SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SYM GTS200 group

gargantua

personally for myself:

1) although the manual recommend to change at 12,000 km, i will inspect the belt for damage to determine the condition.

SYM also recommend servicing the CVT every 3,000 km but i think maybe you can drag it to 5,000-8,000 km before getting it done if you don't find it giving you problem. you can inspect the belt, rollers and U-clip at the same time.

the belt life span might shorten or lengthen depending on your riding style. of course you can play safe by changing it early. still, it is not uncommon to change at 15,000 km and above.

2) stock is good as everything is well-tested by the manufacturer unless you can find parts that exceed the OEM standard.

also, better is relative. you can tune your scooter CVT according to your riding style and condition. but after market parts can be rather expensive. those that is more experience might be able to advice you on CVT tuning.

currently i am using Honda PCX roller. i like how it perform as most of my riding is highway condition. i not sure how the roller holding up. will open it up soon for inspection.

you can try to source for cheaper parts if you are willing to DIY.

Thanks buddy .... will adhere to your advice & change stock. Riding 100-110 norm mostly highway. Probably will go to Taihin for overall change .....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, can anyone advise if SYM GTS200 is high on maintenance? your experience so far?

Appreciate your comment from experience.

the maintenance is not that expensive. i just find that the part quality is not that good so you will have items to replace now and then.

overall, if you service the scooter regularly, it will bring down the cost greatly. of course, it not like riding a kup kia which can take plenty of abuse.

Impact.. you change bigger bore to gain bigger CC, what i can think of..

1. Fuel Consumption

2. logically when you over size the bore.. you will be using oversize piston or piston ring. watch for oil leak if the piston ring only that got replaced.

3. original camshaft might not take the additional cc.. ( maybe ) with big bore.. the room is bigger.. but the axle still small. logically thinking.

but anyway.. mine is stock and still can reach 130km/h indicated.. but here i singapore i prefer to look for FC.. manage to configure mine 1 litre for 29 - 30km.. still with good topspeed.

so its depend on your intention ?

How much is the big bore kit? 18cc gain but more worry you will have. On top of what bro mudai have mention, can the belt and rollers handle the extra torque and speed?

1995 - 1996 ~ Yamaha TZR125

1996 - 1999 ~ Honda CBR400RRK Hurricane

2005 - 2006 ~ Honda TA150 Phantom

2006 - 2010 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 1

2011 - 2013 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 2

2013 - 20** ~ Ducati Monster 796 ABS + Sym GTS200

Soon... i can do it on the 14th, there is someone from our group want to try it.... after change fork oil.. those workshop that offering 80 sgd or even the one at bartley junction seranggon road asking for 150.. haha all over priced.. 1L fork oil can service 4 bike.. around $29 brand motul... but after all this a DIY session.. try saving more instead stoned with just one workshop :p

eh this sat Jb is open.. 1st week every month.. btw i end up buying hella horn too.. hahahha... but im going to have switch on it.. keep original horn in

Soon... i can do it on the 14th, there is someone from our group want to try it.... after change fork oil.. those workshop that offering 80 sgd or even the one at bartley junction seranggon road asking for 150.. haha all over priced.. 1L fork oil can service 4 bike.. around $29 brand motul... but after all this a DIY session.. try saving more instead stoned with just one workshop :p

eh this sat Jb is open.. 1st week every month.. btw i end up buying hella horn too.. hahahha... but im going to have switch on it.. keep original horn in

haha... you can find space for all the horn? :p

anyway, my new tools has arrived.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/tayts1/20150206_003959_resized.jpg

Hahaha. I think will struggle a bit. Because I'm keeping my old horn

Missed a few good deals on gts coz not sure if want to buy 2A bike. Taking lic. now. You seem very happy with your bike. This really such a good 2B bike? Never give problems?

for me, it almost never failed me.. it failed me once because a workshop replace some parts with very low end quality parts.. as long it's maintain properly , it will give you pleasure on riding it..

Engine Oil once a month, gear oil every 3 Engine Oil..

My bike tested all the way to KL furthest... next will going to penang.. anyone interested to join may message me.. there will be few bike going.

for me, it almost never failed me.. it failed me once because a workshop replace some parts with very low end quality parts.. as long it's maintain properly , it will give you pleasure on riding it..

Engine Oil once a month, gear oil every 3 Engine Oil..

My bike tested all the way to KL furthest... next will going to penang.. anyone interested to join may message me.. there will be few bike going.

Penang way further than KL. This bike top speed is what...130kph? I suppose will be cruising at around 110 - 120 kph?

Yes. Max 120 we are doing sight seeing touring. Then stop at RR for 1 hour to cool down bike and resting. And here to penang all the way express way. Should be no problem .

Yes, good plan. Think of the food...the fooooood.... :thirsty:

since our scooter doesn't have a oil filter... what about DIY one? :thumb:

Haha good find. Wouldn't dare do it on my own vehicle though. Btw, where did you get those tools? A standard set enough for basic maintenance like changing oils?

Haha good find. Wouldn't dare do it on my own vehicle though. Btw, where did you get those tools? A standard set enough for basic maintenance like changing oils?

just get those wrench which you can change the socket head. you need 17 mm for engine oil. for transmission oil, you will need 10 mm and 14 mm. also, you will need a extension bar to reaches into the tight spot as well.

I will suggest you buy the whole set which come with multiple socket sizes just in case DIYing became a hobby:p it will be cheaper in the long run.

just get those wrench which you can change the socket head. you need 17 mm for engine oil. for transmission oil, you will need 10 mm and 14 mm. also, you will need a extension bar to reaches into the tight spot as well.

I will suggest you buy the whole set which come with multiple socket sizes just in case DIYing became a hobby:p it will be cheaper in the long run.

Thanks for this. Really valuable info.

Anyone knows how much will it cost to install rack + box on this bike?

Any recommendations?