SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Fuel Consumption

Sckona

Which type of s4 has the best fuel consumption?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of s4 has the best fuel consumption?

How can you guys resist not opening vtec? At highway speeds 100km/h on my spec 3 is already within vtec opening range. hehehee

Managed to clock 340km on about 15L of fuel. Bone stock except for BMC air filter and GPR end can.

Haha, but hor each time on vtec oso become no syiok oledi. Ya, ur spec 3 i think at 110km/hr vtec on. My spec 2 is at 100km/hr.

My Ride History:

1997 - 2003 : Yamaha SRE 100 a.k.a My First Love

2001 - 2004 : Yamaha Sports Y110SS a.k.a My First 2-Stroke Bike

2005 - 2012 : Honda Phantom TA200 a.k.a My First Cruiser Bike

2012 - 2012 : Honda CB400 Spec II a.k.a My First VTEC Love

2013 - NOW : Yamaha YZF-R1 a.k.a My First SuperBike :cool:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you guys resist not opening vtec? At highway speeds 100km/h on my spec 3 is already within vtec opening range. hehehee

Managed to clock 340km on about 15L of fuel. Bone stock except for BMC air filter and GPR end can.

Haha, but hor each time on vtec oso become no syiok oledi. Ya, ur spec 3 i think at 110km/hr vtec on. My spec 2 is at 100km/hr.

My Ride History:

1997 - 2003 : Yamaha SRE 100 a.k.a My First Love

2001 - 2004 : Yamaha Sports Y110SS a.k.a My First 2-Stroke Bike

2005 - 2012 : Honda Phantom TA200 a.k.a My First Cruiser Bike

2012 - 2012 : Honda CB400 Spec II a.k.a My First VTEC Love

2013 - NOW : Yamaha YZF-R1 a.k.a My First SuperBike :cool:

Can't help it bro, the speed between 90- 105 km/h feels like a dead spot for my spec 3. Its either cruise at 85km/h or whack to 110kmh. No in between haha.

Hi guys, im just bought a spec 3 1 month ago, been wondering everytime i pump petrol, when its near 15L the petrol is at the top of the tank but it will nv get full. what is the actual amount of litres that i can pump?

Running away from problems is a sure way of running into problems. - saw this quote on someone's t shirt

"Love is always patient and kind , It is never jealous,

Love is never boastful not conceded, It is never selfish, It does not take offence and it is not resentful,

Love takes no pleasure in other people sins but delights in the truth, It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes...." - A Walk To Remember

Hi guys, im just bought a spec 3 1 month ago, been wondering everytime i pump petrol, when its near 15L the petrol is at the top of the tank but it will nv get full. what is the actual amount of litres that i can pump?

total 18litres including 4litres of reserve

total 18litres including 4litres of reserve

How do you know that you cant pump anymore and its full?

Running away from problems is a sure way of running into problems. - saw this quote on someone's t shirt

Love is never boastful not conceded, It is never selfish, It does not take offence and it is not resentful,

Love takes no pleasure in other people sins but delights in the truth, It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes...." - A Walk To Remember

u can practically pump it to the neck. more than that it will flow to the side and down to the floor via a tube.

so to check it i have pumped to the max, i just check if it overflows on the floor? cool. thanks.

so to check it i have pumped to the max, i just check if it overflows on the floor? cool. thanks.

Cos you have remaining fuel in the reserve.

Pump till the brim will do, no point pump till max and overflow to check, no need to make the pretol stn floor oily and slippery for others

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

• 2 weeks later...
4 litres of reserve or 3 litres?
3. Bt doesnt matter la. Spec 3 tank no need open reserve valve. Its the whole tank by itself. So once the fuel gauge starts running just go pump petrol. Anyway once the meter starts to run u hv tens of km more to go

• 3 weeks later...

Try BROQUET Fuel Charger to get better power and FC bros,

TESTED AND PROVEN with many S4 reviews by S4 riders.

whatapps me at 98759408 I can send u the review in my hp.

Check out-->

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/235030-lt-CMO-gt-BROQUET-Fuel-Charger-(UK)-NEW-(Torque-Top)-DUAL-MODE-SELECTOR-Voltage-Stablize?highlight=

Edited by vtec88

3. Bt doesnt matter la. Spec 3 tank no need open reserve valve. Its the whole tank by itself. So once the fuel gauge starts running just go pump petrol. Anyway once the meter starts to run u hv tens of km more to go

So, even with my fuel switch set to "ON", empty on the meter means actually empty? As in my reserve is also used up?

Whats the use of the "Reserve" option on the fuel switch for/mean then? :confused:

Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian! :p

So, even with my fuel switch set to "ON", empty on the meter means actually empty? As in my reserve is also used up?

Whats the use of the "Reserve" option on the fuel switch for/mean then? :confused:

I dont think Spec 3 have the fuel cock for you to switch between on and reserve.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi...any1 here seasoned with touring by CB400? would like to ask, what is ur FC from JB immigration(via new h'way) to Sungai Besi toll (KL toll)...

my bike V2 is stock except fr BMC air filter& rear sproc size 42....my bike condition should be owez excellent most of d time due to touring...using Amsoil 15w-50 that is not heavy fr my usage as i go &fro spore-KL almost every week...bring pillion with top box...total weight of me,pillion&cargo is abt 160kg, average speed 140-165kmh (constant speed owez...no slow-fast-slow fast mode, got slow lorry will overtake directly on d shoulder)

Hi...any1 here seasoned with touring by CB400? would like to ask, what is ur FC from JB immigration(via new h'way) to Sungai Besi toll (KL toll)...

my bike V2 is stock except fr BMC air filter& rear sproc size 42....my bike condition should be owez excellent most of d time due to touring...using Amsoil 15w-50 that is not heavy fr my usage as i go &fro spore-KL almost every week...bring pillion with top box...total weight of me,pillion&cargo is abt 160kg, average speed 140-165kmh (constant speed owez...no slow-fast-slow fast mode, got slow lorry will overtake directly on d shoulder)

Topic been discussed before.. Even when you rode your 2B bike

Anyway, last week I rode on 1FullTank from the Last pumpstation before entering NSHW at KL to GP Esso.. Nonstop trip all the way back

• 1 month later...
No.

Let others confirm. :D

tank-illus.png

think this picture should explain.

Phantom TA200 2004 - 2005

Suzuki Intruder 2005 - 2006

Civic ESI 2006 - 2007

Civic SIR 2007 - 2008

320i 2008 - 2009 Feb

Honda Fit 1.3 2009 Feb - 2010 Dec

S4 PB1 2010 Dec -

NT650VY 2011 Jun -

Hmm I did a constant 150 to 170kph for a few hours.

After heading back to Singapore, did a few checks no problems for me. Of course, depends on your current bike's health.

just 1 to know who are seasoned with touring,so ez-er to hv chat on riding matters ,especially those who ride at least 3000km per mth at m'sian h'ways....i did tour spore-KL-spore almost every week with my wife as pillion,datz d reason i ask here fr those who ride CB400 of any version do like i do..

just 1 to know who are seasoned with touring,so ez-er to hv chat on riding matters ,especially those who ride at least 3000km per mth at m'sian h'ways....i did tour spore-KL-spore almost every week with my wife as pillion,datz d reason i ask here fr those who ride CB400 of any version do like i do..

Seem tat u r entho about tour

Check your pm