hitting reserve should last me at least 345 km before the gauge starts to dance, but I am thinking maybe the sensor or display is faulty for the fuel gauge to start dancing at around 230 km mileage, and if other bros also faced the same issue, and is there any way to rectify this other than basing on the mileage travel and not trusting the fuel gauge display?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Blazeman, tks for feedback. Basically I am checking if it is normal for my bike to have the fule gauge display starting to "dance" - means I need to quickly find a petrol station to fill up, but when I fill up, its only 9 litres and its already full tank. Yes, even though based on 9 litres for 230 km, it averages 23 km/l and theorectically having 15 litres before hitting reserve should last me at least 345 km before the gauge starts to dance, but I am thinking maybe the sensor or display is faulty for the fuel gauge to start dancing at around 230 km mileage, and if other bros also faced the same issue, and is there any way to rectify this other than basing on the mileage travel and not trusting the fuel gauge display?

I think your fuel tank petrol float is faulty

Thrash? Don't mind if i do.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126/59442677.gif

I think your fuel tank petrol float is faulty

You may be right, Thrasher, now I don't really trust the electronic meter anymore, and will pump petrol as soon as it hit 260 km, and also keeping away from Shell petrol - my average FC is around 20 km/litre - which I think is quite normal for S4...like other bros said, sometimes its your riding style....

I just got a 10yr spec 2.

I've got few problems i'd need advise on.

I rode a Vtec1 10yrs ago, but i've lost touch and need your advises.

Thanks

Anyone experience the below pls advise:

1) Power Lag at RPM 4K - 4.5K

Bike kinda hit a flat spot or loss power at this range. Then goes back to normal.

Could it be carb setting

2) Fuel consumption at 15km/l on first tank.

Maybe i'm not used to the bike yet. Or could it be linked to point 1, power lag due to carb setting?

3) The top of the engine where there is a rubber seal, in between there is slight oil seepage. is this normal?

I'm refering to the part where the silver coloured top cover (valve cover?) meets the black engine block. where there is 2 sliver round thingy there. The gap at the rubber seal has slight seepage.

4) Rapid ticking sound from engine when decelerating under medium to heavy engine braking. Slight ticking sound when blip throttle on neutral. What is the cause of it? valve clearance? Cam chain?

Pls advise me thanks!

I always avoided shell. Trust SPC my friend.. SUPPORT LOCAL. Better mileage i heard. Will pump sg only if lan lan no choice

paiseh, paiseh, sorry for being a kaypoh...but i will just like to correct you on something...

SPC is NO LONGER LOCAL / SINGAPORE company...:cry:

i noticed about a year or so ago that there is a small line under SPC logo that goes something like "PetroCHINA"...

check it out on wiki & it turned out that SPC was delisted & "TAKEOVER" by PetroChina on 2009, so actually SPC is now a CHINA company ( check it out ).

so supporting SPC does not mean support Singapore / Local but China...o_O

no hard feelings, just FACTS...:)

Thanks & Best Regards.

We are all here to share & learn. :thumb:

paiseh, paiseh, sorry for being a kaypoh...but i will just like to correct you on something...

SPC is NO LONGER LOCAL / SINGAPORE company...:cry:

i noticed about a year or so ago that there is a small line under SPC logo that goes something like "PetroCHINA"...

check it out on wiki & it turned out that SPC was delisted & "TAKEOVER" by PetroChina on 2009, so actually SPC is now a CHINA company ( check it out ).

so supporting SPC does not mean support Singapore / Local but China...o_O

no hard feelings, just FACTS...:)

Capture.jpg

here!

I just got a 10yr spec 2.

I've got few problems i'd need advise on.

I rode a Vtec1 10yrs ago, but i've lost touch and need your advises.

Thanks

Anyone experience the below pls advise:

1) Power Lag at RPM 4K - 4.5K

Bike kinda hit a flat spot or loss power at this range. Then goes back to normal.

Could it be carb setting

2) Fuel consumption at 15km/l on first tank.

Maybe i'm not used to the bike yet. Or could it be linked to point 1, power lag due to carb setting?

3) The top of the engine where there is a rubber seal, in between there is slight oil seepage. is this normal?

I'm refering to the part where the silver coloured top cover (valve cover?) meets the black engine block. where there is 2 sliver round thingy there. The gap at the rubber seal has slight seepage.

4) Rapid ticking sound from engine when decelerating under medium to heavy engine braking. Slight ticking sound when blip throttle on neutral. What is the cause of it? valve clearance? Cam chain?

Pls advise me thanks!

Definitely need to do valve clearance n service yr carb. Sad to say but u hv to spend some money...

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab148/pngming/113.jpg

How much would it cost to do valve clearance bro

Since its 10 year old, if i were you, i would do a top overhaul that includes valve clearance as well. At least have some peace of mind to know the whole engine is fresh again.

Thrash? Don't mind if i do.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126/59442677.gif

Since its 10 year old, if i were you, i would do a top overhaul that includes valve clearance as well. At least have some peace of mind to know the whole engine is fresh again.

Hi how much would it cost to do a top overhaul for a vtec 2 and how long will I have to put the bike at workshop

Edited by Dino Bravo

Hi how much would it cost to do a top overhaul for a vtec 2 and how long will I have to put the bike at workshop

look for unique motorsport in the advertiser board they list their prices for valve clearance & top overhaul packages...use tat as reference =)

'97 CB400 F3V (NC31) :cool:

look for unique motorsport in the advertiser board they list their prices for valve clearance & top overhaul packages...use tat as reference =)

Thanks for the info! I didn't know their website was so informative.

thanks again

hey guys! can i check wats the amount of fuel for ver S before it hits reserve? mine usually about 10-11L used then hit reserved liao. is it normal? cos from what i know the full tank at least got 17L right?

verS tank total 18L...15L then it will go to reserve..

'97 CB400 F3V (NC31) :cool:

• 2 weeks later...